Disney’s Q3 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

the simpsons eye GIF

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Apprently inflation has pushed me into that category. Or, more realistically, it's my desire to not have Disney's hand in my wallet trying to extract money at an ever-increasing rate. ;)

pdude81

I can't even figure out how all this works. I have the Disney+ bundle, but it only shows me the 13.99 option. Over at Hulu I have a regular subscription, which gets deducted from my Disney+ bundle price, but on that end it shows the $20 option. I'm guessing if I dump the DisneyPlus side and do all my bundling from the hulu side it will keep the same logins.

CaptainAmerica

I can't even figure out how all this works. I have the Disney+ bundle, but it only shows me the 13.99 option. Over at Hulu I have a regular subscription, which gets deducted from my Disney+ bundle price, but on that end it shows the $20 option. I'm guessing if I dump the DisneyPlus side and do all my bundling from the hulu side it will keep the same logins.
The price hike isn't effective until December and the ad tier turns on shortly before that.

CaptainAmerica

Ok perfect. That gives me some time to figure this out. I honestly didn't know it would only be $6 more to knock out ads on hulu anyway.
If you like Hulu and like Disney+, I think the ad free bundle is a great value. I tried it out not knowing if I'd like Hulu but I ended up loving it so I kept it and cancelled Netflix.

mightynine

I'm on the 3-year plan and added the Disney Bundle a while back, figuring I'd go ahead and put it in place for when it runs out later this year. I do have to manage that on the Hulu side.

Based on the fact the price increase doesn't kick in until December, I'm considering moving my Live TV sub from Youtube TV to Hulu since I'd save around $10 a month. YTTV is $65 and the bundle would be $14 after the 3-year deal discount ends so that's $79 a month. If I go to Hulu with Live TV, it would be $69. And if I do it now, I'd keep the D+ ad-free with the grandfathered rate, right?

Vegas Disney Fan

It's a win win to have the ad tier and a new higher tier. The ad tier is the same as the current pricing so:

• Some people will switch to the ad tier. So the income will be whatever it currently is + ad revenue
  • Some people willswitcg to the higher tier, meaning more monthly income
They'll get more income with this as everyone across the board brings in more revenue.

Option C - some people will cancel due to the ever increasing cost.

This seems to be Disneys business model for everything now, raise prices a strategic amount every year where the revenue from customers lost is more than offset by those who remain but are now paying more.

Great short term strategy, horrible long term strategy, eventually the’ll run out of people who will pay the never ending price increases (like Netflix).

Vegas Disney Fan

If you like Hulu and like Disney+, I think the ad free bundle is a great value. I tried it out not knowing if I'd like Hulu but I ended up loving it so I kept it and cancelled Netflix.

We had the (soon to end) 3 year D23 D+ plan and also paid for ESPN+ separately so it was essentially the same price to go to the plan with Hulu (with ads), I wasn’t sure if I’d watch Hulu but I currently watch it more than D+ or ESPN+.

The problem with all streaming services is eventually you run out of old shows to watch and the value is lost. I suspect by next year I’ll have exhausted the Hulu library also and will have to (once again) decide if it’s worth the cost.

The NHL being on ESPN+ is the one thing that’s likely to keep me as a long term subscriber, if I’m paying $8 a month for ESPN+ alone it makes bundling Hulu and D+ pretty good value for an extra $6. If they ever lose the NHL I’ll probably drop them all though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom