Disney attraction voice actors

Brer Panther

Original Poster
I find it kind of funny that there hasn't already been a thread for voice actors who've provided voices for Disney rides. I figured it'd be fun to have a thread about it.

Let's start with the Pooh ride. I know Tigger is Paul Winchell, Pooh is Jim Cummings, Rabbit is Ken Sansom, Gopher is Michael Gough, and Andre Stojka is Owl.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
And I know Jess "Wakko Warner" Harnell is the voice of Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox on Splash Mountain. I think he voices a few other characters, too, but I'm not sure which ones in particular (the Disney Wiki says that he voices Mr. Bluebird, for what it's worth).

Goofyernmost

The original Winnie the Pooh was voiced by Sterling Holloway.
th

NMBC1993

And I know Jess "Wakko Warner" Harnell is the voice of Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox on Splash Mountain. I think he voices a few other characters, too, but I'm not sure which ones in particular (the Disney Wiki says that he voices Mr. Bluebird, for what it's worth).

I've never been able to OFFICIALLY confirm it but every time I hear "Pita Gabriel" sing during Food Rocks I swear I hear Jess's voice.

Edit: I almost forgot to include one of my favorite actors who lent their voice to a Disney attraction.

Nathan "Max Bialystock" Lane who voiced Disneyland's Tom Morrow.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Original Poster
I've never been able to OFFICIALLY confirm it but every time I hear "Pita Gabriel" sing during Food Rocks I swear I hear Jess's voice.

Sounds like him... Apparently Neil Sedaka, Little Richard, the Pointer Sisters, and Chubby Checker all voiced their parodies in the show. And of course, Tone Loc is the voice of Fud Wrapper.

And while we're on the subject of EPCOT's nutrition-themed shows, I've read online that Alan Reed, the voice of Fred Flinstone, and Frank Welker were the voices of Mr. Hamm and Mr. Eggz in Kitchen Kabaret. This website credits Frank Welker as providing the voice of Melvin in the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown and a soldier or two in the American Adventure.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Does anyone know who provides the voice of the Witch on The Great Movie Ride? Margaret Hamilton I don't think lived to see it open (unless they recorded the voices REALLY early). Maybe they just used recordings from the film?

NMBC1993

Does anyone know who provides the voice of the Witch on The Great Movie Ride? Margaret Hamilton I don't think lived to see it open (unless they recorded the voices REALLY early). Maybe they just used recordings from the film?

I always assumed they just took audio from the film and used that for the witch and munchkins? Could be wrong though....

Brer Panther

Original Poster
I always assumed they just took audio from the film and used that for the witch and munchkins? Could be wrong though....

They probably did.

Probably obvious to many posters, but Thurl Ravenscroft, of course.

Buff in Country Bear Jamboree.
The broken, bass-singing bust in the Haunted Mansion.
Brer Frog in Splash Mountain.
Fritz in the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Also, Jim Cummings (who does the voice of Pete, Tigger, and Ray the Firefly in P&tF), is the opening narrator for IllumiNations.

Technically, James Avery was the voice of Brer Frog... Thurl Ravenscroft voiced the other bullfrogs on the ride. James Avery was also Brer Bear, I believe.

SkipperButler

The late, great Paul Frees is your Host, your Ghost Host.

Haunted Mansion

Ghost Host ~ Paul Frees

Madame Leota - Eleanor Audley (The voice of Maleficent and Lady Tremaine)

Little Leota - Leota Toombs (The Imagineer who did the face of Madame Leota)

Load Hall Boarding Speil - Corey Burton

Prudence the Librarian in the Queue - Sheila Ward (Adventurers Club actress who still works at Walt Disney World)

Cmdr_Crimson

I find it kind of funny that there hasn't already been a thread for voice actors who've provided voices for Disney rides. I figured it'd be fun to have a thread about it.

Let's start with the Pooh ride. I know Tigger is Paul Winchell
Jim Cummings does his voice for the Saftey Spiel as well..

He's almost every voice in Splash Mountain from The Saftey Spiel to the Singing birds..
Although not confirmed He was also the Singing voice for John in CoP
He's Also the voice for Marlin in the Nemo ride at Epcot

And Now here's my two cents on facts of voice actors..
  • Dallas Mckennon your Prospector saftey spiel for Big Thunder is also the Voice of Ben Franklin in The American Adventure
  • Mel Blanc (Man of a Thousand voices) Does a voice of a Parrot and Uncle Orville in CoP
  • Corey Burton New voice of Capt Hook/Ludwig Von Drake/Sorcerer Yensid is the Opening Narrator in O'Canada, General Knowledge in the Former Cranium Command, The Narrator in Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw falls, News reel reporter in Timekeeper.
  • Clarence "Ducky" Nash Reused audio for Mickey's Philharmagic (same idea used again in the New Mickey short "Get a horse" With Archived Walt Disney Audio reused)
  • Bill Farmer Voice of Goofy was also Alec Tronic In Innoventions
  • Nathan Lane Voiced Tom Morrow in Disneyland's Innoventions

Matt_Black

Jim Cummings and Corey Burton, being two VERY prolific voice actors, are going to be heard all over the parks. Jim Cummings' work has been touched on already (though not everything has been mentioned yet), so I'll discuss Burton. He's featured on the trams, the monorail, he provided some new dialogue for PotC, he's the opening narrator in the "O, Canada!" film with Martin Short, and there's probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

Another veteran voice actor featured in the parks, Rob Paulsen provides the voice of Jose Carioca in the Three Amigos ride.

Jeff Bennett is another one who shows up frequently- he does the voice of Lumiere for Enchanted Tales with Belle.

And it's now closed, but James Arnold Taylor was the talking skull and Davey Jones in the Jack Sparrow attraction. He's also a frequent guest at Star Wars Weekends, thanks to his involvement with the Clone Wars animated series.

NMBC1993

Another veteran voice actor featured in the parks, Rob Paulsen provides the voice of Jose Carioca in the Three Amigos ride.

Don't forget Rob Paulsen also does the singing/announcements for the musical interlude/magical moment "Down by the Riverside" at the Riverside Mill QSR....took me two times to realize it but when I did, I dropped the spoon holding my ice cream and proclaimed "...That's Rob Paulsen, isn't it?"

Ah, this is why I love and respect voice actors. You never know when or where they're going to turn up:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom