Disney actually LOWERS some prices!

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I just got finished updating all the resort prices on my site, and they even lowered some of the resort rooms (mostly the moderates and down) a few bucks, compared to last year.

disneydentist

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
Great Disney is lowering prices. However, for an entertainment venu, I have never found their prices to be high but rather middle of the road for such venues.

I would be suprised to see them actually lowering prices and still offering the same quantites of beverage for the lower price. If I had to guess here, I would bet that the new $2.00 bottle of soda will be of the half litre variety. The half litre is 16.9 ounces of soda per bottle vs. the current 20 ounces at 2.50. On a per ounce basis, the smaller bottle, if indeed selling for $2.00, would give the end purchaser a discount of about 0.67 cents per ounce. Just to clarify this is not a 67 cent discount but 67/100 of a penny discount.

I am sure after many studies marketing folks have found that this slighly less soda in the bottle will encourage folks to buy another soda or two during the course of the day. There is probalby an inventory storage factor to the entire equation that benefits the company as well.

This would not be a new practice as other companies have been doing this for the last 20 years or so on a frequent basis. For those of you who buy pet food, check your 5 lb bag of dry food. While the bag is still the same size as the old 5 lb bag, the contents have been reduced to about 4.7 lbs. It is effectively a price increase for the company because the new lighter 5 lb bag sells for the same prices as the older heavier 5 lb bag. There are many other products using the same scenario, I just used this one because of my familiarity with the pet food industry.

The marketing folks spend a lot of time researching the price points at which consumers will be comfortable purchasing a given product. After, reaching the price points there job then becomes how to best acheive maximum sales and profitability while still convincing the consumer that the value of the product is the same.

I'll be very surprised if the scenario you propose isn't the correct one.

Originally posted by disneydentist
I'll be very surprised if the scenario you propose isn't the correct one.

20 ounces of soda is too much anyway, so I'm certainly in favor of the change, even if the soda sizes shrink.

Besides, once you get over $2.00, you enter the area where people feel they're being gouged. You just don't feel that way if the prices are a little lower.

Not a bad piece of news, it makes Disney look like less of a gouger to their captive audience, making for a more positive overall experience.

KathyG/poohbear

Well, Paramounts Carowinds in Charlotte, NC charges $3.50 for a bottled soda if you go to a concert in the Paladium there. I always tell them that I find it strange they charge more than Disney. :lol:

WDWspider

Originally posted by KathyG/poohbear
Well, Paramounts Carowinds in Charlotte, NC charges $3.50 for a bottled soda if you go to a concert in the Paladium there. I always tell them that I find it strange they charge more than Disney. :lol:

I think most any Concert/Entertainment Complex will have ultra high prices on everything... including Movie Theatres ($4 for an Icee-- come on). It's almost pointless that they are associated with Carowinds cause any venue like this does the same thing.

durhay

Originally posted by FourFourSeven
20 ounces of soda is too much anyway, so I'm certainly in favor of the change, even if the soda sizes shrink.

:eek: WHAT? That sounds un-American to me.:animwink: That's like saying there's too much oxygen on the planet. Why don't you just ask them not to fill it up all the way so there's more for the rest of us? (Assuming you buy fountain pop, not bottled)

Originally posted by adr315
Thats relative to the person.... i could probably drink 2 or 3 20ounce sodas if im real thirsty......
Yeah, but you probably shouldn't... ;)

Originally posted by durhay
...Why don't you just ask them not to fill it up all the way so there's more for the rest of us?

Hee hee. If they'd charge me even less, I would. Make is $1.00 for a 12 ounce can, and I'm in heaven...

kennyj29

sURE THEY WAIT UNTIL I LEAVE!!! LOL.......I'M THRILLED, YOU GET SO THIRSTY THERE. NOW, LET'S WORK ON SOME OF THE SOUVENIERS!!! OKAY BUT I HAVE TO AGREE, I HAVE SEASON TICKETS TO HOCKEY AND THE WATER AND SODA ARE 3.50, THE BEER IS 6.25 SO ACTUALLY DISNEY WASN'T TOO, TOO BAD!!

SirNim

Originally posted by dopey
Depends how lumpy you like your water. :)
Ah... *as an excuse* the Minerals in the lumpy waters of WDW are very refreshing and very good for your metabolism... They cleanse your body and soul and heal the mind and quench your thirst - not just for a drink...
:animwink:

*stops commercial ad advertising the lumpy waters of WDW so that that company (WDW) would gain profit...*

:lol: :D :)

:rolleyes:

wannabeBelle

Hey Mobile!!! I know I saw the prices on some of the resorts were lowered!!! I had to look twice and double check Disney's own website. I thought someone made a BIG typo!!! As previously said, maybe they are looking to appear like they are giving you more value for your hard earned vacation buck!! Belle

Tim G

Re: Re: Re: Disney actually LOWERS some prices!

Originally posted by spider-man
Regular Mr. Anti-Disney basher today aren't we... I mean no harm. ;)

Did something really bad happen at Disney recently to you?
Yep!!!

Paid too much for water :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom