Disney Bus Crash at Epcot

GholsHost

Even without serious injuries, there might be some with minor injuries, in which case they very well should go after Disney. Even with a minor hit, there can still be minor injuries that would mean PT is needed at home, probably follow up with primary care doctors, lost wages for doctors appointments and PT, plus a sum of cash for pain and suffering...if you have no damages, then don't sue, but if you have and can prove damages, you should sue. If this were a regular traffic accident at home, you would sue.

A lot of lawsuits are frivolous, but the one driver was ticketed, and for those 15 people who went to the hospital, they should sue. Not for millions of dollars, but they should settle with Disney for damages.
Being this is an accident on a Disney bus, and the injured parties are guests, Disney's insurance should cover all medical bills and incidentals. The only reason to sue would be if the insurance company was unwilling to pay for an injured party's damages. Though there are those dishonest few who will always try to inflate their losses, the injured guests should not need to sue Disney.

Virtual Toad

The bigger issue is the state of overall traffic congestion on WDW property. It's been far worse this year than I've seen in a long time.

Hopefully once the construction projects are complete things will flow a bit smoother but it's harrowing enough driving a small car on WDW's roadways. I can't imagine the stress and danger bus drivers face right now, on top of the inherent distraction of having a ton of loud guests packed like sardines onto the bus all day long.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Yeah, I've stopped replying to most threads around here because for a forum for people who love Disney, we seem to have a lot of those who can't wait to criticize every move Disney makes.

There's another site that bans people who say anything critical of Disney. I can PM the link if you'd like. Sounds like a better spot for you if all you want is never-ending pixie dust. :joyfull:

JohnD

Happened around 10am in the Epcot parking lot, with around 50 guests (combined) in the two busses. 15 taken to hospital for treatment.

Actually it was at the Epcot entrance plaza. I was on another bus arriving at Epcot after 10am. The accident happened in the bus lane on the far right just past the plaza. That lane and two to it’s left were blocked off with emergency vehicles. At the time I didn’t know what was going on but it did appear to be a bus rear ending the other. Didn’t know the specifics until later.

JohnD

The bigger issue is the state of overall traffic congestion on WDW property. It's been far worse this year than I've seen in a long time.

Hopefully once the construction projects are complete things will flow a bit smoother but it's harrowing enough driving a small car on WDW's roadways. I can't imagine the stress and danger bus drivers face right now, on top of the inherent distraction of having a ton of loud guests packed like sardines onto the bus all day long.

It happened in the bus lane where no other vehilcles are allowed. The only congestion is the extent that two other lanes were blocked off. If there is a “fortunately” it’s that it happened at the auto plaza where cars have to fan out to different booths to enter.

Tom P.

There's another site that bans people who say anything critical of Disney. I can PM the link if you'd like. Sounds like a better spot for you if all you want is never-ending pixie dust. :joyfull:
I don't think it's about wanting never-ending pixie dust or wanting people banned who criticize Disney. I criticize boneheaded Disney moves too. But I can sympathize with @rescue_ranger in that it often seems -- perhaps incorrectly -- that a substantial portion of folks here aren't Disney fans who occasionally have a complaint, but people who dislike Disney and don't think they ever do anything right.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I don't think it's about wanting never-ending pixie dust or wanting people banned who criticize Disney. I criticize boneheaded Disney moves too. But I can sympathize with @rescue_ranger in that it often seems -- perhaps incorrectly -- that a substantial portion of folks here aren't Disney fans who occasionally have a complaint, but people who dislike Disney and don't think they ever do anything right.

They do plenty right, they're very very good at taking my money for example!

Goofyernmost

Being this is an accident on a Disney bus, and the injured parties are guests, Disney's insurance should cover all medical bills and incidentals. The only reason to sue would be if the insurance company was unwilling to pay for an injured party's damages. Though there are those dishonest few who will always try to inflate their losses, the injured guests should not need to sue Disney.
It wouldn't surprise me if Disney is self insured, why pay out huge amounts in premiums when you have billions hanging around anyway.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You probably have a profile and a login. It's not asking for money, just a login.

Which, in this case, is more than I'm willing to pay. But, it probably is an interesting article, at least for those interested in Insurance. :geek:
1544726187853.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom