News Disney After Hours Events expands to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

Flynnwriter

Your annual pass is issued without a guarantee of what the park hours will be. Just like buying a 4 day ticket doesn't guarantee you what hours the parks will be open those 4 days. It grants you access to the park during regular park operating hours.
Ok Disney lawyer- thanks! I was just pointing out how absurd it is that Disney has resorted to slicing up the day into premium pay periods to milk the guest for additional revenue. It’s short sided and greedy past the point of normal business.

Bob Harlem

Disney Offering Guests Option to Pay Extra $100 for No Reason: http://realparknews.blogspot.com/2018/11/disney-offering-guests-option-to-

“We want our guests to have the opportunity to feel that their visit is even more special because they paid more for it,” a representative for Disney said at press time. “Everyone knows things that cost more are better, and we want our guests to have the best.”

Satire, but hits very close to what this forum topic is about.

potzie

Ok Disney lawyer- thanks! I was just pointing out how absurd it is that Disney has resorted to slicing up the day into premium pay periods to milk the guest for additional revenue. It’s short sided and greedy past the point of normal business.
I don't disagree that it might be a lousy way to do business, but to ask whether you can sue them for it sounds like the typical issue with the court systems in the US. If you don't like something, you sue. Vote with your dollars if it upsets you, but to ask if you can sue over it, the easy answer is no.

joejccva71

So I didn't read through this entire thread but I have a question pertaining to Animal Kingdom Flight of Passage:

As it is right now, you can get in line for FoP literally 1 minute before park closes and they have to let you ride it. So let's say the park closes at 9pm, a ton of people get in line for this to where it's a 60+ minute wait at park closing. You have the After Hours pass. Does this mean that you're literally waiting in a 60+ minute line with your After Hours pass cause all those people who got in line right at park closing are ahead of you?

But you're paying $125 for this and instead of possibly riding FoP back to back, you're now spending most of the time After Hours ...waiting in this long line.

Maybe I'm missing something but this could potentially suck.

The Pho

So I didn't read through this entire thread but I have a question pertaining to Animal Kingdom Flight of Passage:

As it is right now, you can get in line for FoP literally 1 minute before park closes and they have to let you ride it. So let's say the park closes at 9pm, a ton of people get in line for this to where it's a 60+ minute wait at park closing. You have the After Hours pass. Does this mean that you're literally waiting in a 60+ minute line with your After Hours pass cause all those people who got in line right at park closing are ahead of you?

But you're paying $125 for this and instead of possibly riding FoP back to back, you're now spending most of the time After Hours ...waiting in this long line.

Maybe I'm missing something but this could potentially suck.
The first After hours party I did, they had the party group use the fastpass line until the normal line was gone on the more popular rides. So we didn't have to wait for the lines to go away. The second party a couple days later though did not do that.

joejccva71

The first After hours party I did, they had the party group use the fastpass line until the normal line was gone on the more popular rides. So we didn't have to wait for the lines to go away. The second party a couple days later though did not do that.

Ahh yea makes sense. Ok that's a relief then. I might do the Animal Kingdom one then and just pay the price. (Tim Tracker reference there)

Edit: Now that I think about it. I don't believe Animal Kingdom is worth it like Magic Kingdom would be because of the number of attractions.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The new Town Plaza Dessert Party is greedy, I totally agree.

However, the hard-ticket party nights were created during the time when Fall and Winter were off-peak times. Many referred to those times like it was a ghost town. The hard-ticket party nights and festivals and room discounts were designed to bring in people. The after hours parties happened during times when the parks would have ordinarily closed early in the evening.

Now, they're a victim of their own success. The reason the parks are crowded during the school session is precisely because of these events.

Kman101

There are still a few free evening Extra Magic Hours for guests staying on-site, MK has one this Saturday from 11pm-1am. But apparently TDO think there are enough rubes willing to fork over $125/person for 3 hours in half-day parks but with free soda, ice cream, and popcorn to make this a thing? At MK, you'd end up doing rides for 3 hours (otherwise what's the point?), so you're just paying more than the cost of a 1-day ticket (for now) to do rides for 3 hours. I just cannot fathom how anyone could look at this and think it's a good deal, but to each his own. A fool and their money are soon parted.

Apparently people are spending the money. But to be fair, I've seen several vloggers who have said they were invited to attend. The low crowds are appealing but why should we have to (before anyone jumps on me, I know no one is forcing anyone, it's just to make a point so no one needs to stress) pay a day's admission (or over) for 3 hours with a Mickey bar thrown in for good measure. I actually can see the appeal for some people (I know, but I can). I just think the way WDW goes about these things is plain as day so it makes me view these things differently. Maybe they shouldn't panic or worry about a few slow days? I often feel like they have their priorities so wrong and off base.

I know people think Disney cares about them and the guest experience but what they care about is making money. It's okay to still like the parks and understand what the company is doing. I know some refuse to criticize. I think sometimes you actually do need to be critical of something you love. Anywho ... and I still say to each their own. If someone wants to spend the money and they have a good time, good on them, I don't begrudge it or even the offering, I begrudge how they run things ... (as I think most could agree on).

There's so many things they could be doing if they truly cared about giving guests a great experience. But I don't want to get too far off-topic but they give everyone peanuts and some people eat it up as some amazing gesture, that I don't understand. For everything guests demand, it's kind of amusing what they don't seem to want to demand.

Prototype82

I'd pay an extra admission price just to watch RoL front row with actors again... I gotta be like Elsa and let it go...

To think there was a time when I thought a 2 park pass just to ride the Hogwarts Express was slimy. I guess Pandora at night with a smaller crowd would be lovely. That is if I decide to fork over 95 bucks...

Kman101

I'd pay an extra admission price just to watch RoL front row with actors again... I gotta be like Elsa and let it go...

To think there was a time when I thought a 2 park pass just to ride the Hogwarts Express was slimy. I guess Pandora at night with a smaller crowd would be lovely. That is if I decide to fork over 95 bucks...

Heck, I won't lie. I've thought about purchasing a ticket to experience a crowd free Kingdom (I really can't stand the miserable crowds anymore there, but I have no problems in the other three parks and far enjoy them more even though I'd like to spend a lot more time at the MK). But I just can't do it. Not at that price and not holding a weekday select annual pass (and it was just lovely being unincluded in the VIPassholder events, except when they wanted me to purchase their merchandise -- so if they truly cared about the guest experience, they'd give Passholders extra magic hours but hey, they give a discount on After Hours. That pretty much tells me all I need to about how they do things). But then again that's me, lol. We all value things differently and justify spending on things that make us happy so ... lol (and not that it even is relevant to this topic but I found it a bit funny that literally almost no one showed up for their TSL passholder preview things, which, again, dis-included lower tier passholders -- I'd love for someone to tell me they care, because sadly, they don't. I really wish they did)

joejccva71

So I'm probably going to get blasted for saying this but I don't care. I'm getting irritated to no end about it.

Annual Passholders aren't any more special or "Disney VIPs" than a person that goes to the parks and pays regular price. I'm so sick of the entitlement that AP holders think they get. Sure you pay $900 a year and your dedication to Disney is well regarded. But what the hell is the difference between you paying $900 a year for an Annual Pass, over me going to Disney World 2-3 times a year and shelling out the cash for each of my trips.

There is no difference. I know a lot of you on this forum are AP holders and many of you aren't like this, but there are some that are. Some people take it to the next level and get their panties in a bunch when Disney doesn't cater to them specifically, and that's bs.

When I was at MK last trip, I had bought the EMM ticket, and we got there super early and we were probably 2nd in line. A lady comes up to the front and says "Do AP holders have to wait in the line with all the others?" When she was told yes, she got all huffy and puffy about it. People looked at her in disgust including me.

You aren't more entitled than anyone else is.

Sorry if this makes people mad and if you want to brand me the WDWMagic AP hater then that's okay too, I can take it...but it's how I feel about it.

Last edited:

potzie

So I'm probably going to get blasted for saying this but I don't care. I'm getting irritated to no end about it.

Annual Passholders aren't any more special or "Disney VIPs" than a person that goes to the parks and pays regular price. I'm so sick of the entitlement that AP holders think they get. Sure you pay $900 a year and your dedication to Disney is well regarded. But what the hell is the difference between you paying $900 a year for an Annual Pass, over me going to Disney World 2-3 times a year and shelling out the cash for each of my trips.

There is no difference. I know a lot of you on this forum are AP holders and many of you aren't like this, but there are some that are. Some people take it to the next level and get their panties in a bunch when Disney doesn't cater to them specifically, and that's bs.

When I was at MK last trip, I had bought the EMM ticket, and we got there super early and we were probably 2nd in line. A lady comes up to the front and says "Do AP holders have to wait in the line with all the others?" When she was told yes, she got all huffy and puffy about it. People looked at her in disgust including me.

Sorry if this makes people mad and if you want to brand me the WDWMagic AP hater then that's okay too, I can take it...but it's how I feel about it.
I couldn't agree with you more. Not blasted by this guy.

Have a Magical Day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Heck, I won't lie. I've thought about purchasing a ticket to experience a crowd free Kingdom (I really can't stand the miserable crowds anymore there, but I have no problems in the other three parks and far enjoy them more even though I'd like to spend a lot more time at the MK). But I just can't do it. Not at that price and not holding a weekday select annual pass (and it was just lovely being unincluded in the VIPassholder events, except when they wanted me to purchase their merchandise -- so if they truly cared about the guest experience, they'd give Passholders extra magic hours but hey, they give a discount on After Hours. That pretty much tells me all I need to about how they do things). But then again that's me, lol. We all value things differently and justify spending on things that make us happy so ... lol (and not that it even is relevant to this topic but I found it a bit funny that literally almost no one showed up for their TSL passholder preview things, which, again, dis-included lower tier passholders -- I'd love for someone to tell me they care, because sadly, they don't. I really wish they did)

I gotta admit...this use of the word “experiences” is starting to get to me.

These are not “experiences”...they are limited timeframe, high cost entry into old parks.

Like a wristband to a water park on the jersey shore.

Bocabear

and really, $100 for Animal Kingdom...where the only real ride issue would be Pandora...everything else is pretty accessible, and also are they capping the amount of tickets? Otherwise it could be just as bad as any normal day there.
I remember the Extra Magic Hours Evening in the Magic Kingdom when the wait for Haunted Mansion was still 45 minutes and 7 Dwarfs was 120 minutes...which was about 2/3 of the Extra Magic Hours time...

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Well done! We’re AP holders and are not all high and mighty about! We frequently ENJOY watching fellow APpeeps going to the dedicated entry at the Parks! That line is usually WAY WAY longer than the standard line....I’ve even heard APs refer to the Standard line as the “2nd Class” line.

You can see the same concept at work when you’re in any attraction Standby line.... when the line is long, the FP+ peeps walk be grinning ear to ear!!

Dad 2 M & M

I can tell you we hold the After Hours event as a good value as we generally avoid the Parks during Peak, and stay away during weekends.

Our fear is the After Hours will soon be at the same capacity as the MNSSHP and MVMCP....at that point it won’t be worth it!!

Dad 2 M & M

The (unusual) dip in attendance was very real. The (continuing) cut backs and price increases are the Disney executives "solutions" to the problem. When the kiosks in the parks have only one CM serving beverages/food it causes a line to form which gives the appearance that its "slammed". When Pecos Bill has 10 registers but only 4 are open, lines get long. Same for the attractions when they are understaffed or only operating one side. Wait times go up. High wait times and long lines are no metric to judge actual attendance numbers by.
Looks like attendance was up 4% in the just ended qtr....was expecting the forecasted “soft” crowds but the parks were busy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom