DISNEY and your DNA

Hot Lava

I was told by a leader during my CP that those scanners are actually measuring bone density rather than fingerprints.
I am not confirming this is true; only relaying what I was told.

Really? B/c I have not had my bone density checked in awhile. Can they give me the results while I do this? It would be awesome to knock this out while on vacation.
:)

Soarin2u

Sorry, I kinda skimmed these so if anyone has posted it already I'm sorry.

They take the fingerprints to Identify that your ticket is yours and not anyone else's. say you dropped your card at a place outside Disney. If someone else found it they can't get into the parks for free because their finger doesn't match your's For single day tickets... I am not sure why they require the fingers in that instance but its probably just easier that way. The fingerprint also identifies you, so if you do something happens within the park, they have all your information from that recent fingerprint scan

And I saw this already response but it's not keeping me from saying it too, DNA is not on or in your fingerprint. Yes, Your own unique fingerprint is caused by variations in DNA molecules but nothing else. They cannot use your fingerprint to take a DNA sample. They would have to take a physical piece off your body (Hair,skin, or even saliva) to do that because DNA is a VERY tiny 3D object.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Some friends of ours who tend to lean toward conspiracy theories went down a few years back...and they did not take kindly to the finger scanners...If I remember correctly they refused to do it.

We were over for dinner the night they told us about it and didn't want to get into a whole tirade so I just asked how their trip went and enjoyed our meal.
Now I'm super curious how they got around it. I will have to broach the subject with them now.

lego606

MagicBandit
Sorry, I kinda skimmed these so if anyone has posted it already I'm sorry.

They take the fingerprints to Identify that your ticket is yours and not anyone else's. say you dropped your card at a place outside Disney. If someone else found it they can't get into the parks for free because their finger doesn't match your's For single day tickets... I am not sure why they require the fingers in that instance but its probably just easier that way. The fingerprint also identifies you, so if you do something happens within the park, they have all your information from that recent fingerprint scan

And I saw this already response but it's not keeping me from saying it too, DNA is not on or in your fingerprint. Yes, Your own unique fingerprint is caused by variations in DNA molecules but nothing else. They cannot use your fingerprint to take a DNA sample. They would have to take a physical piece off your body (Hair,skin, or even saliva) to do that because DNA is a VERY tiny 3D object.

They don't collect the full fingerprint, just a portion.

meyeet

I'm not so sure the fingerprint scanners work either. In 2009 my wife and I used my in-laws no-expiration tickets twice, scanning our fingers both times without being rejected. Then my in-laws used them last September themselves without the system rejecting them. Now maybe the system had assumed that they were no longer active tickets and cleared out the fingerprints from the database between visits but I doubt that.

sublimesting

For one they are not full fingerprint scanners. If anything they take a "rough estimate". If they were truly fingerprint scanners we'd be standing there all day in lines while the machine is unable to read due to smudges, skin variances, wetness, dryness, scrapes and cuts, boogers etc.

Wait a second.....i don't think I want to use those anymore.........

luv

Some friends of ours who tend to lean toward conspiracy theories went down a few years back...and they did not take kindly to the finger scanners...If I remember correctly they refused to do it.

We were over for dinner the night they told us about it and didn't want to get into a whole tirade so I just asked how their trip went and enjoyed our meal.
Now I'm super curious how they got around it. I will have to broach the subject with them now.
The fingerprint isn't required. You can show ID instead. :)

I use the fingerprint thing, but I understand why some prefer not to do it and I don't think they're crazy or anything.

Kelton444

With the amount of money Disney has it could very well be "scraping cells off of your finger" or pricking you for blood with technology we can't even fathom yet and for reasons completely unknown to us. Just sayin

G00fyDad

With the amount of money Disney has it could very well be "scraping cells off of your finger" or pricking you for blood with technology we can't even fathom yet and for reasons completely unknown to us. Just sayin

This thread died 6 years ago. Mainly because the paranoia was too much for some. Disney is not scraping you for DNA. ;)

Hank Hill

This thread died 6 years ago. Mainly because the paranoia was too much for some. Disney is not scraping you for DNA. ;)
This might be where the inspiration for the movie "Us" came from. Maybe they are making clones of guests and feeding them rabbits in the utilidors under MK.

Rosanne

This might be where the inspiration for the movie "Us" came from. Maybe they are making clones of guests and feeding them rabbits in the utilidors under MK.
A whole new subterranean world under the castle. OMG...what a story that would be. They could turn it into a whole new ride with even longer lines.

Doug Means

The finger print thing is the thing that creeps him out and makes him think conspiracy? there are SOOOOOO many other things that i think could be used more than that or that with that add up to something but that one thing? kind of funny to me. if he's really worried he could youtube theories out there and really get his mind messed up. LOL i have my own conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom