Disney’s Q3 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Q: What about NBA renewal? And what about sports betting? And how's cruise demand?

A: Bob -- NBA... we'd like to renew, but only if not too expensive. We're not going to overspend for any rights.

Bob -- Betting... we're working on it. The under 30 crowd demand it. Announcement coming...

Christine -- Cruises... we now have 5 ships. Cruising was most disrupted by the pandemic. Historically, it was a cash cow. We expect it to come back to that.
I support them holding the line on the nba…which means it’s going back to nbc/Comcast

Did they cancel the two dcl ships? I say build, baby, build

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bob on reservations -

We have a reservation system which now enables us, essentially, realtime, on the fly, to change whatever factors we need in terms of ticket packaging that we want. Where, years ago, we didn't have that. We published prices by the quarter and that was, essentially, all the flexibility we had.

I should also remind you that our reservation system really does a great job spreading demand. If we see any spikiness, we can smooth that in a way we couldn't before and we're real please we did that.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
What is the financial outlook?

Bob -

tenor.gif

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Bob on reservations -

We have a reservation system which now enables us, essentially, realtime, on the fly, to change whatever factors we need in terms of ticket packaging that we want. Where, years ago, we didn't have that. We published prices by the quarter and that was, essentially, all the flexibility we had.

I should also remind you that our reservation system really does a great job spreading demand. If we see any spikiness, we can smooth that in a way we couldn't before and we're real please we did that.
Translation - this is never going away

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Q: Parks.... parks are evolving... seems positioned to survive recession... yes?...
Also international stuff.

A: Bob: more than pent-up demand, people prefer Disney and will pay for it.

Bob mentioned again that capping attendance is important for guest satisfaction.

And now, we have surge pricing which can be adjusted any way, even lowering prices to encourage attendance.

And Genie... up to 50% buy into it.

Christine: Foreign exchange hedging program to control stability.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bob on reservations -

This should be pinned on every park thread
…especially the ones that are “convinced” that reservations are going away and they are bringing back Lazypass+
Did he just say 50% penetration on Genie+!?!?!?
Is that suprising?

Shouldn’t be at all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom