Disney Bucket Lists

Sbk1234

Original Poster
I vote for:
  • Being evacuated on Haunted Mansion. That would be amazing.
  • Golfing at WDW which is probably difficult to get a tee time, but more importantly, it's really hard to convince your girlfriend/wife to let you go golfing for 4 hours while they sit around doing nothing. Even if she were to spend that time at the resort pool, if I'm not there, she probably wouldn't be thrilled with me. "You go golfing every week. This is our vacation. You can skip a week." 🤣
I was evacuated off of the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland once. Sat there for about a half hour or more, while my then baby daughter (now a cast member in the Disney College Program) slept in my arms. We got to walk out through the corridor of doors, then slipped out through an emergency exit and out through a crypt back into the regular guest parts of the park.

Why would your girlfriend/wife have to do nothing while you golfed?! She should have a wonderful day to herself doing exactly what she wants, like hitting each of her favorite attractions without having to worry about someone else's pace.

JIMINYCR

It could be big stuff, or little, but many of us have bucket lists of things we've always wanted to do at WDW (at least for as long as we've known about some of these things) but haven't.
What's on your lists?

Mine include staying for a full two weeks.
Riding the hot air balloon in Disney Springs
Staying at the Polynesian and/or Wilderness Lodge
Being the last one to leave Magic Kingdom
Eating in Space 220
Ive done everything on your list except eaten at Space 220.... that is at the top of my list for a next trip. Ive told DW I cant wait until we can extend our 2 week trips into a 3 week or one month trip. Having that extra time when we dont have to rush through our plans and visit more things in the Orlando area as side trips. Other items on my list are doing the African trek, dining with an Imagineer, run in a Disney marathon and sit in the front seat Lightcycle of Tron when it opens. My bucket list is very doable and probably will never end. I'm sure as I accomplish one thing another will rise up to take its place.
By the way, the Characters in Flight baloon lift is IMHO worth the experience. Hope you get it in. We had to wait several trips to do it because every time we were in DS the stormy weather cancelled the flights.

Greg in TN

I vote for: .......

• Ride Pirates dressed as a pirate. This would be embarrassing the rest of the day. 🤣
Oh, I like that. Add to it, riding Haunted Mansion dressed as a ghost, or Soarin' dressed as a flight attendant. Maybe Test Track dressed as a crash test dummy (I know, that's not the theme anymore, but I like that version of the ride better). Expedition Everest dressed as a mountain climber -- or as the YETI !! This could be fun -- prob'ly have to do it all during Halloween or Disney would disallow the costumes.

Sbk1234

Original Poster
Ive done everything on your list except eaten at Space 220.... that is at the top of my list for a next trip. Ive told DW I cant wait until we can extend our 2 week trips into a 3 week or one month trip. Having that extra time when we dont have to rush through our plans and visit more things in the Orlando area as side trips. Other items on my list are doing the African trek, dining with an Imagineer, run in a Disney marathon and sit in the front seat Lightcycle of Tron when it opens. My bucket list is very doable and probably will never end. I'm sure as I accomplish one thing another will rise up to take its place.
By the way, the Characters in Flight baloon lift is IMHO worth the experience. Hope you get it in. We had to wait several trips to do it because every time we were in DS the stormy weather cancelled the flights.
My plan for my trip in 16 days is to hit Characters in Flight on the day we arrive, since we won't be going into any parks that day. Also the skyliner. Hopefully we can make that happen. My biggest obstacle, I think, will be if I can successfully drag my wife around so much on a travel day. LOL.

SteveAZee

A lot of things on my bucket list are things I haven't done in a long time and that I'd like to do again:
- Stay at a monorail resort, probably the Polynesian (stayed at the Contemporary 30+ years ago)
- Laze about at Stormalong Bay (last time was 20+ years ago)
- Take a short nap in the pontoon boat in the middle of Bay Lake (30+ years ago)

- Walk a grandchild down the middle of Main Street USA(no grandchildren yet)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I vote for:
  • Being evacuated on Haunted Mansion. That would be amazing.
  • Golfing at WDW which is probably difficult to get a tee time, but more importantly, it's really hard to convince your girlfriend/wife to let you go golfing for 4 hours while they sit around doing nothing. Even if she were to spend that time at the resort pool, if I'm not there, she probably wouldn't be thrilled with me. "You go golfing every week. This is our vacation. You can skip a week." 🤣
  • Ride Soarin' Over California one more time at Epcot. This isn't in my control, yet still difficult and unlikely to happen.
  • Ride Pirates dressed as a pirate. This would be embarrassing the rest of the day. 🤣

My husband goes golfing frequently when we are at Disney, he hasn't had a problem with reserving a tee time. As a single he arranges a day or two in advance. I have no problem going to the parks on my own or enjoying a leisurely breakfast and then the parks without him. It's fun for both of us.

monorail81

- Dinner at Victoria & Albert's for our 20th wedding anniversary this coming September (but it probably won't even reopen by then, and even if it does, it likely wouldn't be with sufficient notice for us to plan an impromptu weekend trip around it)
Congrats! Ours is in August this year. I’d like to take everyone to the Yachtsman to celebrate…but it’s much more cost prohibitive now than when we had our reception there.

IanDLBZF

What I'm voting for
  • Cross-Country Disney Parks Adventure (WDW and DLR in 1 week)
  • At least a full week at WDW
  • Shanghai Disney Resort (Once China Lifts EVERY SINGLE COVID RELATED TRAVEL RESTRICTION INCLUDING ENTRY BANS)
  • Club Level at One of The Deluxe Resorts
  • Being able to meet Panchito Pistoles &/or Jose Carioca on Halloween at WDW or during Viva Navidad at DLR
  • Halloween Party
  • Drink Around The World
  • Uni2SeaDom Challenge (USO, IOA, SWO, and MK in one day)
  • Deluxe Resorts
    • Boardwalk
    • Beach Club
    • Rivera
    • Saratoga Springs
What I've done:
  • New Year's Eve at WDW (Rang in 2020, 2021, and 2022, skipping this one out to ring in 2023 as I may do so from CityWalk and/or IOA instead)
  • Stayed at all three Monorail resorts (Poly - 2007, Contemporary - 2x in 2020, Grand Floridian - 2021 over 4th of July)
  • Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (2016, 2017, and 2019)
  • Stayed in a DVC Resort (2017 - Boulder Ridge, and again for NYE 2022 - OKW)
  • Birthday Dinner at Citrico's
  • Disneyland (once in 2014)

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

Other than the stuff that hasn't opened yet, I've basically seen and done everything I really care to.

But if I had to pick one thing, I'd like a chance for my Doom Buggy to stop above the ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion, just so I can take in all the detail. For some reason, I only seem to get stopped going down backwards into the graveyard.

ppete1975

I ran a 5k in the parks.. that was my big one. Now just going again is a bucket list item, being in oklahoma its a lot bigger ordeal than being local and with the costs I make sure to space it out so it doesnt seem as repetitive. Lets be honest If you go every 5 years then not much has changed.. let alone yearly, so spacing it out makes it feel new and exciting again. I would love to stay at the polynesian or contemp, but due to the outrageous rates i have no interest in paying for it, when its just a place to lay your head. I dont mind spending money if the experience is worth it.. but hotels have never been where i spend my money (safe, clean, and quiet are my rules). So Port orleans riverside is perfect for me and its wonderful. Someday i will go to disneyland, it was supposed to be 2021 but well... and now im planning a disney world trip again so the land is pushed back..
so long winded
  • 5k done
  • contemp or poly (prob never)
  • disneyland next 5 years

tpoly88

It could be big stuff, or little, but many of us have bucket lists of things we've always wanted to do at WDW (at least for as long as we've known about some of these things) but haven't.
What's on your lists?

Mine include staying for a full two weeks.
Riding the hot air balloon in Disney Springs
Staying at the Polynesian and/or Wilderness Lodge
Being the last one to leave Magic Kingdom
Eating in Space 220
Mine are experiences that i seem to never have the time to do:
The wilderness trek on the Segways
The Africa trek in AK
the hoop de do at FW
Stay in a tree house villa.

Having gone for 45 years i can say ive done so many things at WDW and my wants now are not grand.

Worldlover71

Other than the stuff that hasn't opened yet, I've basically seen and done everything I really care to.

But if I had to pick one thing, I'd like a chance for my Doom Buggy to stop above the ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion, just so I can take in all the detail. For some reason, I only seem to get stopped going down backwards into the graveyard.
I got to do this one a few years ago! It was only for 2-3 minutes but it was great! So much to see. In January, we got stuck in the room with glowing eyes. Not much to look at but we did get a good picture.

Attachments

• eyes.jpg
    eyes.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 57

Deb in NJ

Just one thing actually, I'd love to stay in a monorail hotel, just once. With limited stamina and arthritic disease, I need to use an ecv but on the bus, off the bus, evil stares from people, etc... it's exhausting. I've only ever been able to afford value resorts, so Contemporary would be amazing!

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
Currently some big ones are;
-Stay at every WDW owned resort at least once
-Wild Africa Trek
-Eat at California Grill
-Go to a Moonlight Magic Event
-Private fireworks cruise (wish we would've made this happen when Happily Ever After was still around 😭)
-Get a cabana/have a full pool day at Stormalong Bay

Sbk1234

Original Poster
Mine are experiences that i seem to never have the time to do:
The wilderness trek on the Segways
The Africa trek in AK
the hoop de do at FW
Stay in a tree house villa.

Having gone for 45 years i can say ive done so many things at WDW and my wants now are not grand.
I feel the same way. Everything is important to different people for different reasons, but it’s all important.
I know the original poster said in WDW, but the title says Disney Bucket List. I have only ever been to WDW, my bucket list would be to visit all the Disney Parks.
I definitely share this bucket list item. So far, I’ve only done the US Disney parks and Disneyland Paris (just their Magic Kingdom park, not their studios.)
As for talking about Disney parks outside of WDW, personally, I am always open to discussing all Disney parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom