Disney Announces New Nature Resort on Bay Lake

Missing20K

So after careful consideration I think they are going with an 'arts and crafts movement nougat' in a Frank Lloyd Wright candy-coated shell.

Could work.

:rolleyes:

I just.....

I can't even begin to.......

I quit.....

It's a Frank Lloyd Wright inspired, Arts and Crafts movement influenced, "Nature" hotel. So Organic. As if it arose as a complete work out of the muck. Such a wonderful example of the vernacular architecture of the Florida wetlands.

Yep.

Head of nail, meet hammer.

:banghead:

jt04

I just.....

I quit.....

It's a Frank Lloyd Wright inspired, Arts and Crafts movement influenced, "Nature" hotel. So Organic. As if it arose as a complete work out of the muck. Such a wonderful example of the vernacular architecture of the Florida wetlands.

Yep.

It isn't my concept but it is something they haven't done yet. Maybe it is more midcentury modern inspired exteriors. Expect a lot of cat tails and sabal palms. Just a guess. Not really sure from the artwork. Oh, and cypress knees.

lazyboy97o

I just.....

I quit.....

Yep.

Disney could clarify tomorrow that it is Dadaist Impressionist Naturalism with Organic Post-Lenin Constructivist sprinklings and he would say it’s brilliant and knew it all along.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Two permits for this project today. A while back there was a water management permit for an area near the STOL Port where earth would be staged. The World Driver permit probably relates to that one and the other might be for access roads to get to this area.

10/25/2018 - Fort Wilderness - Balfour Beatty Construction
198 Frontier Way - Clearing, grubbing, site work, storm pipe installation, paving for a new hauling and access road

10/25/2018 - Misc - Balfour Beatty Construction
3790 C2 N World Dr - Clearing, grubbing, site work, storm pipe installation, paving for site trailers

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

So since we already have two "nature resorts" - Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge" - the heck why we need a third?

Oy, how about a Castle-themed resort, like Legoland already has? Or anything related to fantasy?

This is a VERY good idea. Consider the Deluxe Hotel "hole" around the Magic Kindom......

1) Contemporary reflects Tomorrow land...
2) Poly reflects Adventure land....
3) WL reflects Frontier land....
4) GF reflects Main Street....

Where is the Deluxe, on Bay Lake, that reflects Fantasy Land?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Where is anyone getting Frank Lloyd Wright? LOL... This building looks nothing like his work... It is just the angle of the Porte Cochere... nothing else even resembles it...and quite franly neither does the Porte Cochere... It just has a little bit of a modernist style... but hardly evocative of FLW's work...
I think I had a glass of the Port Cochere at Martha's Vineyard during our last visit... it was tasty, but I wouldn't call it "modernist."

jt04

This is a VERY good idea. Consider the Deluxe Hotel "hole" around the Magic Kindom......

If they do this right it could be truly amazing. I'd say surpassing Poly, GF, AKL and WL is not out of the question.

Seabasealpha1

No wonder that “Exotic Asian Theme” didn’t happen...

raymusiccity

I am a DVC owner. I’m not denigrating DVC owners. I’m denigrating the foggy math used to justify the outrageous buy in that DVC is currently charging.
There's really no issue when it comes to a supply and demand product like DVC. There's a willing buyer and a willing seller. We own at BLT, and the Disney DVC presentation at SSR was the most low key time share sales pitch that we've ever attended. This was back in the 'Give a day, get a day' promotion that Disney was offering to guests performing charity work.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
There's really no issue when it comes to a supply and demand product like DVC. There's a willing buyer and a willing seller. We own at BLT, and the Disney DVC presentation at SSR was the most low key time share sales pitch that we've ever attended. This was back in the 'Give a day, get a day' promotion that Disney was offering to guests performing charity work.
I don’t get it? What are you saying?

ETA

I get what you’re saying. Just don’t get how it refers to what I posted.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Who indicated otherwise?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom