Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”

RandySavage

The music/score...still brilliant.
The re-orchestration on the trailer is very good. It incorporated a melody written for the Broadway show at 0:34, begging the question: will any of the songs/scenes created for the stage version be included?

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I love Jeremy Irons greatly, however I appreciate the casting of a black actor for this new film. I enjoy Chiwetel’s voice for the character. The casting as a whole has come a long way since 1994.

The remakes aren’t going to stop, unfortunately. Disney can’t make a good original live-action to save their lives and they know this. The remakes are guaranteed to make money.

It’s sad, but it is what it is at this point.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Meh!!! Enough with these remakes!
Meh to the meh on the MEHS! To all of this. When will Disney find itself out of this sickening remake trend?

So, you've announced on two separate threads that you're sitting out on those two movies. Fine.

But doing twice in a row for the same movie is annoying. We get it. You're sitting it out. Thanks for info. Don't barrage us with it.

Mike S

I like the new Scar overall but the way he says “run away, and never return” is leagues behind Irons. It’s like he’s trying too hard whereas Irons seemed to just casually nail the menace of the line. Remember, Scar isn’t trying to let on that he’s the actual bad guy here when speaking to Simba.

champdisney

I’m watching this regardless. The trailer captures what we know about the original brilliantly. I’ve always found the casting choices questionable. Scar sounded soft in this trailer. I worry over Beyonce the most, regardless, I’m seeing this movie opening weekend. The Lion King is my all time favorite.

Californian Elitist

I’m watching this regardless. The trailer captures what we know about the original brilliantly. I’ve always found the casting choices questionable. Scar sounded soft in this trailer. I worry over Beyonce the most, regardless, I’m seeing this movie opening weekend. The Lion King is my all time favorite.

A lot of people who are making negative comments will still watch the movie lol.

As long as Beyoncé kept her naturally deep voice, I think I’ll Be satisfied. We’ll see.

The only thing I’m not concerned about is music.

LSLS

A lot of people who are making negative comments will still watch the movie lol.

As long as Beyoncé kept her naturally deep voice, I think I’ll Be satisfied. We’ll see.

The only thing I’m not concerned about is music.

Honestly I doubt I will (maybe on the cruise for free). Like I said before, never really big into the first one, and this just did nothing for me.

Californian Elitist

Honestly I doubt I will (maybe on the cruise for free). Like I said before, never really big into the first one, and this just did nothing for me.

I didn’t say/mean watch it in theaters, I said watch it, as in watch it in general. Many naysayers will make it a point to give their personal time to watch the movie, whether they pay for it in theaters or watch it for free on a plane or at home. Or a cruise, like you said.

LSLS

I didn’t say/mean watch it in theaters, I said watch it, as in watch it in general. Many naysayers will make it a point to give their personal time to watch the movie, whether they pay for it in theaters or watch it for free on a plane or at home. Or a cruise, like you said.

They might. I honestly doubt I will. Much harder for me to get dragged into a movie i have no desire to see (hi beauty and the beast live action) since someone needs to watch the infant now. Again, just me. You are probably right most will, but I'm just not interested based on that trailer.

Princess Leia

I love the original film, and the Broadway show too.

This... this is something that just isn’t reach out to me as a ‘Must see!!’ I know a lot of people are excited for it, but like others have mentioned, turning it into a photorealistic animated film appears to have denied the characters to show a wide range of emotions.

Magenta Panther

Well, that Pumbaa poster is terrifying.

Yeah, the character designers could have tweaked Pumbaa a little, made him a little cuter, and still have him look like a warthog. I also found Simba the cub less than cute for some reason.

And AGAIN, why couldn't Scar have a black mane like in the animated version? There ARE black-maned lions in reality. This version of Scar makes him look like he has the mange. Animated Scar looked sleek and menacing. This Scar looks underfed and elderly. And pitiful. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom