Disney Birthday Pins

under_the_sea

Original Poster
over the summer, we went to disney world and it was my brother's birthday. he got a special birthday pin from the magic kingdom and wore it all day long and he got birthday wishes from everyone. the next day we went to animal kingdom and he wore it again. we were waiting on line for expedition everest and the wait was for over 2 hours. a cast member saw us and called us over. he asked how many people were in our party and we told him 7. he then gave us 7 fast passes to get on the ride. we were on the ride in less than 10 minutes. so, the birthday pin comes in handy!

jfries10

My birthday is about a week before my trip to WDW in April. Does anyone know if there is a time frame of sorts as to when you can get a BDay pin? Does it have to be on your birthday?

under_the_sea

Original Poster
there is no time frame that i know of, all you have to do is go to town hall in magic kingdom and you can get the pin there

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
While unfortunately some really abuse the privilege, I would say that getting pins a week or two removed from your birthday or anniversary would still qualify. Likewise, I think it's appropriate that if you are staying for a week, that that can be a "birthday week" in good concience.

This of course is my opinion, and WDW has never actually asked for my thoughts on the matter...:lookaroun :rolleyes:

luckey

We are taking our nearly 3 year old son to WDW this June. His birthday is mid June. Would he qualify for birthday treats if we got him a pin with his real birthday on (18th June)?

ErickainPA

I got my pin on the 8th at MK, wore it until the 11th, got a new pin at AK on my actual b-day, since the other one was worn looking because the writing was smeared

MissM

Keep in mind that there are no guarantees of freebies for birthday buttons. It's a very random thing. You might get a free dessert or a fastpass or you might get nothing but some birthday wishes. Don't go into it expecting anything. When you wear the button, you'll quickly notice how many other people are celebrating their birthday in the parks.

Because my birthday has fallen on a weekday the last few years, we go the weekend before or after as my birthday trip. I don't think there's a problem getting a button in those kind of cases, but if your birthday is in June and you go in September, that's really pushing it.
-m

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney has no official rules on the pins. You simply go to guest services and ask for one. They don't check ID they simply smile, say happy birthday and hand you a button and a sharpie to write your name on it with.

tinkerbell88

over the summer, we went to disney world and it was my brother's birthday. he got a special birthday pin from the magic kingdom and wore it all day long and he got birthday wishes from everyone. the next day we went to animal kingdom and he wore it again. we were waiting on line for expedition everest and the wait was for over 2 hours. a cast member saw us and called us over. he asked how many people were in our party and we told him 7. he then gave us 7 fast passes to get on the ride. we were on the ride in less than 10 minutes. so, the birthday pin comes in handy!
Really my birthday was last year in june and I bought a birthday pin and I didn't get a fass pass but I did get a lot of happy birthdays from people. I also got a birthday autograph from mickey mouse!

fossilizedtrees

Actually thay have more than just Happy Birthday pins. We were in town hall for something and my mom noticed someone getting a birthday pin. She was asking me about it and I explained the concept to her. Well she made some random comment about too bad we were only there for my graduation gift. The CM heard this and gave a Pin almost exactly like it that said Congradulations. So I guess if your there for some celebratory reason you can get one. And for some reason I think I also saw an Anniversary pin also.

santa's surpriz

It's seems late to be responding, but I do have a question regarding the topic. I read some where that you can get pins for your first visit as well. I am taking my 5 year old and it will be her first time and a Christmas surprise from Santa. Does any one know if they are still making the "First Visit" pins and are the pins only available at MK?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It's seems late to be responding, but I do have a question regarding the topic. I read some where that you can get pins for your first visit as well. I am taking my 5 year old and it will be her first time and a Christmas surprise from Santa. Does any one know if they are still making the "First Visit" pins and are the pins only available at MK?
They definitely have them, saw lots in June. I assume you can get the at any Guest Relations.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They are still available at guest relations at all 4 parks and DTD. I also know that you can get the birthday pins at your resort so I would assume the other pins are available there as well.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Really my birthday was last year in june and I bought a birthday pin and I didn't get a fass pass but I did get a lot of happy birthdays from people. I also got a birthday autograph from mickey mouse!

While there are pins for birthdays that can be bought, the ones we are talking about (actually buttons) are free, and available at Town Hall or Guest Services.

BeckyBella

DH and I were there last November while I was pregnant. I got a "1st visit" pin and wore in on my shirt over my belly. But I was in that stage of pregnancy where I just looked fat, not pregnant, so some of the effect was lost...

Bug715

The birthday pin is a great idea. I heard about them on here. When we went in June I got two. One for my friend who's birthday present was our princess character breakfast in EPCOT. Her birthday was 2 months before but I knew she couldn't afford the meal and I had no clue what to buy her. She wore it all day but sorta got annoyed at everyone saying happy birthday. My mom saw that and wanted to get one for her birthday later during the week. We all had a hard time convincing her not to get one since I'd already picked one up. She loved everyone saying happy birthday to her all day so much she's going to try to get her school to give the kids birthday buttons. I'll be in the college program soon and my boyfriend is coming down for his 21st birthday so I plan on getting him one.

H20Babie

Please don't blast me, but being a teacher, the only time I can afford to go is in April for spring break, and I will be asking for the pins to (pre)celebrate both my May birthday and June graduation. This is why I am going solo ... it is my present to myself for 5 years of hard work! (And, coming from my part of Canada, I can only afford a trip to WDW once a year). Even a little bit of pixie dust can go a long way!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom