News Disney After Hours Events expands to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

LSLS

Do you have any insider information on that at all?

I've been to two MK AH, neither were the first ones, and neither were any where near 'crowded'. In fact, both were 'dead'. I've never seen anyone post online that an AH event was anything but dead.

Id be curious about ak and studios just because there is a lot less to do. How do those parks compare to mk size wise (keep in mind at ak how much of the park is closed off). Wonder if those things contribute to it seeming more busy than it is.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Id be curious about ak and studios just because there is a lot less to do. How do those parks compare to mk size wise (keep in mind at ak how much of the park is closed off). Wonder if those things contribute to it seeming more busy than it is.
The website tells you what attractions are open for AH. You need to decide if it's worth it to you to ride those rides several times.

Last edited:

LSLS

The website tells you what attractions are open for AH. You need to decide if it's worth it to you to ride those rides several times.

I agree. My point is if they release the same number of tickets for a party at mk as animal kingdom, animal kingdom may appear much busier due to less room and less attractions open. Honestly I haven't read anything by anyone going to parties outside of mk, just trying to say I'm not sure you can compare mk to the other parks for these.

Dad 2 M & M

So far. I’m less than two days out for my trip arriving Sun. and see no way to sign up online.
We arrive Sunday as well and will buy tickets then....with the assumption we can buy at our resort, if not, we'll head over to AK and purchase

Really thinking about 12/12 event. I’ll be in AK with regular admission that day. Thoughts?
I'd definitely go......Are you an AP Holder? Or using a park hopper?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I agree. My point is if they release the same number of tickets for a party at mk as animal kingdom, animal kingdom may appear much busier due to less room and less attractions open. Honestly I haven't read anything by anyone going to parties outside of mk, just trying to say I'm not sure you can compare mk to the other parks for these.

True. Though, for MK early morning hours they use to have just three ride open. I think it's now seven.

JohnD

We arrive Sunday as well and will buy tickets then....with the assumption we can buy at our resort, if not, we'll head over to AK and purchase

I'd definitely go......Are you an AP Holder? Or using a park hopper?

AP holder. I had a Boma ADR for 9pm that night but cancelled it to give me flexibility.

wdwfan22

Do you have any insider information on that at all?

I've been to two MK AH, neither were the first ones, and neither were any where near 'crowded'. In fact, both were 'dead'. I've never seen anyone post online that an AH event was anything but dead.

I do actually. I’m also not saying that there won’t be event nights that are very low in attendance. I’m just saying the first evening was kept very low.

I have experienced magic kingdom after hours on sold out nights while very manageable waits did occur for the popular attractions. Thankfully Most of the time they don’t reach those levels.

Dad 2 M & M

For those of you who live in the areas BJs Club serves, they have discounted Disney Cards with additional discounts...the $50 card is the best deal at $45.99 and just over an 8% discount....the cards must be purchased online and online only.

If you are renewing your AP, you can save $68 bucks...........

Planning a $3,000 trip, you could save $240 bucks......that's tee shirts for the whole family and two nice TS ressies.....

Last edited:

Texas84

I saw 'tickets available' signs at DHS Saturday night so what the heck, I went for it. Original plan was to see the Christmas stuff then go to Disney Springs. Ended up paying $101 with the Passholder discount. Probably got $25 worth of goodies. Popcorn, ice cream and drinks. It was fun, glad I did it. Slinky is great at night and rode it several times. Star Tours was 'Muppets' seating (sit anywhere you want). TSMM was pick a row. Walk through the pre-show at RnRC. If you're all about rides at DHS this was worth it. Just like the review said, the only long lines were the meet and greets.

liuxus

Hi there,
I have a quick question about After Hours at Animal Kingdom: I'm a Disneyland Paris Castmember and I was wondering if there is any discounts for those events for castmembers ?

Foolish Mortal

I just did the Studios on 12/8 and would do it again. I was by myself and was able to do RNRC 7x, ToT 1, Slinky 4x, TS 3x, Saucers 1. Found time to grab 3 drinks from bar locations and a box of popcorn. Having done lunch and dinner so close together I really didn’t need any snacks. TS cm’s were letting people stay on if they wanted. Was fun being able to speedwalk thru the preshows. RNRC cm’s wouldn’t let you stay on ride even though Limos never went out full, oh well. If you don’t mind putting out the money I’d definitely do it. Passholder discount made my decision easier.

JohnD

It’s day of. I’m in AK right now and still haven’t made up my mind. I have a FP for FOP at 6:25 and will see if queue is shorter for NRJ during ROL. If I decide it will be last minute if available. Maybe this is better suited for people who don’t plan on AK being their day park and just wanted maximum opportunities to do the attractions.

Sometimes vacations are more than just being park commando. I drove to AK so I could explore AKL and WL lobbies on my own time (trees, gift shops, etc).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom