Disney Alone

hiddenmickey06

Original Poster
I would also recommend the Behind the Seeds Tour at EP, or, if you want a truly marathon day, try the Behind the Magic Tour of EP, DHS and MK. You get to see a great deal of the backstage areas of WDW, from costuming at EP to the utilidors under MK. A great time, and aside from the initial introductions, I didn't feel uncomfortable flying solo in the least....

And I always enjoyed dining at the San Angel Inn when flying solo. The ambiance is great, and I never had any issues getting a table (at least at lunch). :)

Thanks for your suggestions! That would be pretty cool to see the utilidors, I guess you can't take pictures on some of the tours though.:(

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Thanks for your suggestions! That would be pretty cool to see the utilidors, I guess you can't take pictures on some of the tours though.:(

I tried with my IPhone, but they came out somewhat blurry. There's a lot of traffic down there though....:)

hiddenmickey06

Original Poster
Not that I've been on the board here for a while or claim to know more than anyone else, but I do sort of consider myself an expert on this subject. I actually go to Disney all the time by myself, I've probably been around 15-18 times so far this year. Orlando is part of my territory for work and when I travel down there I always visit Disney. I picked up an annual pass in March and I always go after I'm done working in the early evening or I'll fly down early and spend the weekend visiting all of the parks. In fact I'll be there a week from today :).

I really haven't spent any time going to any of the sit down restaurants, which I should probably do sometime, so I can't offer any advice there. Most of the time I just try to ride as many rides as possible and just walk around taking everything in.

To echo some of what the other posters of written, it is a great experience and you should definitely do it. If I were you I would definitely just do a long weekend versus a whole week. Maybe I'm a little biased because I'm still single and don't have a family, but I do get a little lonely some times because it's probably 99.9% families or couples. Certainly if you're OK spending a week on your own go for it. But if you're planning on going in November, stay AWAY around Thanksgiving, the parks usually aren't that busy and you should be able to hit all the rides and do everything you want to do in a couple of days.

If you want any other feedback send me a private message and I would be happy to help out. And maybe I might see you in November!

Thanks for your feedback. I wish I had the job you do, lol. Anyway, I am planning on probably the second week of November, hopefully the parks aren't overflowing then. That would be cool if I saw you then. It would be fun to meet people from on this site at Disneyworld.

Mr_Tom_Morrow

Thanks for your feedback. I wish I had the job you do, lol. Anyway, I am planning on probably the second week of November, hopefully the parks aren't overflowing then. That would be cool if I saw you then. It would be fun to meet people from on this site at Disneyworld.

If you give me an actual date timeframe, I might be able to make it over

tonganprince

I would love to explore the world solo, but I doubt the wife and kids would allow me to do so.

What I need is a job that allows me to travel to Orlando for business.

I also feel funny dining alone and I've probably only done it once in my life and I am 37. I'd rather eat in my car.

Good luck if you go!

hiddenmickey06

Original Poster
If you give me an actual date timeframe, I might be able to make it over

I was looking at the calendar in my passporter, and was thinking of Nov. 6-12, 2011. Arriving on the 6th and leaving on the 12th. That would give me 5 full days for the parks and two - 1/2 days for something else. Still undecided though, things can change.

hiddenmickey06

Original Poster
I would love to explore the world solo, but I doubt the wife and kids would allow me to do so.

I also feel funny dining alone and I've probably only done it once in my life and I am 37. I'd rather eat in my car.

Good luck if you go!

That is what I need, lol:lol: Thanks!

Disney Dawg88

Good luck if you go!

I've been very lucky to now have the chance to travel to Orlando for business. It's great in the fact that I work during the day and then I'll get back to the hotel to change and then head out to the parks until they close . . . makes for a long day sometimes especially when EMH are involved.

It's sort of weird though just staying around The World and working. I really have learned a lot about the area and it's just absolutely amazing everything about the place.

Hidden Mickey - I'll probably be down there for work again around that time, probably more towards the second week in November though. I definitely agree it would be cool to meet up with others on the board.

LoriMistress

I've always wanted to visit DLR/DCA and WDW by myself. I think it would be relaxing because I can go at my own pace, not having to wait, and do whatever I please. Though, it may be a bit lonely, but I can image myself meeting new people, talking, etc. DH and I always end up talking with people in line, and some-what hang out a bit or run into each other.

Figments Friend

I have always visited WDW solo until recently, as now my enthusiasim for the place has attrached friends to 'come along' and experience it with me. That is of course cool, but I still savor those solo ventures however...and do still try to take them when i can. For years i went alone before i met people interested in the Parks as much as me.

I love visiting alone. See, the thing is...once you arrive at WDW you are no longer 'alone'! With over 56,000 Cast Members, and upwards of that same amount of Guests staying On Property, you are DEFINATELY not alone! Ha ha! Just remember this! :lol:

I highly recommend taking a trip to WDW alone for anyone. It is true- you will actually SEE and EXPERIENCE MORE alone then you would as a group. Someone earlier said it beautifully - WDW was made to be a environment that surrounds your senses, but sometimes that is lost when you are 'distracted' by friends or family in tow. Trust me, you will thorughly enjoy experiencing WDW on your own!

I am pretty much a loner , so i never had any awkward feelings regarding eating at table service places alone. I enjoyed it, as there is no better place on Earth for 'people watching' and simple observation of your surroundings then WDW. How often does anyone REALLY take the time to 'take in' their enviroment really? Think about it..most people have their nose buried in a cell phone or newspaper. At WDW, LOOK AROUND....and leave the phone in your bag/pocket. Just observing your surroundings while at WDW is a BIG PLUS and adds emmense satisfaction and amusement to your time there.... to me at least...i am sure others here will agree...! There is SO MUCH there just waiting to be visually discoverd..and it can be if one takes the time to look around and be aware of what is around them. So much of what WDW is about is often missed by people because they are not able to pay as close attention to the details. You CAN when you are a solo visitor...and it definately adds a entire added dimention to the WDW experience.

Another nice thing about being 'alone' at WDW - Seating is often easier to come by ( both for rides and table meals) as well as locations for viewing a parade of fireworks presentation.

You will also find that opportunities to meet others will come more freely if you are by yourself. People from around the world come to WDW to experience the place, and there you are....right there with them! Don't be shy...strike up a conversation. You will be utterly AMAZED at who you will meet!

I hope you have a wonderful time!

ENJOY THE MOMENT!

:wave:

ErickainPA

I had just borrowed from the library a book called The Magic of Disney. I plan on checking out the things they mention. When you are in a group it's hard to be able to explore the extra special touches of Disney. I want to walk down Main Street on Friday and notice how the lamps change from gas to electric, go on the side street near the cinema and hear the singing and dancing lessons.

Bravo 229

Has anyone ever gone to Disney by themselves? No family or friends, just you by yourself. What is it like? I was thinking of taking either a weekend trip, or a full week around November 2011 by myself, but I'm still a little bit unsure about it. So if anyone could help me out with suggestions or tips on dining, traveling, or just plain out what to do, please post it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ~Todd

I've gone solo three times, including today. I always take my iPhone/iPod to listen to while walking around the park. Obviously you'll want to use the Single Rider queues where available. I've only eaten at counter service tables by myself because I wasn't too picky on what I was eating (I'm sure there are reservations for one, I just never asked). And have fun!

dreamfinder

I have done several solo days in the middle of our regular trips. I like it. It gives me time to do what I want when I want. Some days I have just taken a few hundred photos, other days I have hopped at 4 parks hitting the E ticket at each, and some days I just stalk characters all day. Whatever floats my boat.

I haven't done TS solo at the world, but normally just bring a book or some magazines with you. Helps to catch up on the back log of reading. Waitstaff is usually courteous & attentive, I seem to think more so than if I was with a group.

sublimesting

I think I would be kind of bored not talking to anyone all day. I love going with my wife. We have a splendid time together, never argue and see everything we want. Personally I se absolutely no benefit from going alone. That being said a lot of peope seem to like it AND I only have my wife so that's a lot easier for us. If you went with kids and a large group most of the time going alone couldbe refreshing.

ErickainPA

I think I would be kind of bored not talking to anyone all day. I love going with my wife. We have a splendid time together, never argue and see everything we want. Personally I se absolutely no benefit from going alone. That being said a lot of peope seem to like it AND I only have my wife so that's a lot easier for us. If you went with kids and a large group most of the time going alone couldbe refreshing.

You don't get bored and do talk to people all day when you go alone. I have a great time when I go alone, you can always find someone to talk to. While going alone is not for everyone, it is something new and something I think everyone should try at least 1 time. Even if it's just a few hours.

MickeyMind

I was working next to disney one day last year too and it was the first time I had a seasonal pass, so I decided to head over to the world by myself.. needless to say it felt kind of strange to be there alone but yet at the same time it felt a bit liberating. Like others have said, you get to do what you want when you want, and you get to soak in the experience at a calmer pace, but the fact that your not there with anyone else is a bit of a downer. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, and I most definitely will do it again but it's so much more fun to have people with you there to laugh and enjoy with.

fosse76

Has anyone ever gone to Disney by themselves? No family or friends, just you by yourself. What is it like? I was thinking of taking either a weekend trip, or a full week around November 2011 by myself, but I'm still a little bit unsure about it. So if anyone could help me out with suggestions or tips on dining, traveling, or just plain out what to do, please post it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ~Todd

I can't imagine NOT going alone! You'll find it takes less time to get through the parks when you are by yourself. You don't spend as much time eating, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom