News Disney After Hours Events expands to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

LSLS

Bull. Yes, evening EMH went until 3am at MK occasionally but it sure as heck wasn't standard at DHS or Epcot.

Sunday, July 3, 2011 - MK 12a-3a
Monday, July 4, 2011 - DAK, 8a-9a, DHS 10p-1a
Tuesday, July 5, 2011 - MK 8a-9a, Epcot 9p-12a
Wednesday, July 6, 2011 - DAK 8a-9a
Thursday, July 7, 2011 - MK 8a-9a
Friday, July 8, 2011 - Epcot 8a-9a, MK 12a-3a
Saturday, July 9, 2011 - DHS 8a-9a

18 EMH hours over ten "sessions" total

Sunday, July 1, 2018 - DHS 7a-8a
Monday, July 2, 2018 - Epcot 9p-11p, DHS 7a-8a
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 - MK 12a-2a, DHS 7a-8a
Wednesday, July 4, 2018 - DHS 7a-8a, DAK 8a-9a
Thursday, July 5, 2018 - Epcot 8a-9a, DHS 7a-8a
Friday, July 6, 2018 - MK 8a-9a, DHS 7a-8a, DHS 10:30p-12:30a
Saturday, July 7, 2018 - DHS 7a-8a, DAK 8a-9a

17 EMH hours over fourteen "sessions" total

So total EMH was almost exactly the same in 2018 as it was in 2011, PLUS Hollywood Studios opened to regular guests at 8am every day versus 9am in 2011 for an additional 7 hours.

So spare me "muh budget cuts." Facts don't care about your Narrative (TM).

Just out of curiosity, wasn't there a time that there were morning and night EMH every single day?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Bull. Yes, evening EMH went until 3am at MK occasionally but it sure as heck wasn't standard at DHS or Epcot.

Sunday, July 3, 2011 - MK 12a-3a
Monday, July 4, 2011 - DAK, 8a-9a, DHS 10p-1a
Tuesday, July 5, 2011 - MK 8a-9a, Epcot 9p-12a
Wednesday, July 6, 2011 - DAK 8a-9a
Thursday, July 7, 2011 - MK 8a-9a
Friday, July 8, 2011 - Epcot 8a-9a, MK 12a-3a
Saturday, July 9, 2011 - DHS 8a-9a

18 EMH hours over ten "sessions" total

Sunday, July 1, 2018 - DHS 7a-8a
Monday, July 2, 2018 - Epcot 9p-11p, DHS 7a-8a
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 - MK 12a-2a, DHS 7a-8a
Wednesday, July 4, 2018 - DHS 7a-8a, DAK 8a-9a
Thursday, July 5, 2018 - Epcot 8a-9a, DHS 7a-8a
Friday, July 6, 2018 - MK 8a-9a, DHS 7a-8a, DHS 10:30p-12:30a
Saturday, July 7, 2018 - DHS 7a-8a, DAK 8a-9a

17 EMH hours over fourteen "sessions" total

So total EMH was almost exactly the same in 2018 as it was in 2011, PLUS Hollywood Studios opened to regular guests at 8am every day versus 9am in 2011 for an additional 7 hours.

So spare me "muh budget cuts." Facts don't care about your Narrative (TM).

BS on you! Total cherry picking of dates in 2018 when DHS had special temporary EMHs due to the addition of TSL.

At least have some honesty in your arguments.

CaptainAmerica

BS on you! Total cherry picking of dates in 2018 when DHS had special temporary EMHs due to the addition of TSL.

At least have some honesty in your arguments.
I didn't cherry pick. You said "peak times" so I went with the week of July 4 in each year. You can't say "Disney cut hours... except for those hours they added, because they don't count!"

disneyflush

Just out of curiosity, wasn't there a time that there were morning and night EMH every single day?

There have been times where it was occasionally offered as EMH in the AM and PM on the same day but I don't believe it was ever a guaranteed thing. Take 2005 for instance:
1541534245170.png

The perk has been offered to resort guests in different incarnations since the 1990's but mostly as a type of 'upcharge' (E-nights). I believe the free version started with Magic Your Way in 2005.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I didn't cherry pick. You said "peak times" so I went with the week of July 4 in each year. You can't say "Disney cut hours... except for those hours they added, because they don't count!"

They were cherry picked. Those hours are gone and not part of the permanent rotation. You want to be honest about it, go to July 4 weekend 2017, 2016, or 2015.

LSLS

They were cherry picked. Those hours are gone and not part of the permanent rotation. You want to be honest about it, go to July 4 weekend 2017, 2016, or 2015.

You aren't doing yourself any favors suggesting 2017 with the new nightime offerings at AK that year.

Truth is right in the middle. They offer less now, but it is not as dramatic as many want it to look. If you want to get mad, get mad at the fact that on a bunch of days where the parks used to close at 9 or 10, they now close at 6 for these parties.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
You aren't doing yourself any favors suggesting 2017 with the new nightime offerings at AK that year.

Truth is right in the middle. They offer less now, but it is not as dramatic as many want it to look. If you want to get mad, get mad at the fact that on a bunch of days where the parks used to close at 9 or 10, they now close at 6 for these parties.
Using @CaptainAmerica cherry picked dates discounting the temporary EMH morning hours, you get 11 EMH Hours/8 Sessions in 2018 Versus 18 EMH hours/10 sessions in 2011. Almost a 40% reduction in hours. And even with the temporaryily added EMH hours at DHS, you still have less net hours than you did prior.

CaptainAmerica

Using @CaptainAmerica cherry picked dates discounting the temporary EMH morning hours, you get 11 EMH Hours/8 Sessions in 2018 Versus 18 EMH hours/10 sessions in 2011. Almost a 40% reduction in hours. And even with the temporaryily added EMH hours at DHS, you still have less net hours than you did prior.
That's ridiculous. Ever think that the other hours were reduced because they added all the temporary hours at DHS? They weren't cut, they were just reallocated.

LSLS

Eh you can't really do that though.

Lets do this. First week in June, 2016 - 9 sessions, 5 morning, 4 night, 13 hours
First week June, 2012 - 8 Sessions - 4 morning, 4 night - 16 hours (I left out the 2 morning at the water parks).

First week in April 2018 - 7 sessions, 5 morning, 2 night - 9 hours
First week in April 2012 - 8 sessions, 5 morning, 3 night - 14 hours

Like I said, it's not as dramatic as I remember (then again, I may be thinking of further back).

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Lets do this. First week in June, 2016 - 9 sessions, 5 morning, 4 night, 13 hours
First week June, 2012 - 8 Sessions - 4 morning, 4 night - 16 hours (I left out the 2 morning at the water parks).

Like I said, it's not as dramatic as I remember (then again, I may be thinking of further back).

So it’s less hours. Despite more guests in the park. Great!

But don’t worry! If you want those extra hours back, you just gotta pay.

Problem solved. Everybody wins.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Look at the year before

A 20-35% cut. Coinciding with price increases and operating hour cuts and increased attendance. I guess if the hotel occupancy is good to hell with the little perks that make you want to stay on property. And if your DVC we got your money already anyways.

Last edited:

LSLS

Look at the year before

A 20-35% cut. Coinciding with price increases and operating hour cuts and increased attendance. I guess if the hotel occupancy is good to help with the little perks that make you want to stay on property. And if your DVC we got your koney already anyways.

Haha, preaching to the wrong guy here. The magic hours aren't down quite as much as I thought they were. BUT, if you are going to complain that these parties are cutting the normal hours, that you get much now than before, it could disperse crowds, etc., I'm in. I will admit I hadn't used EMH in a REALLY long time (probably before 2010), and they were never the reason we stayed on site (and if they bumped that up to 20 hours a week, it would not be enough to offset the parking fees and get me back), but I still don't think EMH vs parties is the argument. I think the early closings for the parties with the cuts in entertainment is the real problem.

Dad 2 M & M

The (unusual) dip in attendance was very real. The (continuing) cut backs and price increases are the Disney executives "solutions" to the problem. When the kiosks in the parks have only one CM serving beverages/food it causes a line to form which gives the appearance that its "slammed". When Pecos Bill has 10 registers but only 4 are open, lines get long. Same for the attractions when they are understaffed or only operating one side. Wait times go up. High wait times and long lines are no metric to judge actual attendance numbers by.
Heard that....we don't do many kiosks, and we did notice Starlight Rays had long lines but did also have all registers open. The crowds were on Main Street and each Land, not just attractions, kiosks, and QS restaurants.

Flynnwriter

I think annual premium passholders could have a class action lawsuit against this blatant and greedy approach by Disney to partition once normal operating hours into “additional fee events.” Any attorneys agree?

potzie

I think annual premium passholders could have a class action lawsuit against this blatant and greedy approach by Disney to partition once normal operating hours into “additional fee events.” Any attorneys agree?
Your annual pass is issued without a guarantee of what the park hours will be. Just like buying a 4 day ticket doesn't guarantee you what hours the parks will be open those 4 days. It grants you access to the park during regular park operating hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom