Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”

Jedijax719

Well that's the problem. Disney's not going to foot the bill for something completely original and use the technology they used with TLK. Their track record with original live actions is pretty poor. Actually it's very poor, outside POTC. Almost everything made for movies is based on some sort of source material. Even those not directly based on it takes ideas from source material (Star Wars and Avatar are great examples). So nothing will ever be completely new. But at least movies based on untested source material have all bombed.

Stupid is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Unfortunately, that is where Disney (and most other studios) are in terms of brand new live action movies.

Darkprime

Just saw it. I feel like this is gonna be Disney's man of steel in the sense that critics are mixed on it but most fans will like it. CGI was very impressive. Takes a little while to get used to the talking animals. I'm annoyed that our projector wasn't set to the correct ratio for some reason. But good excuse to go see it again. Was the first live action remake id seen from Disney. I enjoyed it.

Mufasa's death in live action is still incredibly emotional and Beyonce and Donald Glover's song was great

Tony Perkis

Just saw it. I feel like this is gonna be Disney's man of steel in the sense that critics are mixed on it but most fans will like it. CGI was very impressive. Takes a little while to get used to the talking animals. I'm annoyed that our projector wasn't set to the correct ratio for some reason. But good excuse to go see it again. Was the first live action remake id seen from Disney. I enjoyed it.

Mufasa's death in live action is still incredibly emotional and Beyonce and Donald Glover's song was great
Fans liked Man of Steel?

jt04

Pre-sales have moved past Captain America. Still short of EG. We'll see tomorrow how close it gets or even surpasses.

Another Disney juggernaut in 2019 to add to the list.

jt04

Looks like a repeat of the general audience vs verified critics the we saw with Aladdin. The public seems to be grading TLK similar to TS4 and Aladdin. Should result in strong word of mouth.

What a great year! 🐆🐯🐘🐗

Tony Perkis

Yea, I'd say like is a good word. Not many loved it but liked is about right.
Maybe it was just my inner circle or I was on message boards with a very different audience, but they complained about that film nonstop. Namely, the character inconsistencies of the title character.

Me personally, I thought it was a mediocre film that wasted a great potential lead. And Zack Snyder was the wrong director for that film.

HoldenC

Just saw the film. I have to say I was not impressed with this adaption. The acting was just okay and the new score does not even come close to the inspirational original 25 years ago. CGI was nice but otherwise, this is solid 2 stars.

seascape

Just saw the film. I have to say I was not impressed with this adaption. The acting was just okay and the new score does not even come close to the inspirational original 25 years ago. CGI was nice but otherwise, this is solid 2 stars.
Think of the future. This movie only had one screen that was filmed, the rest of it was CGI. Think of the ability to make a movie solely on computers, no locations, no actors and only needing a writer, director and editor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom