News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

AndyS2992

Paid for extra magic hours.. wonderful. It was a distaster the first time around, don't know why they think it will be any better this time. As long as the park isn't closing earlier than normal for these things then fine but when people who have paid a full day's admission get shafted so Disney can hold these silly $$$ grabbing events then that gets on my nerves. If you want rides with little to no wait then arrive at park opening, make good use of Fastpass, stay until park closing, use extra magic hours, there's no need for this event if you plan accordingly.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Paid for extra magic hours.. wonderful. It was a distaster the first time around, don't know why they think it will be any better this time. As long as the park isn't closing earlier than normal for these things then fine but when people who have paid a full day's admission get shafted so Disney can hold these silly $$$ grabbing events then that gets on my nerves. If you want to rides with little to no wait then arrive at park opening, make good use of Fastpass, stay until park closing, use extra magic hours, there's no need for this event if you plan accordingly.

The plan is likely to kill EMH and replace with these. Remember TDO's motto these days is sell the park twice

YankeeMouse

We went to one but it was half price for annual passholders. I remember it going later in the evening than 10 p.m. though. Maybe I'm thinking of the Feb 29 Leap Year event which went till 6 a.m.? Now THAT was awesome. Empty MK.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When you stay on a Disney property you're paying an extra, hidden resort fee for things like transportation, 60 day FP, and EMMs. That's why a comparable off-site hotel is cheaper. This is a way to be off-site and be able to buy into an EMM. And unlike the EMMs for Disney resort guests, this one is indeed deluxe considering how few other people are there and it's 3 hours and not 2.

Also, a great boon for those who hate people. :rolleyes:

freesvoice

Paid for extra magic hours.. wonderful. It was a distaster the first time around, don't know why they think it will be any better this time. As long as the park isn't closing earlier than normal for these things then fine but when people who have paid a full day's admission get shafted so Disney can hold these silly $$$ grabbing events then that gets on my nerves. If you want to rides with little to no wait then arrive at park opening, make good use of Fastpass, stay until park closing, use extra magic hours, there's no need for this event if you plan accordingly.
What made it a disaster the first time around? Asking seriously, this is the first I've heard about this event so don't have the history.

AndyS2992

What made it a disaster the first time around? Asking seriously, this is the first I've heard about this event so don't have the history.
Ticket sales were very low, so much so that Disney kept lowering the price and giving passes out for free to 'lifestylers' to make it look like the event was more popular than it was. People just weren't interested since extra magic hours are free. It was great for people who paid since the park was empty but not a good business move.

Last edited:

freesvoice

Ticket sales were very low, so much so that Disney kept lowering the price and giving passes out for free to 'lifestylers'. People just weren't interested. Great for people who paid since the park was empty but not a good business move.
Got it, thanks. Seeing the announced dates for 2018 makes me think it's just a way for them to try to make some additional money during a slow time. But I can also understand that there may not be much incentive for people to want to buy these tickets, especially considering crowd calendar shows 2/8, for example, as a 3 that day. And 2/7 has EMH at MK for free.

This just happens to work out perfectly for my group because we are flying in from 3 different time zones on 2/8 and arriving at all different times. This way we can skip worrying about making a park day happen and all go together at night with no crowds. Then save the other days together (we only have three) for AK and Epcot. I can see how it won't make a whole lot of sense for most people but for us it's great.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Not sure what lower price points refers to but at $119 per person a family with 2 adults and 4 kids would spend $714 for a night of entertainment. I have never seen or heard of any place worth that kind of money.

That same group of six would be paying $666 for one day at the MK at a time it is open for 12 hours.

That group of six could instead pay an extra $48 for five hours at the MK (you can enter at 7 PM).

And that group of six could ride probably three times the number of E-Ticket rides by using the EMH ticket than by using the day ticket for just fifty bucks more.

Biff215

That same group of six would be paying $666 for one day at the MK at a time it is open for 12 hours.

That group of six could instead pay an extra $48 for five hours at the MK (you can enter at 7 PM).

And that group of six could ride probably three times the number of E-Ticket rides by using the EMH ticket than by using the day ticket for just fifty bucks more.
Assuming they're buying one day tickets of course. I still can't imagine running around like mad trying to ride everything, but I guess it might work for some who are pressed for time.

Any "value" in this is assuming the crowd levels remain low for these events. Should Disney actually get real interest like they do on a party night, then the amount of attractions you can pack in will decrease substantially. I can't imagine Disney truly capping this at a low number.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Assuming they're buying one day tickets of course. I still can't imagine running around like mad trying to ride everything, but I guess it might work for some who are pressed for time.

Any "value" in this is assuming the crowd levels remain low for these events. Should Disney actually get real interest like they do on a party night, then the amount of attractions you can pack in will decrease substantially. I can't imagine Disney truly capping this at a low number.

If you look at the time of year they're running this... I highly doubt they'll have a run on these tickets (which, BTW, are indeed limited). Don't know why they're trying to make extra hours work in the slowest time of the year. They need to run something like this during their busiest time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom