Disney 50th on Yahoo!

BWG22

Original Poster
Just thought I'd let all you know, Yahoo! is now running advertisements for Disney's 50th. I don't think I need to give a link to the site.:rolleyes:

CaptainMichael

Looks like Walt Disney World will be celebrating its 50th twice with the way they market the celebration. All of the television commercials I've seen represent Walt Disney World. Disneyland is rarely mentioned.

BWG22

Original Poster
I guess they want more of the tourists to hit up WDW since it's the biggest of the resorts. I think they should at least mention Disneyland since I'm sure there are people out there who are unaware of the 50th Celebration coming up.

Woody13

BWG22 said:
I guess they want more of the tourists (guests) to hit up (spend megabucks) WDW since it's the biggest (and the best) of (all) the resorts. I think they should at least mention Disneyland (the very small experiment) since I'm sure there are people out there (California) who are unaware (no doubt) of the 50th Celebration coming up.
Just wanted to make a few minor corrections.:lol:

Austin1

Wow Im impresed!!! I bet that add only cost as much as the whole castle makeover (hahaa)...maybe more. Very nice move on Disney's part I must say!

Real_Epcot_Fan

Woody13 said:
Just wanted to make a few minor corrections.:lol:

While i love both WDW and Disneyland, and just have been once to Disneyland on summer 2001, and 13 trips to WDW, Disneyland is NOT AT ALL a very small experiment, and while WDW has more theme parks and total attractions and is awesome, the atmosphere of WDW is notging compared to the one at Disneyland, Cause at Anaheim is even wayyyy more magical than at WDW, is almost like you feel the spirit of Mr. Disney since you go thru the main Gates and read the Dedication of Disneyland, in his real one and only park that he ever built and experienced and left his heart at. So I am not so sure that WDW is soooo much better than Disneyland, Bigger sure Better no way. I have gone more to WDW because is closer to Venezuela and a lot cheaper from plane tickets to the stay, cause in Orlando the last several years i stay at an aunts house. But i hope to go to Disneyland on fall, so i can celebrate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland and at the same time enjoy the Halloween at Knott´s Berry Farm.

And that letting aside the fact of the weather, in Anaheim is so sunny, and is much more difficult and strange thunderstors and raininings compared with Orlando, not Orlando´s fault but just a lil detail that makes even more pleasent the stay at Disneyland.

And about the Disneyland Resort at Tokyo and at Paris i cant make an opinion because i havent been there, but i would love to visit both specially the Tokyo one cause is supposed to be the better lately because Oriental Land Company takes care of most costs, so dont know if its better than WDW or not, would love to experience it and opinate.

General Grizz

It actually looks very nice... at least Disneyland park. ;) I hope to visit before the end of the 50th.

DLP Fan: the ad would be available above the news on the right hand side of www.yahoo.com - it's still there for me.

se8472

DLP Fan said:
Feel like a total idiot but I can not find the Disney adverts! Any help?

its right up ont he upper right hand side of the main yahoo.com web site.

As for no Disneyland, I thought it was where you lived depended on what ad you might get. I don't think the people in Cally are getting the WDW commercials...I could be wrong. :cool:

chris15358

Different states...Different advertisements

The reasons some of you may be seeing commercials for WDW celebrating the 50th anniversary is because you live in states in which you are more likely to visit Orlando rather than Anaheim. Disney utilizes multiple advertisements (one geared towards DL, the other geared towards WDW) and airs them in different markets. Those of you in the western states are probably seeing DL related advertisements.

Yahoo has the ability to do the same thing that television networks can do. Because so many people use Yahoo, they have the technology that can enable advertisers to reach online users based on their zipcodes, states, or regions with different advertising creative. So those of you in the western states might log onto yahoo.com and see advertisements for DL rather than WDW. It all just depends on how Disney is efficiently utilizing their advertising dollars.

Now, Disney may have chosen to advertise WDW nationally because if you think about it, DL can't handle a tremendous amount of visitors. Think about it...WDW has 4 theme parks, 2 water parks and thousands of hotel rooms. DL can't accomodate an influx of 1000s of additional consumers. Disney is a very smart marketer and they employ very well respected advertising agencies to handle their marketing. They're doing what is best for business as well as getting the entire country and world excited about this wonderful anniversary. I say kudos to Disney for doing a great job so far!

Number_6

chris15358 said:
Yahoo has the ability to do the same thing that television networks can do. Because so many people use Yahoo, they have the technology that can enable advertisers to reach online users based on their zipcodes, states, or regions with different advertising creative. So those of you in the western states might log onto yahoo.com and see advertisements for DL rather than WDW. It all just depends on how Disney is efficiently utilizing their advertising dollars.

I just changed my Yahoo info to be consistent with Anaheim, CA and ended up getting the WDW-based advertisement anyway. I doesn't have anything to do with my IP because I used to get ads for things in MA where I used to live until I changed things over to Florida on a couple of sites. Then the ads on those sites changed to being related to Florida. So it looks like they are just utilizing the WDW ads.

Laura

Premium Member
I liked the ad. I gave it positive feedback on Yahoo. It seems unfair that Disneyland isn't getting a lot of media attention, but I'm sure the Disney company would prefer that guests go to WDW rather than Disneyland just because there is more opportunity for guests to spend money at WDW.

se8472

Number_6 said:
I just changed my Yahoo info to be consistent with Anaheim, CA and ended up getting the WDW-based advertisement anyway. I doesn't have anything to do with my IP because I used to get ads for things in MA where I used to live until I changed things over to Florida on a couple of sites. Then the ads on those sites changed to being related to Florida. So it looks like they are just utilizing the WDW ads.

Or your IP is still in an area that gets WDW ads. Just my 2 cents :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom