News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

preludevtec01

I just did after hours apart of deluxe resort extended hours. And galaxys edge was temporarily closed for the entire duration...

Years and years ago, went to a MK afterhours shindig thingy. Main reason was to ride SM over and over. It was our little ones favorite at the time. It stayed closed the entire evening. We were so bummed. Snow White was closed a majority of the evening as well. The afterhours/parties were a value back in the day, I don't think so anymore. Even more so with attractions being hit or miss being opened.

fgmnt

I think the After Hours events are less obtrusive and unhealthy for the parks than the parties. They’re out of season and they don’t affect normal operating hours. Shutting down the castle park 4/7 days during peak season to provide what i have always considered a poor value proposition to be bad for everyone on property.

bmr1591

So my wife tried calling to purchase tickets for the first After Hours at MK. We'll be staying on site during that stay and thought we'd be able to purchase. And we can, kind of. They won't let us use our AP discount over the phone. The lady keeps saying she isn't allowed to give us that, even though it's clearly available to passholders. I guess we'll just have to wait until next week and hope it doesn't sell out. I don't think it will, since I'm sure the vloggers who are going to want to fill that party up are locals not staying on site, but she'd be crushed if it did.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Squishy

Tickets go on general sale for Disney After Hours at EPCOT, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom in 2024​

Same price as jollywood nights but without the entertainment
Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

TheMaxRebo

Get popcorn, ice cream novelties, and soda included though!

I do think if one treats Jollywood like an After Hours and focuses on doing rides and mix in a show or two you can have a good time. Probably is if you focused largely in the stuff they promoted for Jollywood it gets dicey

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But with less people.

The focus isn't on extra entertainment, but going on the rides, pretty much with all of them being walk-ons.

At one DAK after hours, I rode FoP 12 times in a row. It would have been more except for the 5 minute walk to exit and get back on.

Squishy

But with less people.

The focus isn't on extra entertainment, but going on the rides, pretty much with all of them being walk-ons.

At one DAK after hours, I rode FoP 12 times in a row. It would have been more except for the 5 minute walk to exit and get back on.
Jollywood had rides walk on as well but could've been a one day thing with most people stuck in food/entertainment lines.

Jeff456

Not sure if anyone can answer the question or has experience. I bought an AP in September 23 when we were last at WDW, we already had UK tickets at the time so did not activate it my next trip back is the 1st of February where we will activate it at Epcot that morning. Is it possible to book AP discounted tickets now to the MK After hours on that day as my passes will then be activated that morning? In buying the tickets will that start my AP from today? Essentially I want to ensure my AP does not start until the 1st of February as otherwise I won't be able to go in December 2024 as I am not spending another $700ish dollars each on UK tickets.

Tuvalu

Not sure if anyone can answer the question or has experience. I bought an AP in September 23 when we were last at WDW, we already had UK tickets at the time so did not activate it my next trip back is the 1st of February where we will activate it at Epcot that morning. Is it possible to book AP discounted tickets now to the MK After hours on that day as my passes will then be activated that morning? In buying the tickets will that start my AP from today? Essentially I want to ensure my AP does not start until the 1st of February as otherwise I won't be able to go in December 2024 as I am not spending another $700ish dollars each on UK tickets.
Your AP won’t activate until your first use into a park.

In order to purchase the tickets online you need to have activated your AP in order to access the Passholder prices, as MDE makes you log in to check for Passholder status.

You can call Disney to explain your situation. They will see your voucher purchase and may be able to override the system for an After Hours ticket purchase.

The AP discount for the event on Feb 1 is $30 plus tax.

Jeff456

Your AP won’t activate until your first use into a park.

In order to purchase the tickets online you need to have activated your AP in order to access the Passholder prices, as MDE makes you log in to check for Passholder status.

You can call Disney to explain your situation. They will see your voucher purchase and may be able to override the system for an After Hours ticket purchase.

The AP discount for the event on Feb 1 is $30 plus tax.
Thanks interestingly it let me do it online and took payment.. ticket is still pending though so I wonder if it may be reversed. Problem with calling is from the UK it is likely to be a very expensive call. Thanks for the information :)

Figments Friend

Whelp, I’m in town the second week of January so Mickey has my money for the first MK ‘After Hours’ Event on the 11th.
First time attending one of these, believe it or not.
Well, unless you count the old very missed original ‘E-Ticket Nights’.
Those were fantastic.

Really, really hope the place is not overflowing with the local vloggers since it will be the first night.
Not really seeing a need for their oversaturated presence that evening..…I mean, nothing ‘new’ will be happening that I am aware of.
But you know vloggers….
😑

If I hear one blabbering away near me while I am trying to enjoy the moment I am going to dump my free complimentary popcorn over their head.
And then of course go get another popcorn since it’s all you can eat snackies during the Event!
😁

-

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Duffy is one of the characters at the DHS event, for those that care. Blog Mickey is there tonight and they posted him. Their tweet also indicated there seem to be a significantly greater numbers of characters at the event this year.

bmr1591

Duffy is one of the characters at the DHS event, for those that care. Blog Mickey is there tonight and they posted him. Their tweet also indicated there seem to be a significantly greater numbers of characters at the event this year.

Do we expect a lot of characters tonight? It’s my first time at AH in MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom