News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

Castle Cake Apologist

I think back fondly on the Pirates and Princesses Party that happened at the same time of year, cost less, lasted longer, and had a great parade and outstanding fireworks. They should really try that again and I honestly wouldn't take too much offense. MK closes early in January/February anyway.

That's what I was thinking. The Pirate and Princess parties were fantastic, and always well-attended. Never fully understood why they did away with them.

Didn't this "after dark" cash grab fail miserably last time?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I believe at the lower price point it has been somewhat successful.

This probably weighed in heavily too. Graphic from @ParentsOf4
disney-pcgs-jpg.228907

PeoplemoverTTA

I'm not a fan of the money grabs, but this was actually pretty cool. My husband and I went to one last January and the park was a ghost town. Literally we would walk 5 minutes and not see another single person. If you're on a short trip or just looking to bang out a bunch of attractions in a super short time (and it's within your budget), it's reasonable.

Ironically, we left early because we did everything we wanted 2-3 times and were bored, lol.

JediMasterMatt

Time is the most valuable commodity on vacation. We did this twice on our last January trip and it is well worth the money. There were more Cast Members than guests. Empty seats on everything that's open. For my photography purposes, there were times where I was the only one in the Hub. The only negative was they weren't very forceful in getting the regular guests out of the park, so it took almost 2 hours to clear them out of the streets.

I can't believe they are bringing it back; but, then again - they did give Pirates & Princesses a few goes before calling it quits.

Anyway... if they keep offering it while we are there (like in 2018 now)... it's on like Donkey Kong.

Biff215

That's what I was thinking. The Pirate and Princess parties were fantastic, and always well-attended. Never fully understood why they did away with them.

Didn't this "after dark" cash grab fail miserably last time?
Probably because this is far cheaper and easier for them. Party nights require special entertainment and fireworks. This simply extends the current park day while attempting to sell it a second time. No reason the MK should close at 7:00, even in January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom