News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

EarthboundChild

There is always a possibility that Deadpool can see the Big Hero 6 treatment and be a Marvel property in its own contained universe. That may be for the best as running it through the Disney/MCU filter could lead to backlash and subsequent box office failure.

Of course there's the conundrum of how to handle X-Men characters, especially since we know for sure Marvel would want to incorporate those into the MCU.

SlyCoug

I won't link because it's in Spanish, but it's being reported that the Mexican authority, IFT, will be discussing the merger this Wednesday as well. I hope there a chance they will issue an opinion on Wednesday just as Brazil is.

CaptainAmerica

There is always a possibility that Deadpool can see the Big Hero 6 treatment and be a Marvel property in its own contained universe. That may be for the best as running it through the Disney/MCU filter could lead to backlash and subsequent box office failure.
Almost certainly.

Of course there's the conundrum of how to handle X-Men characters, especially since we know for sure Marvel would want to incorporate those into the MCU.
Existing X-Men are toast. They'll be integrated with new actors and clean backstories.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FFH comes out July 5th. After that it'll be a dry spell until Black Widow in May.

True, but I was thinking more in line as a Disney/Marvel only film and not one in conjunction with Sony. Other than having Nick Fury, it will seem like it's outside the MCU like the old Spider-Man movies.

Hey... Nick is featured in Captain Marvel, S-M:FFH, and almost certainly will appear in a Black Widow movie. Nick's getting a lot of play...

Darkprime

Thats what I mean. Have a Disney+ Marvel show in November to fill in that 4th quarter gap.

side note .I think the x-men are probably going to make their debut on Disney+ while Fantastic Four finally gets a good movie. Im interested to see how they handle the transition from Disney+ to the big screen with say wolverine. Will Wolverine just show up in a MCU movie and theyll ignore the Disney+ series? I mean they must know not everyone will see the Disney+ series.

Darkprime

GOTG was suppose to be in the mix, but then the whole drama with James Gunn happened. Is it still marked for 2020?

Na production got moved to early 2021. So they still very much intend to make it they just pushed it back. Im hoping they delayed it so far out that they want to let things calm down and maybe get James Gunn back. But more likely its to find a new director and give them time to rework the script if they wish.

brodie999

Na production got moved to early 2021. So they still very much intend to make it they just pushed it back. Im hoping they delayed it so far out that they want to let things calm down and maybe get James Gunn back. But more likely its to find a new director and give them time to rework the script if they wish.
Agreed. I think it might be Vision and the Scarlet Witch secretly already all filmed up. Anyone got any updates on the meeting with CADE in 2 days?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If Mexico continues to be a hold-out, Disney should threaten to withhold their number one and two box office movies of all time: Coco and Avengers.

capsshield

My real hope is that they do the Fantastic Four as a Disney + series about 5 to eight 1 hour episodes long. Here is how I would do it.

At the end of Avengers endgame you see a rift in space open with a flash and the words to be continued, a Fantastic Journey is about to begin.
The series then moves to Disney plus. The show opens featuring that same rift in space, but this time shows a ship coming through. Its chased by another ship which they destroy. However their ship is badly damaged and breaks apart entering the Earths atmosphere. The crew survive by getting aboard escape pods which crash in different places on Earth. They all gain their powers from the cosmic Negative zone radiation of the weapon that fires on their vessel.
Sue Storms pod lands in Atlantis and she is rescued by Namor the Submariner.
Ben Grimm the thing lands on Monster Island and meets the Mole Man.
Johnny Storm lands in Attillan and is rescued by Crystal.
Reed Richards crashes in Latveria. The damage his pod causes creates the accident which scars Victor von Doom.
Over the first 4-5 episodes they finally come together to discover their powers and form the Fantastic Four. They also discover that Sue Storm is Pregnant with Reeds child, and that Sue has started to develop feelings for Namor.

brodie999

Namor is sadly part of Universal. Nevermind I thought Universal still has the rights even with the Hulk.
Yeah, but inevitably, Marvel will eventually get the rights to all their characters back by paying Universal a pay fee for the distribution rights to the Hulk and production rights to Namor so we can finally get a Incredible Hulk 2 with Mark Ruffalo. Guy should've been cast as Bruce Banner/Hulk from the beginning back in 2008's the Incredible Hulk. Same with Don Cheadle as James Rhodes in Iron Man(2008). I think Ed Norton and Terrence Howard should've been cast in different roles as Igor Drenkov and Moses Magnum in those films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom