News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

geekza

Patience. Let's watch what happens when this record-long bull market ends. Does anyone remember 2009? There were plenty of promos/special deals WDW used to coax people back to their hotels and parks. When the next crash hits, all the hard tic events will be luxuries most families can't afford. Many more will cancel the whole trip.
Booking has been lower than for this fall and winter, but I don't know how much of that is due to the cost and how much is due to people waiting until GE opens. It will eventually hit a wall, though. They've already raised the cost of a Disney Cruise 50% since 2014. With all this construction going on, if the market crashes, we may end up with another situation like when the entire wing of Pop Century sat unfinished for years.

Flynnwriter

Disney just announced new regular operating hours for the Magic Kingdom - 10am - Noon.

Guests will then have the special opportunity to purchase premium party tickets for $150 each to “Mickey’s Magic Mornin” from 8-10am everyday, “The Disney Afternoon” from Noon-3pm everyday, “Princess Tea Time” from 4-6 pm everyday, “Light up the Park” from 6-9, “Extra Extra Hours After Dark!” 9-11, “Extra Extra Extra Hours After Dark” 11-1. Wow! What will they think of next?!

Last edited:

note2001

Disney just announced new regular operating hours for the Magic Kingdom - 10am - Noon.

Guest will then have the special opportunity to purchase premium party tickets for $150 each to “Mickey’s Magic Mornin” from 8-10am every day, “The Disney Afternoon” from Noon-3pm everybody day, “Princess Tea Time” from 4-6 pm every day, “Light up the Park” from 6-9, “Extra Extra Hours After Dark!” 9-11, “Extra Extra Extra Hours After Dark” 11-1. Wow! What will they think of next?!
I heard this too. You forgot to add in Bert's Magical Sweep Party that goes from 1am to 4am: all guests receive a complimentary broom, extra large industrial strength Glad trash bags and a toilet cleaning kit for only $90. No rides, but all the magical experiences you could ever ask for.

geekza

I heard this too. You forgot to add in Bert's Magical Sweep Party that goes from 1am to 4am: all guests receive a complimentary broom, extra large industrial strength Glad trash bags and a toilet cleaning kit for only $90. No rides, but all the magical experiences you could ever ask for.
Step in Time will be played over every loudspeaker in the park while guests are encouraged to "clean to the beat!" One lucky guest who picks up the most "discarded dreams" during the event will win an exclusive, limited-edition "Super Sweeper" pin!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Guest will then have the special opportunity to purchase premium party tickets for $150 each to “Mickey’s Magic Mornin” from 8-10am every day, “The Disney Afternoon” from Noon-3pm everybody day, “Princess Tea Time” from 4-6 pm every day, “Light up the Park” from 6-9, “Extra Extra Hours After Dark!” 9-11, “Extra Extra Extra Hours After Dark” 11-1. Wow! What will they think of next?!

This is the funniest, yet most scary, thing I've read in a while. Well done. :cool:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
December 3 and 10 don't make any sense. I don't understand why anyone would pay $125 for after hours with fewer hours and less entertainment verses a MVMCP admission at $99 (shifted by one night) MVMCP dates in early December are 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13 & 16, all priced out as $99 before any discounts.
Because for just a few dollars more, you don't have to put up with long lines of people trying to get pictures of characters in Christmas costumes.

SSH

Step in Time will be played over every loudspeaker in the park while guests are encouraged to "clean to the beat!" One lucky guest who picks up the most "discarded dreams" during the event will win an exclusive, limited-edition "Super Sweeper" pin!

A pin - are you insane? That costs $. Nah...they get one FP (not good on any tier 1 attractions, of course.):D

DisneyDebRob

Is this insanely priced or is it me? Don’t want to sound like the old guy yelling from his door to get off my lawn but do people think this is worth it with that price point? Wow.

Touchdown

It’s insanely priced, back when E-Ride Nights were around and it was general admission + $30 it was a good deal. I think if it was about 1/2 the price of a day ticket, or included either an actual meal, or something else (How about resurrecting the Princess and Pirates Fireworks, or even Wishes) I would be sold.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s insanely priced, back when E-Ride Nights were around and it was general admission + $30 it was a good deal. I think if it was about 1/2 the price of a day ticket, or included either an actual meal, or something else (How about resurrecting the Princess and Pirates Fireworks, or even Wishes) I would be sold.

E-Ride Nights were great, back in the day. I've espoused my enjoyment of them and reasons why previously, but nothing offered these days has been able to hold a candle to them, IMHO.

(Waiting for someone to tell me how much value there is in the current offerings in 3.... 2.... 1.....)

sgtbtlbailey

One of the greatest things I remember about E-ride nights was that you could only purchase them IN the park the day of, so you really only had to pay the extra $30 on top of the admission you'd already paid for to add an extra 3 hours to your day. Now you're basically paying the full day's admission PLUS the extra $30 and you only get access for 3 hours. Who in their right mind would pay that? That's REALLY expensive ice cream.......

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
December 3 and 10 don't make any sense. I don't understand why anyone would pay $125 for after hours with fewer hours and less entertainment verses a MVMCP admission at $99 (shifted by one night) MVMCP dates in early December are 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13 & 16, all priced out as $99 before any discounts.

For the rides. The ability to do SM and 7D and PPF over and over without crowds.

Sure, you can buy a Holiday Night and then try those rides during the parades and fireworks, but it won't give you that 'dead' felling an After Hours night does.

Also, because of the Party Nights, the regular nights are extra crowded.

It also gives those who aren't staying at a Disney Resort and given the privilege of paying extra for doing so, to put the money they saved into buying EMHs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For the rides. The ability to do SM and 7D and PPF over and over without crowds.

Sure, you can buy a Holiday Night and then try those rides during the parades and fireworks, but it won't give you that 'dead' felling an After Hours night does.

Also, because of the Party Nights, the regular nights are extra crowded.

It also gives those who aren't staying at a Disney Resort and given the privilege of paying extra for doing so, to put the money they saved into buying EMHs.

And this is where I ask: who needs to ride mine train over and over?

Kiddie coaster...but it’s been 2 days so my memory might be faulty

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom