News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

Indy_UK

I wish they would hurry up. I know Uncle bob will spill all the beans on what’s happening with Fox in the next earnings call but it would be nice for some official news.

I definitely think Star Wars movies will go to every 2 years and Avatar 2 will take the Christmas 2020 slot.

I think there will be a home alone reboot somewhere too

seascape

After Disney completed the Fox purchase they will be partners with Sony in Star India. This is interesting because Sony is reportedly after Zee Entertainment Enterprise of India. So would India allow Sony to own that and be partners with Disney? If a buy out is needed could it include other assets or would it allow Disney to buy them out at a good price? Comcast is also interested in Zee either individually or as a Sony partner.

brodie999

After Disney completed the Fox purchase they will be partners with Sony in Star India. This is interesting because Sony is reportedly after Zee Entertainment Enterprise of India. So would India allow Sony to own that and be partners with Disney? If a buy out is needed could it include other assets or would it allow Disney to buy them out at a good price? Comcast is also interested in Zee either individually or as a Sony partner.
Agreed. Disney is already partners with Sony on the Spider-Man deal. It'd be interesting to see if their next acquisition will be Sony Pictures. Especially since the former haven't been doing well in recent years and Marvel would want complete ownership of Spider-Man. It'd be interesting to see Ghostbusters, Resident Evil, Underworld, Stuart Little,
Hotel Transylvania, Bad Boys, Men in Black and Robert Langdon under the Disney banner.

Agreed. Disney is already partners with Sony on the Spider-Man deal. It'd be interesting to see if their next acquisition will be Sony Pictures. Especially since the former haven't been doing well in recent years and Marvel would want complete ownership of Spider-Man. It'd be interesting to see Ghostbusters, Resident Evil, Underworld, Stuart Little,
Hotel Transylvania, Bad Boys, Men in Black and Robert Langdon under the Disney banner.
I think after spending a huge amount of money on buying Fox, and already subject to enough anti-trust scrutiny that Disney will prob not try to buy Sony.

brodie999

The chances of Disney buying Sony Pictures are slim to none. To them, it would make no financial, legal or strategical sense. Besides Sony has been clear that their entertainment business isn't for sale.
Actually, Sony Pictures CEO Tony Vinciquerra said if Sony doesn't grow, then they'll be bought out. Disney would likely be the most favourite since they'll be partners on Star India and they're already collaborating to bring Spider-Man into the MCU. So they might have to sell after all.

Slpy3270

That's not even close to true.

Globo has the rights to Serie A soccer, and that's THE sport in Brazil.

Yeah but under the merger Globo and ESPN could be the *only* sports broadcasters in Brazil, and there's already no room for other sports broadcasters in the marker to grow, hence why I brought the monopoly thing up.

Darkprime

CTFN are saying Disney are still fine tuning their behavioral remedy package it will get approved theyre just working out the kinks I guess it just wont be approved on the 30th. Probably early Feb.

brodie999

CTFN are saying Disney are still fine tuning their behavioral remedy package it will get approved theyre just working out the kinks I guess it just wont be approved on the 30th. Probably early Feb.
Do you have proof? Could you show us the link to the article? If so, I'm glad Disney will have all the approvals they need to complete their deal, except Mexico.

Darkprime

Do you have proof? Could you show us the link to the article? If so, I'm glad Disney will have all the approvals they need to complete their deal, except Mexico.

I posted it on the previous page. But you need a subscription to read the article. But the headline is that they are fine tuning their behavioral remedy package.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom