News Disney After Hours Events expands to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

JohnD

So, the DAK After Dark page specifically mentions FoP now: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/animal-kingdom-after-hours/

So, I'll bite the bullet for y'all and attend the inaugural DAKAD on Dec 4 and let you know how many times in a row I rode FoP.

My AK day is planned for 12/12. I'm debating whether to do this. But I'm also debating ditching ROL and hopping back to Epcot to see Illuminations a second time that week. (Would be the last time I ever see it unless I return in the Spring.)

iowamomof4

Being a pass holder has nothing to do with it. It’s separately ticketed although APs get a discount. If you remain in the park, CMs are likely to scan your MB to see if you’re a paying guest for the extra hours.

If they run it the same as MK, you'll get a special wristband for the event just like at Christmas and Halloween parties. There should be places within the park to do this for guests who entered earlier in the day.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Having not really gone to Disney during that area, what are the differences between the current After Hours events and the old E-Nights?

jt04

Enjoy the thin crowds for now. Although I think they will eventually limit sales so as not to ruin a good thing.

Definitely can't wait for G:E!

aprincessatlasst

Well, whether you think it’s right or wrong how these events have come about, or the cost is too high, or I’m stupid for going, I went to After Hours last night at MK and it was EMPTY. I can’t say I had anything but an amazing time. I think we saw more cast members than people!

We didn’t wait for anything, walked straight onto everything. So many rides we were the only ones there, empty vehicles before and after. The only time other people were on the same time with us were 7DMT & Astro Orbiter (randomly!).

Walking down an empty Main Street and having the hub to ourselves at times was surreal. I don’t know if less tickets sold for this date, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. Even one of the photopass CMs was excited and dancing on Main Street because there were no crowds.

Not trying to sell this or convince anyone just relaying my experience. To me it was worth the cost and I’d absolutely do it again in a heartbeat.

View attachment 328710

View attachment 328711

View attachment 328712

View attachment 328715

I love small waits but would this creep anyone else out? I liked the emh nights where it was walk on to rides but still enough people to make it feel fun and vibrant, not isolated and empty. People around add to the ambiance for me. Wondering how much profit do they really make with this having all the cast members and rides and lights etc on? Whatever it is, it is apparent that people sure do love exclusivity even in a theme park!

JohnD

TP had predicted AK would be a 2 yesterday but it ended up being a 5, so good luck with that. If I had the means and wanted a chance to do these rides at AK with low to no waits, I'd do this event.

It's up in the air with me now anyway. I may leave at closing for an ADR at Boma. I could skip ROl, cancel the ADR and hop to Epcot for a second viewing of Illuminations, or stay for the extra hours. Think this would be a decision to make during the trip.

Much-Pixie-Dust

My AK day is planned for 12/12. I'm debating whether to do this. But I'm also debating ditching ROL and hopping back to Epcot to see Illuminations a second time that week. (Would be the last time I ever see it unless I return in the Spring.)
If you go, post your experiences. I would love to hear how it goes at AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom