Disney After Hours BOO BASH

ToTBellHop

The after-hours events offered limited availability, special offerings, and capped capacity for a short period.

This year they don't do a Halloween party - but instead offer a new offer, priced similarly, running similar dates/frequency with pandemic-related restrictions (live show, fireworks, parades all cut).

How do you not call this Party-lite? It's not like Disney just said... Hrmm... what's the next phase for our after-parties? You know darn well it probably was "Oh #$#$ how can we run our holloween and christmas profit wagons this fall with all this pandemic crap?" - and they figure out how to modify it and keep SOMETHING to sell.
For the 76th time, they will be offering fireworks before EVERY ONE OF THESE EVENTS. That’s why they start at 9:30 through Labor Day.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It’s not that. It’s “what kind of event are we comfortable offering during the end of a pandemic and start of our 50th celebration when we don’t want to cancel fireworks over half of the nights through Christmas?”

Don't strain your back there.. Disney wasn't going to walk away from Halloween and Christmas party dollars... this is how do you offer a party in pandemic constraints. That's why they are selling it so early, and with the same exact period as the prior parties.

The Halloween party monster machine could not be stopped... this is what they came up with.

Disney doesn't run their after hours events for 3 months straight of the same thing and sell them 5 months early.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
For the 76th time, they will be offering fireworks before EVERY ONE OF THESE EVENTS.
The general fireworks show, not the special Halloween fireworks and parade people loved and the main reason some paid to go to the Halloween party in the past

I know it’s not apples to apples MNSSHP and Boo Bash but it’s also not apples to apples Boo Bash and an After Hours Event with no theme at a random time throughout the year

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
There are over 328 million people in the USA alone. There are always going to be people willing to pay for things they value and with this many people you can bet a lot of people will value things you don't. And devalue things you do. We're all different.

Stop villifying people "willing to swallow this". They value it differently than you do.

I feel like this is a really obvious point a lot of people are skipping over because they're being outpriced where they weren't before.

Chip Chipperson

i’m glad you like them...

but even that is part of the scheme. They were selling park hours to DVC (predominantly APs) who wouldn’t spend more money otherwise. It’s all tied together.

if the hours we’re appropriate with the crowd levels and they hadn’t stopped reinvesting in the parks properly...those wouldn’t be necessary

There was no reason for anyone to spend more money during Moonlight Magic, though. They gave away free meals, snacks, and drinks and there wasn't much "special" for sale except a t-shirt that was priced fairly, in my opinion.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
There are over 328 million people in the USA alone. There are always going to be people willing to pay for things they value and with this many people you can bet a lot of people will value things you don't. And devalue things you do. We're all different.

Stop villifying people "willing to swallow this". They value it differently than you do.

I feel like this is a really obvious point a lot of people are skipping over because they're being outpriced where they weren't before.
I’m not vilifying anyone. I can afford this if I wanted to go as I own several dvc contracts, it’s the Disney TREND that I don’t like

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Don't strain your back there.. Disney wasn't going to walk away from Halloween and Christmas party dollars... this is how do you offer a party in pandemic constraints. That's why they are selling it so early, and with the same exact period as the prior parties.

The Halloween party monster machine could not be stopped... this is what they came up with.

Disney doesn't run their after hours events for 3 months straight of the same thing and sell them 5 months early.
I do hope the Halloween party comes back next year 🥰

ToTBellHop

The general fireworks show, not the special Halloween fireworks and parade people loved and the main reason some paid to go to the Halloween party in the past

I know it’s not apples to apples MNSSHP and Boo Bash but it’s also not apples to apples Boo Bash and an After Hours Event with no theme at a random time throughout the year
The parties with special fireworks causing MK to be insanely crowded 3 nights per week for years That everyone and their brother whined about here?

Not so Spooky is Not so Good, so it’s not a huge loss. I do like Wonderful Christmastime. I guess Minnie can wait a couple years.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Count your blessings. The Halloween fireworks were dumb anyway 😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

its a mass audience park/concept. this is how things get out of whack...by selling to the lowest common denominator. Most customers...even those that buy Halloween tickets...smell the rat here.
If it was just for 2021...you can ignore it. But there is zero evidence this won’t affect things going forward.

I’ll say it again: it’s not a “luxury” place and you don’t want block pricing!!! None of you/us.

The “I have my opinion” stuff hasn’t been a bit exposed yet? Now? This year?!?

flynnibus

Premium Member
For the 76th time, they will be offering fireworks before EVERY ONE OF THESE EVENTS. That’s why they start at 9:30 through Labor Day.

Other fireworks.. being planned independently of this event.. at a much higher priority too.

What's your thinking then on not running the party? We think people wanted an after hours event instead? You think after hours event is going to replace christmas party too?

ToTBellHop

Other fireworks.. being planned independently of this event.. at a much higher priority too.

What's your thinking then on not running the party? We think people wanted an after hours event instead? You think after hours event is going to replace christmas party too?
They do care about image. Starting your 50th with 3 nights of HEA per week is terrible optics. And yes, I expect a Jolly Jamboree or something similar. Next year, too, unless the 50th is a dud.

mgf

I read the releases and the thread but am unclear -- are regular park tickets also required? And if no, what time will admission start for non-day guests?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom