Disney After Hours BOO BASH

JohnD

I would take 3-4 hours in the Magic Kingdom over 2 days at Universal any time.
Understood. Just comparing opportunity costs. I’m now shut out from 3-4 hours in MK on 10/5. So looking at alternatives for near the same cost.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

I now have nothing to do on the night of 10/5. Maybe a less expensive day ticket at Uni? For the same price, a one park per day, two-park two-day FL Resident ticket is $179.99.
A seasonal annual pass to Uni is only a tad more - I'd go for that if you think you'd like to go again within the following 12 months...(but then, I love Universal almost as much as I love Disney: it may not offer all the nostalgia, but it's a far kinder mistress...)

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
You should ask Bob at his next Shareholder address😀

Compliment his business acumen and Disney+, in particular, first. Then he will do whatever you suggest. Mention how much guest spending will increase if MK closes at 11 pm.
UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND
Bob_Chapek_%2849607223226%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

JohnD

A seasonal annual pass to Uni is only a tad more - I'd go for that if you think you'd like to go again within the following 12 months...(but then, I love Universal almost as much as I love Disney: it may not offer all the nostalgia, but it's a far kinder mistress...)

My trip (staying off-site) is 9/30-10/6. As an AP holder, I have park reservations for Ep on 10/1 (hope to park hop to MK), MK on 10/2, and HS on 10/3. I hope to get my next rolling park reservation to AK for 10/4 once 10/1 has passed. I left 10/5 open for free day in morning/afternoon and Boo Bash in evening. Now my entire day is free. I could do a one-day two park pass at Uni on 10/5 or two-day two park pass on 10/5-6. Would have to leave mid-day 10/6 to drive home. Or a water park on 10/5 and DS in evening. Bottom line: I’ll wait until 10/5 to make up my mind. Sometimes flexibility is a good thing.

mguimond1990

Just bought two tickets for the first week in Sept. Really hoping these are capped like previous After Hours parties. Cuz the last two Halloween parties we attended were so crowded and miserable. I’m ok spending the extra money for a less crowded experience

Weather_Lady

Just bought two tickets for the first week in Sept. Really hoping these are capped like previous After Hours parties. Cuz the last two Halloween parties we attended were so crowded and miserable. I’m ok spending the extra money for a less crowded experience
I'm interpreting the quick "selling out" of several dates -- and WDW's response of opening up more dates (instead of more slots on sold-out nights) as a good sign that there is a cap, and that it's not going to be increased. If that's not the case and lines are anything other than the promised "short," you can expect an army of Karens to be descending upon Guest Services with torches, pitchforks, and rabid malinent at the end of every Bash...

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Lots of complaining about the cost of these Boo Bashes (not just here, I mean everywhere on the interwebz) but dates are selling out like crazy. 😏

I always had a great time at the after hours that I've attended both the MNSSHP and Pirate & Princess Party (RIP).

This is of course is a little different, but I am curious if I would end up dropping this sort of coin had I been visiting during this time.

As I have said before, if we don't like these overpriced events then we need to NOT purchase these tickets.
These bad boys selling out like hot cakes does not bode well for the "Vote with Your Wallets!" campaign.

Low wait times are an alluring siren indeed.

Dan Deesnee

Guest sat was strong for previous DAH offerings.

True but how much of what boo bash offers is unique to that event? From the villains after hours events wasn't there a parade, a show, and food that you could only get during that event?

I may be wrong as I've never been to it but in comparing the villains after hours to the boo bash it seems like the villains after hours was giving you much more exclusive stuff including changes to some rides, a show that you couldn't see anywhere else, and a parade that you couldn't see anywhere else and maybe food you couldn't get outside the event, but not sure about that.

The boo bash seems to basically just be a less crowded watered down Halloween party with free popcorn soda and ice cream.

That is my main question as to how satisfied guests will be. They went to villains after hours and got something they couldn't get any other time of year at any other event. People are going to go to the boo bash and essentially just get a less crowded Halloween party with less stuff than the Halloween party typically offers.

Last edited:

pdude81

True but how much of what boo bash offers is unique to that event? From the villains after hours events wasn't there a parade, a show, and food that you could only get during that event?

I may be wrong as I've never been to it but in comparing the villains after hours to the boo bash it seems like the villains after hours was giving you much more exclusive stuff including changes to some rides, a show that you couldn't see anywhere else, and a parade that you couldn't see anywhere else and maybe food you couldn't get outside the event, but not sure about that.

The boo bash seems to basically just be a less crowded watered down Halloween party with free popcorn soda and ice cream.

That is my main question as to how satisfied guests will be. They went to villains after hours and got something they couldn't get any other time of year at any other event. People are going to go to the boo bash and essentially just get a less crowded Halloween party with less stuff than the Halloween party typically offers.
Boo bash offers different things and in a sense lesser than the Halloween party, but it also offers a less crowded park. The comparison to Villains is probably the most straightforward.

Villains had a parade and show. This has cavalcades (including maleficent) and trick or treating.
Villains had some special food items for purchase and Boo Bash only lists special desserts.
Both have free snacks included

So yes it's a bit lesser, like the entire guest experience at WDW right now (during and) post-Covid. Menus reduced, not as many things open, etc. But we're getting there. And if they end up adding 10 more dates, perhaps we'll even see more special food upsells. I for one am not as interested in buying a themed hot dog as other may be, or a brownie with a witch on it, but I can understand that the little things can add to the experience. I just don't think it's a huge drop off from Villains and I may end up preferring this to the overcrowded MNSSHP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom