News Disney After Hours Events expands to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There isn't some super villain-esque master plan here. The simple fact is, Disney has reduced capacity. Has reduced staff. Thereby increasing wait times and making the parks always feel jam packed. These are facts.

If one were to go by what has been reported on these forums, there should be no one left staffing any of the parks. Everyone remembers the cuts, no one remembers the re-hires or expansion of hours.

In the September cuts announced this year, there were some reductions, yes. But, come January, there will be more Streetmosphere than they had before. People lamented the cut in citizens of Main Street, and yet, there are still some there and then they added the Muppets to the MK.

We've been through this on another thread, there are more attractions being added than being taken away. That's a fact.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If one were to go by what has been reported on these forums, there should be no one left staffing any of the parks. Everyone remembers the cuts, no one remembers the re-hires or expansion of hours.

In the September cuts announced this year, there were some reductions, yes. But, come January, there will be more Streetmosphere than they had before. People lamented the cut in citizens of Main Street, and yet, there are still some there and then they added the Muppets to the MK.

We've been through this on another thread, there are more attractions being added than being taken away. That's a fact.

Let’s simplify this. Since you like to take arbitrary time frames to make your points its hard to keep up. So simple is best, I think.

Has capacity kept up with the increases in attendance?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Many people would find simply revisting a theme park multiple times & spending any amount of money to do so even more laughable, let alone taking the time to argue on a website about said theme parks.

Why do people feel the need to make snarky comments and feel superior when someone else does something or sees a value in something differently to them?
I don’t feel superior based on my ability to not purchase after hours tickets. What a silly thing to say.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Of course, there was no arrogance or patronizing tone in your post to @MisterPenguin or in the response to me just there either, was there?
Well, I didn’t say that. There is certainly some patronizing tone in there. What goes around comes around, as they say.

FWIW. I said it’s not based on my ability to avoid Disney after hours cash grabs.

🤷‍♂️

matt9112

I don’t consider myself a rube or a fool and I do find value in the MK after hours. First, it’s not just three hours. I go in at about 6 and stay until 1, which is longer than I would stay on a regular day ticket at a park. I don’t find value in spending time in a park from open to close. Second, there are so many fewer people, including less screaming kids and entire families sharing one EVC. My longest line has been a 10 minute wait for SDMT and one of the nights I went was sold out. Third, I have great pics with nobody in them. Is it fun to be the only family on a ride? Yes it is! Lastly, for my family, time is money and this offering allows us to maximize our time at DW.

You are right, to each his own. If you don’t like it, then don’t go, but no need to call somebody a rube or a fool because they find value in it.

my issue is lack od value for AP holder....i dont pay daily rate anyway (full disclosure my passes lapsed and im now down the street) but when i did have APs these events are a horrible value. sadly not the target demographic and i get that but i work like a normal human so i cant do weekdays so an event like this would be great but at these prices? nah.

matt9112

I see no value in paying extra to spend a few "after" hours in DHS or DAK. It has always made the most sense at Magic Kingdom, but I just don't see myself ever partaking at these two new parks.

rather just rope drop MK commando it all leave at 2 and go to one of these other parks and keep my money in my pocket.

Dad 2 M & M

No. It hasn't.
Not sure what the point was supposed to be but I agree with your answer.......crowds keeps increasing, price continues to increase, and adding attractions (and New Lands) can't keep pace.....

My guess is there is STILL much elasticity in the price (price is actually inelastic in this case) such that it can still go up without any drop in attendance......

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Not sure what the point was supposed to be but I agree with your answer.......crowds keeps increasing, price continues to increase, and adding attractions (and New Lands) can't keep pace.....

Just to correct you, a lot of the new stuff that has been added has been a replacement for old stuff that closed. An example of this is the problem that DHS has and why many insiders are saying that there is further work to be there post SWGE.

wdwfan22

If your planning on doing one of the new after hours at Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios I would not go by the first round of reviews. Disney kept tickets very low for opening night and invited bloggers for free to review the event. That way they could photograph empty walk ways and talk about how great it was. They did the same thing for the first Magic Kingdom After Hours. While Attendance was very low for the first night, don't expect it to be for future event nights.

JohnD

If your planning on doing one of the new after hours at Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios I would not go by the first round of reviews. Disney kept tickets very low for opening night and invited bloggers for free to review the event. That way they could photograph empty walk ways and talk about how great it was. They did the same thing for the first Magic Kingdom After Hours. While Attendance was very low for the first night, don't expect it to be for future event nights.

I'll be in AK on 12/12 during regular hours. I may decide on night-of whether or not I'll do the event.

Dad 2 M & M

Just to correct you, a lot of the new stuff that has been added has been a replacement for old stuff that closed. An example of this is the problem that DHS has and why many insiders are saying that there is further work to be there post SWGE.
Well done and thank you for the correction......not exactly the point I was making, but we agree things are being added.....and as you have posted, the insiders are saying there is still work to be done.

My post was in reference to price increases NOT reducing the crowds.......that is REALLY dangerous

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do you have any insider information on that at all?

I've been to two MK AH, neither were the first ones, and neither were any where near 'crowded'. In fact, both were 'dead'. I've never seen anyone post online that an AH event was anything but dead.

Dad 2 M & M

Do you have any insider information on that at all?

I've been to two MK AH, neither were the first ones, and neither were any where near 'crowded'. In fact, both were 'dead'. I've never seen anyone post online that an AH event was anything but dead.
We,ve been to the MK After Hours 3 times, and it was really slow each time. The 1st was the Inaugural, the 2nd and 3rd times were after it was redone and pricing was reduced for DVC and APs,.....

We'll be done Sunday, and plan to hit the AK Wednesday night. I can assure you we aren't bloggers and will keep everyone posted on how it goes.....

Amazing the passion this subject is bringing out!!

Last edited:

Ariel1986

I went to the MK AH about 12 days ago, I posted a page or so back about it with photos. It was completely dead. Empty park.

JohnD

We,ve been to the MK After Hours 3 times, and it was really slow each time. The 1st was the Inaugural, the 2nd and 3rd times were after it was redone and pricing was reduced for DVC and APs,.....

We'll be done Sunday, and plan to hit the AK Wednesday night. I can assure you we aren't bloggers and will keep everyone posted on how it goes.....

Amazing the passion this subject is bringing out!!

Really thinking about 12/12 event. I’ll be in AK with regular admission that day. Thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom