"Disney Build It!" Kits Released

Cmdr_Crimson

This can go in so many ways...
Facepalm.jpg

They Can DO Better!

TigerBravo1977

About 25 years ago (wow) my dad bought me a Cinderella Castle Lego set that was very big and detailed. He started putting it together and wound up having to use glue to make it work. After he spent hours doing this I just wanted to knock it down. :)

Phonedave

I agree. It's hard to make any firm comparisons without seeing piece counts but LEGOs have definitely gone up in price in the last few years. Just 3-4 years ago they would run about $.08 to $.09 per piece on average. A $20 LEGO set might have 220 pieces or so. Now that same set is $30-35.

I find the real LEGO sets underwhelming as of late.

When I was a kid the sets had lots of bigger blocks. Now all they seem to be is made up of little tiny things and "Special" peices like fences and antennas and ladders etc.
Eh, sorry for the thread drift. I guess I am just showing my age.

See what you can do with a lot of "normal" bricks http://www.see-sciencecenter.org/visitors/millyard-project.aspx

The largest permanent LEGO installation in the world. I think it's cool because my kids and I helped build some sections of it. :)

-dave

Missing20K

When I was a kid the sets had lots of bigger blocks. Now all they seem to be is made up of little tiny things and "Special" peices like fences and antennas and ladders etc.

See what you can do with a lot of "normal" bricks http://www.see-sciencecenter.org/visitors/millyard-project.aspx

The largest permanent LEGO installation in the world. I think it's cool because my kids and I helped build some sections of it. :)

-dave

That installation is AWESOME!!!

Sorry for the slight drift, I was just overwhelmed and had to comment. I used to build sets in my bedroom growing up that would take up my entire floor, but that is just outrageous. UberCool.

Wilson-uk

Ok so who is going to build WDW in lego then?

Hell start a new thread with your own disney world attractions made from lego and lets see how creative we can all be.

GothMickey

Wow, that set they are selling is weak. What were they thinking? Just more craptastic merchandise released from Disney's merchandising department.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Considering the price point and the age range what they have is about as much as you can do. Hopefully in the not so distant future they will release some higher dollar kits akin to the Star Wars Ultimate collectors series.

lego-star-wars-ultime.jpg

kimmychad

-dave

building legos has progressed into an art for some people. i have a picture of han solo frozen in carbonite. being both a star wars and lego fan i think it's pretty cool.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
At $25 and geared to the 5+ age range, not bad.

I think a Lego/Disney collaboration on larger scale models of all the same attractions would be like manna from heaven to my Lego-crazed son Morgan, but until then he'd probably find these a bit too basic.
not bad for a 5 year old? not bad for a 35 year old sitting at his desk right now. :D

Kind of looks like something you'd get at McDonald's if you ask me...
Id have to see in person.

Considering the price point and the age range what they have is about as much as you can do. Hopefully in the not so distant future they will release some higher dollar kits akin to the Star Wars Ultimate collectors series.

lego-star-wars-ultime.jpg
Those will grace the desk as well if they come out. :lookaroun

I think i need a bigger desk

mrtoad

The 35% toy promotion you mentioned, is that on all toys on property and do you know how long it will run for? We are going to WDW 3/28 - 4/4 and hoping the promotion is still on then.

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom