Disney Announcement to come soon

PeeplMoovr

Original Poster
Heard today from a pretty reliable source that Disney will soon announce more specific plans for their smaller themed "parks/attractions" in cities outside of their traditional theme park locales.

I don't have much specific info, but I was told that a speech would happen in the "near future" involving several specific venues and plans. Perhaps they're finally solidifying some of these plans we've heard about in the past.

If anyone else can give more detail, please feel free to add. :wave:

wedenterprises

It's Location Based Entertainment. I'm willing to bet we'll see something like a hotel with a crazy waterpark or a downtown disney with an attraction kind of thing.....sort of a "sample size" of a disney park experience.

Hawaii is my first wild guess, Brazil and China maybe next. who knows, can't wait to hear more!

Champion

The announcement has been planned and delayed quite a few times.

It will get announced eventually, and the first property is basically all planned out.

The first one was supposed to be announced this summer, they even at one point had tentatively picked a date. It got delayed from that, obviously.

Champion

It's Location Based Entertainment. I'm willing to bet we'll see something like a hotel with a crazy waterpark or a downtown disney with an attraction kind of thing.....sort of a "sample size" of a disney park experience.

Hawaii is my first wild guess, Brazil and China maybe next. who knows, can't wait to hear more!

You're thinking way too big. More like a hotel with a few extras. Think cities, not countries, although there will be some around the world when they are successful here.

raven

Hmm. DisneyQuest in Chicago?!!! Wait...that died years ago. :brick:

kag1984

Hmm very interesting. I just heard some murmers the other day from government employees in Taos, NM that Disney had just purchased a plot of land near the Angel Fire Ski Resort in northern NM. Don't have a clue if there is any truth behind it, or if some crazy came across their old plans for a ski lodge and thought it would work in NM... but just thought I would pass this grain of salt on.

bradg84

I know it'll probably never happen in a million years, but I'd love to see Disney do something in St. Louis.

I can dream, can't I? :animwink:

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
Heard today from a pretty reliable source that Disney will soon announce more specific plans for their smaller themed "parks/attractions" in cities outside of their traditional theme park locales.

I don't have much specific info, but I was told that a speech would happen in the "near future" involving several specific venues and plans. Perhaps they're finally solidifying some of these plans we've heard about in the past.

If anyone else can give more detail, please feel free to add. :wave:

So......somebody sometime will make an announcement about something...............WOW :lookaroun

PeeplMoovr

Original Poster

Yes, sorry. I forgot the name.
I think these announcements are part of the "Urban entertainment" planning as they call it or something like that, but I forget the specific tag given to it.

majortom1981

hmm

Yeah > I also tried looking all over for anything about disney and manhattan and found nothing. Only somebody stating that the land that the bar that he works at was bought by disney and that they had to move out.

I havent been able to find anything else about it.

NYC would make sense since they have their broadway shows andthe world of disney store. they would be able to setup hotel + broadway show packages and everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom