Disney Bucket Lists

Sbk1234

Original Poster
It could be big stuff, or little, but many of us have bucket lists of things we've always wanted to do at WDW (at least for as long as we've known about some of these things) but haven't.
What's on your lists?

Mine include staying for a full two weeks.
Riding the hot air balloon in Disney Springs
Staying at the Polynesian and/or Wilderness Lodge
Being the last one to leave Magic Kingdom
Eating in Space 220

Married5Times

i do understand that bucket lists are extremely subjective to each and I'm under the impression that what ordinarily makes something eligible to be on a list is something that is very hard to come by, usually due to money and sometimes due to time. So I'm a bit curious as to why riding the balloon at Disney Springs makes your list......what, is it like $20 or 30 and perhaps an hour round trip if one drives from Caribbean Beach.

now if heights were a constant bugaboo for me then something like the hot air balloon should be on my bucket list: conquer that fear and feel a great accomplishment

Anyway being the last guest out of Magic Kingdom would be quite memorable.

Sbk1234

Original Poster
i do understand that bucket lists are extremely subjective to each and I'm under the impression that what ordinarily makes something eligible to be on a list is something that is very hard to come by, usually due to money and sometimes due to time. So I'm a bit curious as to why riding the balloon at Disney Springs makes your list......what, is it like $20 or 30 and perhaps an hour round trip if one drives from Caribbean Beach.

now if heights were a constant bugaboo for me then something like the hot air balloon should be on my bucket list: conquer that fear and feel a great accomplishment

I agree that the lists are quite subjective. I didn't make this list based on what was out of reach, but what is important to me to do. The same as I expect other people to view their lists. While money isn't the issue for my not riding the balloon, yet, the opportunity hasn't presented itself for a number of reasons, all too boring to be mentioned here.
This topic is only intended to be a bit of innocent fun. Nothing more.

NelleBelle

I don't understand why you're questioning the OP's "subjective" bucket list that is unique to them? Maybe they don't have the time to do the aerophile or have a large family where $20-30 would add up significantly--who knows but maybe just ask them why it's on their bucket list instead of making comments that come off as flippant (it's very hard to interpret tone through type so I may be totally off the mark and apologize if I am 😊) As the OP asked, what are your bucket list items (I'll add that you feel are unique to you)?

My bucket list is fairly short:
--bring our airstream to camp at Ft. Wilderness.

This is now seeming to be a true "bucket list" item as it seems about 95% certain that our family will be moving to Oahu and we will likely be selling my beloved airstream (and with it my BIG bucket list of visiting every national park in the lower 48 states) 😩

Kamikaze

I don't understand why you're questioning the OP's "subjective" bucket list that is unique to them? Maybe they don't have the time to do the aerophile or have a large family where $20-30 would add up significantly--who knows but maybe just ask them why it's on their bucket list instead of making comments that come off as flippant (it's very hard to interpret tone through type so I may be totally off the mark and apologize if I am 😊) As the OP asked, what are your bucket list items (I'll add that you feel are unique to you)?

My bucket list is fairly short:
--bring our airstream to camp at Ft. Wilderness.

This is now seeming to be a true "bucket list" item as it seems about 95% certain that our family will be moving to Oahu and we will likely be selling my beloved airstream (and with it my BIG bucket list of visiting every national park in the lower 48 states) 😩
Can you do it as a last hurrah with the airstream before you move & sell it?

NelleBelle

Can you do it as a last hurrah with the airstream before you move & sell it?
We have a trip already planned this July (flights already booked). And since we're currently in Seattle, it would be quite the road trip!😛 Our current truck is not up to going over mountain passes (I special ordered a new truck that we will likely cancel as we don't need a big ol' truck in HI). We have to be in HI Aug. 1 and we get back from WDW on 7/27! I'm still trying to bargain a way into keeping it and storing it in Seattle with my parents. So sad; it was our dream to have one and now to sell it after having it for only 3 years...sigh

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We have a trip already planned this July (flights already booked). And since we're currently in Seattle, it would be quite the road trip!😛 Our current truck is not up to going over mountain passes (I special ordered a new truck that we will likely cancel as we don't need a big ol' truck in HI). We have to be in HI Aug. 1 and we get back from WDW on 7/27! I'm still trying to bargain a way into keeping it and storing it in Seattle with my parents. So sad; it was our dream to have one and now to sell it after having it for only 3 years...sigh
Have you ever considered renting an RV? There are several companies that do it.

Smiley/OCD

The closest Disney bucket list item was about 10-15 years ago when my DW gave me the old tour around the WS on a Segway…THAT was awesome! My oldest DD (who was in the DCP) has a bucket list desire to get evacuated from a ride…go figure…
My best non Disney bucket list item for me was achieved last August when my youngest DD and I drove from NJ at the Atlantic Ocean to her new college in California at the Pacific Ocean…a trip to remember!

NelleBelle

Have you ever considered renting an RV? There are several companies that do it.
We did rent a 33' class c prior to buying "Ellie" (the airstream) and "Carl" (the truck); we've definitely talked about doing that if we do end up selling. I've also thought that when DH retires, we could buy another airstream and spend 6-months mainland driving around visiting national and state parks and then spend our "winters" in HI.

NelleBelle

My bucket list is to be evacuated from 180 top in SSE
That's on my bucket list of rides to be evacuated from. Last spring we nearly got evacuated from EE--we got stuck for about 30 minutes going backwards on a curve. The lights came on and we though for sure we'd get taken off, but darn it, no luck. We had also been stuck going up the big hill that same ride (so stuck twice before getting off). We were the last train before the shut it down for the rest of the day.

vikescaper

That's on my bucket list of rides to be evacuated from. Last spring we nearly got evacuated from EE--we got stuck for about 30 minutes going backwards on a curve. The lights came on and we though for sure we'd get taken off, but darn it, no luck. We had also been stuck going up the big hill that same ride (so stuck twice before getting off). We were the last train before the shut it down for the rest of the day.
I get excited every time I go on SSE and it stops but sadly, no evacuation as of yet.

Pepper's Ghost

I vote for:
  • Being evacuated on Haunted Mansion. That would be amazing.
  • Golfing at WDW which is probably difficult to get a tee time, but more importantly, it's really hard to convince your girlfriend/wife to let you go golfing for 4 hours while they sit around doing nothing. Even if she were to spend that time at the resort pool, if I'm not there, she probably wouldn't be thrilled with me. "You go golfing every week. This is our vacation. You can skip a week." 🤣
  • Ride Soarin' Over California one more time at Epcot. This isn't in my control, yet still difficult and unlikely to happen.
  • Ride Pirates dressed as a pirate. This would be embarrassing the rest of the day. 🤣

Smiley/OCD

I vote for:
  • Golfing at WDW which is probably difficult to get a tee time, but more importantly, it's really hard to convince your girlfriend/wife to let you go golfing for 4 hours while they sit around doing nothing. Even if she were to spend that time at the resort pool, if I'm not there, she probably wouldn't be thrilled with me. "You go golfing every week. This is our vacation. You can skip a week." 🤣
  • Ride Soarin' Over California one more time at Epcot. This isn't in my control, yet still difficult and unlikely to happen.
  • Ride Pirates dressed as a pirate. This would be embarrassing the rest of the day. 🤣
We were stuck on HM for almost 30 minutes hoping to get evacuated but NO…
I’ve said it many times, now that there’s 3 “theaters” keep 2 ATW, and return 1 to the Cali version.
About 10 years ago the family was at the MVSHP and we went as a family of pirates and yes, we rode PotC…

NelleBelle

I vote for:
Back in 2016 we did MNSHP on Halloween night and had just finished a Halloween on the High Seas cruise on DCL--we dressed to the nines in our pirate attire and rode PotC that night! Here we are in all our glory (me minus my hoop skirt, which I wore on the cruise but figured it would be too difficult to get in/out of rides)!!
Library - 1 of 1.jpeg

Pepper's Ghost

Back in 2016 we did MNSHP on Halloween night and had just finished a Halloween on the High Seas cruise on DCL--we dressed to the nines in our pirate attire and rode PotC that night! Here we are in all our glory (me minus my hoop skirt, which I wore on the cruise but figured it would be too difficult to get in/out of rides)!!
View attachment 628527
For a second I thought you nailed two of my bucket list items in one fell swoop. 🤣 Awesome picture, and love the costumes! I have a Jack Sparra' costume, and if I could lose a few lbs, I think I could fit back into it. Here's a pic I took at one of my Halloween parties with a friend who by chance and unbeknownst to me also dressed as a Johnny Depp character. 🤣 If I lose a couple of lbs and Disney gets rid of Genie+ and stops with the nickle and diming, I might pack it into my suitcase and visit MK to cross one item off my list. 😁
IMG_0053.jpg

Weather_Lady

Unfortunately, I waited too long for a few things, or circumstances changed that made them impossible. My now-impossible bucket list items would have been:

- Dinner at Victoria & Albert's for our 20th wedding anniversary this coming September (but it probably won't even reopen by then, and even if it does, it likely wouldn't be with sufficient notice for us to plan an impromptu weekend trip around it)
- A full week's stay at the Polynesian (now prohibitively expensive)
- Keeping the tradition of dinner at 'Ohana on the last night of every trip (had to stop due to expense and dropping of family-favorite items from the menu)
- At least once for each park, staying through the last, late-night/early-morning minute of EMH when it's almost deserted (no longer offered)

Bucket list items we DID get to do: Birthday Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, MK Dessert Party, first riders of the day on an attraction, evacuated off of an attraction, multiple consecutive rides on the PeopleMover, and taking every kind of WDW transportation (bus, monorail, boat, Skyliner) in one day

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom