News Disney After Hours Events expands to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Are they phasing out the free extra magic hours for this? That was my last justification for staying on property.

EMH intention was to lure people to stay on property. The 90's and early 2000's brought a massive expansion of on property hotels. This was a way to fill them and justify the price premium they had over offsite hotels. Now that they've conditioned guests to automatically book an onsite hotel, and with booked up DVC resorts , EMH are not needed. They've already been reduced and cut, and TBH any EMH night is almost unpleasant to be at because of the extra crowding, unlike when it was started.

jt04

EMH intention was to lure people to stay on property. The 90's and early 2000's brought a massive expansion of on property hotels. This was a way to fill them and justify the price premium they had over offsite hotels. Now that they've conditioned guests to automatically book an onsite hotel, and with booked up DVC resorts , EMH are not needed. They've already been reduced and cut, and TBH any EMH night is almost unpleasant to be at because of the extra crowding, unlike when it was started.

I could see them becoming mornings only very easily if for nothing else than to help with crowd distribution.

surfsupdon

I could see them becoming mornings only very easily if for nothing else than to help with crowd distribution.
To help with EMH crowd distribution, I would like to see EMH divided. Either open two parks in the morning, or two parks at night to distribute crowds easier.

Or divide your rooms up and over specific Parks. For example, Epcot and MK resorts have EMH mornings on Monday at HS but AK and DS Resorts have EMH mornings Tuesday at HS.

Just thinking outside the box. If we have date specific tickets, let's have Resort specific EMH.

mikejs78

Premium Member
They don't seem to follow that philosophy for the hard ticket parties.
Apple's and oranges I hope.
I think the difference is that the hard ticket parties have a lot to offer that the normal daytime doesn't - the trick or treating (or cookies), the extra, exclusive M&G's, the parade, the fireworks, the shows.... Whereas the sole purpose of the After hours events is to get on rides fast (and yes, free Mickey Bars). If they increase the attendance too much, they no longer have any value, where it could be argued that the parties do.

jt04

I think the difference is that the hard ticket parties have a lot to offer that the normal daytime doesn't - the trick or treating (or cookies), the extra, exclusive M&G's, the parade, the fireworks, the shows.... Whereas the sole purpose of the After hours events is to get on rides fast (and yes, free Mickey Bars). If they increase the attendance too much, they no longer have any value, where it could be argued that the parties do.

Are any eateries or shops open for after hours events?

JohnD

Are any eateries or shops open for after hours events?

I think that goes without saying. Shops especially so that guests will spend money. Maybe some counter service locations if you want more than the free Mickey Bars and popcorn.

jt04

I think that goes without saying. Shops especially so that guests will spend money. Maybe some counter service locations if you want more than the free Mickey Bars and popcorn.

I sort of dismissed this at first but the more I think about it the more I see why people would choose this as an option. Especially with the AP discount. Very cool.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Muppets requires a CM portray Sweetums during the show. Bugs doesn’t have an actor portrayal. Not sure if main reason but one difference.

I guess that makes sense. But they have cast members for Olaf, Mickey, and Minnie... Which are somehow classified as attractions themselves. Plus, it's like a 10 second part. Can't see an argument in that anymore outside of "Meh... Not popular enough" on Disney's behalf.

JohnD

I guess that makes sense. But they have cast members for Olaf, Mickey, and Minnie... Which are somehow classified as attractions themselves. Plus, it's like a 10 second part. Can't see an argument in that anymore outside of "Meh... Not popular enough" on Disney's behalf.

Muppets is also as far back as you can get in the park currently unlike Bugs which is centrally located. So probably another reason for not keeping Muppets open.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don’t know. It’s across from ST. While Mickey Bars and popcorn are free, I wouldn’t mind paying for a beverage. We won’t know until after the first event on 12/4.

Just to keep things straight: Tuesday, 12/4 is the first DAKAH. The first DHSAH is Saturday, 12/8.

Also, note to self: Stop calling it "After Dark", it's "After Hours". Sorry if that confused anyone.

JohnD

Just to keep things straight: Tuesday, 12/4 is the first DAKAH. The first DHSAH is Saturday, 12/8.

Also, note to self: Stop calling it "After Dark", it's "After Hours". Sorry if that confused anyone.

Thanks. The only one that affects me is 12/12 when I plan to be in AK. My check in day is 12/9 so couldn’t take advantage of the HS 12/8 date anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom