Disney After Hours BOO BASH

HarperRose

That's where I'm at. I already have park hoppers for every day of our stay since APs haven't come back. So I'm not as likely to buy this depending on price. I'm sure I can find someplace fun to watch the fireworks.
I know this is from pages back, but it needs to be clarified. You buy park hoppers once, that cover all your days. One charge covers all the days of your ticket. You aren't buying park hoppers for each individual day.

Dad 2 M & M

I would like to believe the Covid reasoning but when other parks are offering fireworks, night time shows and regular Halloween events it's hard to believe Covid is the reason. At some point Covid can longer be the excuse.

I'm amazed so many are accepting of this. Last year I would buy Covid as a reason but it's hard to now when other parks have been doing nighttime shows for awhile now. Their competition is doing the regular Halloween Horror Nights.
I don't know how many are really accepting it, but here in the SouthEast, many are a bit cautious to chime in covid is less of a concern....quickly labeled as a follower of one side

I know that is not what you meant.....

As far as Disney not offering; do they have to? Or will people come anyway?

**edit** btw, there are 4 schools in metro Atl, all in the same cluster (feed the same High School, including the High School) that have been shut down and are on vLearning for the remainder of the school term....the 4th of the schools was shut down the end of last week...

Last edited:

drizgirl

I would like to believe the Covid reasoning but when other parks are offering fireworks, night time shows and regular Halloween events it's hard to believe Covid is the reason. At some point Covid can longer be the excuse.

I'm amazed so many are accepting of this. Last year I would buy Covid as a reason but it's hard to now when other parks have been doing nighttime shows for awhile now. Their competition is doing the regular Halloween Horror Nights.
You don't think Disney is on the *far* more cautious end of the continuum with all of this? I think they're going to be far slower with heading back to semi-normal than other entertainment venues. Part of the reason I suppose is that attendance seems very strong with their current mitigation in place. I'm guessing they'll go with that until attendance softens. Perhaps the other venues are having more trouble getting attendance with mitigation and have gone a different direction with all of it.

Didn't say I like it. But I can see it.

We might be talking about a theme park in FL, but upper management is still located in CA.

HarperRose

You got booted out of the parks at 6 PM last year.

You got no special time with a reduced capacity like one gets with After Hours. You didn't get three hours of nearly walk-on access to rides. You absolutely did not get a free version of Disney After Hours.

You got no special parades or fireworks or stage shows like you get with a party night. You got no trick-or-treating.

The only thing you got was the Halloween themed cavalcades in place of the regular cavalcades. During the day. The park closed before nightfall.

It was a one-time pandemic bone thrown to people who showed up.

It's completely different.
Y'all know you can go to the grocery store and *buy* Halloween candy for a heck of a lot less than you're paying at MK...right?

Tomi-Rocket

So it’s basically not MNSSHP in name but essentially the same yet shorter in hours. Who else expects the prices to be much higher for less?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I know this is from pages back, but it needs to be clarified. You buy park hoppers once, that cover all your days. One charge covers all the days of your ticket. You aren't buying park hoppers for each individual day.

tip hat thank you GIF by Captain Obvious

Obviously. My point was that if I already spent money on park hoppers that cover my whole trip, I'm less likely to also buy a party ticket. But if I had my AP still it would be almost a no brained because I'm getting my value from the pass elsewhere and wouldn't feel bad dropping another $150 on the party.

Jrb1979

You don't think Disney is on the *far* more cautious end of the continuum with all of this? I think they're going to be far slower with heading back to semi-normal than other entertainment venues. Part of the reason I suppose is that attendance seems very strong with their current mitigation in place. I'm guessing they'll go with that until attendance softens. Perhaps the other venues are having more trouble getting attendance with mitigation and have gone a different direction with all of it.

Didn't say I like it. But I can see it.

We might be talking about a theme park in FL, but upper management is still located in CA.
Personally I think they're being too cautious now. Universal has no issue with attendance as many days have been at capacity. I think they are trying to see how little they can offer and how much people will pay for it. They know they can get away with it. Look at all the people excited for this. When the other Florida parks are offering their full Halloween events and Disney is still being cautious it says a lot.

What really blows my mind is people paying what will probably be close to the same as a day ticket for 3 hours of low wait times. Why not just hand your bank card to Disney?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So it’s basically not MNSSHP in name but essentially the same yet shorter in hours. Who else expects the prices to be much higher for less?

It's not MNSSHP.

There's no:
Fireworks
Parades
Meet and greets
4pm start

It's an after hours event where you can trick or treat. And hopefully that means they sell less tickets, because the party has become a crowded madhouse

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Personally I think they're being too cautious now. Universal has no issue with attendance as many days have been at capacity. I think they are trying to see how little they can offer and how much people will pay for it. They know they can get away with it. Look at all the people excited for this. When the other Florida parks are offering their full Halloween events and Disney is still being cautious it says a lot.

What really blows my mind is people paying what will probably be close to the same as a day ticket for 3 hours of low wait times. Why not just hand your bank card to Disney?

It all reminds me of that game we played as kids called Lemonade Tycoon... 😂😂

HarperRose

tip hat thank you GIF by Captain Obvious

Obviously. My point was that if I already spent money on park hoppers that cover my whole trip, I'm less likely to also buy a party ticket. But if I had my AP still it would be almost a no brained because I'm getting my value from the pass elsewhere and wouldn't feel bad dropping another $150 on the party.
I agree with you on that point.

The reason I clarified is because people reading along, but not commenting, could possibly be confused by the wording. :)

ToTBellHop

Y'all know you can go to the grocery store and *buy* Halloween candy for a heck of a lot less than you're paying at MK...right?
It’s not the same to my children. I can’t really put a price tag on my kids getting dressed up in the park. Trick or treating last year was done from inside a car. This will be a significant change for my kids who’ve largely had a year of childhood stolen. Buying a bag of candy at Walmart isn’t the same.

Upshot for us is our kids will be almost 9. A night in the park with short waits and candy sounds perfect to them, and I expect we will see fireworks before the event in October.

Wife and I are already planning our costumes lol

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It’s not the same to my children. I can’t really put a price tag on my kids getting dressed up in the park. Trick or treating last year was done from inside a car. This will be a significant change for my kids who’ve largely had a year of childhood stolen. Buying a bag of candy at Walmart isn’t the same.

Upshot for us is our kids will be almost 9. A night in the park with short waits and candy sounds perfect to them, and I expect we will see fireworks before the event in October.

Wife and I are already planning our costumes lol

I agree with this. We found that out last year when trick or treating was cancelled. It's just not the same for kids.

ToTBellHop

I agree with this. We found that out last year when trick or treating was cancelled. It's just not the same for kids.
My kids don’t even love candy that much. A few pieces and they’re done. They do, however, reminisce about that time we were all Incredibles in MK.
6CBEE088-BDCD-42D4-8657-6B8F0A15B838.jpeg

4B703331-EA4F-4379-80BE-D9C8314CB644.jpeg

Turns out we never knew how powerful Disney nostalgia was for us until we didn’t have access.

The castle used to be blue.

Tomi-Rocket

It's not MNSSHP.

There's no:
Fireworks
Parades
Meet and greets
4pm start

It's an after hours event where you can trick or treat. And hopefully that means they sell less tickets, because the party has become a crowded madhouse
Yes, it has. And I expect tickets to sell like crazy. I’m pretty much done with the Halloween and Christmas parties due to price and crowds now. 👎🏻.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yes, it has. And I expect tickets to sell like crazy. I’m pretty much done with the Halloween and Christmas parties due to price and crowds now. 👎🏻.

I expect them to sell like crazy too. I meant that since they're selling this as an after hours event not a party, and selling it as a way to ride with short wait times, I'm hoping it means they don't sell as many tickets. Like, there aren't as many tickets available to buy. They let less people in the park.

Tomi-Rocket

I expect them to sell like crazy too. I meant that since they're selling this as an after hours event not a party, and selling it as a way to ride with short wait times, I'm hoping it means they don't sell as many tickets. Like, there aren't as many tickets available to buy. They let less people in the park.
I will hope so for the people interested to go...everything is so much more tolerable, fun, and enjoyable with less crowds, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom