Disney’s Q3 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

Kamikaze

This analogy doesn’t scale up. When dealing with two bartenders you are correct. With dealing with a workforce of hundreds of housekeepers it doesn’t apply. Even if you did cut the workforce by half that doesn’t mean you suddenly have days with 0 housekeepers. It means you suddenly have days with 900 housekeepers instead of 1800.
It does 'scale up' because you still have the same number of rooms to service. You aren't cutting those in half because you only have half the staff. You can't factor in the 'they're only doing every other night' because they're doing that whether or not they're at 100% staffing.

peter11435

It does 'scale up' because you still have the same number of rooms to service. You aren't cutting those in half because you only have half the staff. You can't factor in the 'they're only doing every other night' because they're doing that whether or not they're at 100% staffing.
Pre Covid they provided daily housekeeping unless guests declined. Currently it’s generally every other day and even then it’s not the full service the was previously provided. The level of housekeeping provided currently is significantly below what was provided when they were at 100% staffing. So no, they do not have the same number of rooms to service. And the service itself is scaled back. Previously every occupied room needed serviced every day. Currently only check in rooms and a percentage of occupied rooms need serviced each day. And occupied rooms recieve a cliff notes version of service. Also they are struggling to clean them in a timely manner which is why guests at all resorts are often finding their rooms not available until well after checkin time. Sometimes as late as 7pm.

Lilofan

There’s more evidence than not that disney holds back rooms….have done it for years. Even before Covid occasionally would have rooms out of service if it was a slower part of the year etc.
I’ve stayed when occupancy was slow. Pile up all the guests in Coronado Casitas and close up Ranchos and Casitas .

FutureCEO

That’s about when I dropped Netflix and Prime also, under $10 a month was a great deal, over $10 (along with a dozen other $10 subscriptions) is much harder to justify.
'

Prime is the worse. I've watched two movies, a tv show that I didn't finish but looking forward to Lord of the Ring. Prime also makes people buy more (which causes other places to have cheaper free shipping and whatnot) which is not that great for the world but it's ending soon anyway so.

CaptainAmerica

As in on fire from the presentations on future expansion or the building from unhappy guests? lol
- MagicBand 3 announced
- Galaxy's Edge to receive a retheme featuring characters and settings exclusively from The Last Jedi
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: Presented by Disney+ to become the official soundtrack of Harambe Village
- Genie+ to be discounted to only $15 per day for Disney+ subscribers
- TRON Lightcycle Run to open Fall 2023
- Peter Pan's Flight to be replaced by Disney Junior VR Experience

Br0ckford

- MagicBand 3 announced
- Galaxy's Edge to receive a retheme featuring characters and settings exclusively from The Last Jedi
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: Presented by Disney+ to become the official soundtrack of Harambe Village
We can only hope these come true. 😉

ctrlaltdel

- MagicBand 3 announced
Woah, woah, woah. Let's not go crazy here. They don't want to kill their hardest-core fans from excitement.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
- MagicBand 3 announced

All spot-on, except Tron. They'll probably open it "Summer 2023". ;)

Anyone else have the feeling that they will eventually try to tie more things in the parks to D+ subscriptions?

fgmnt

They have billions of reasons NOT to invest in the parks. The sheep think everything is great and keep giving Disney their money, why spend a penny on them?
While I do agree with this most of the time, there is some pretzel logic you can take here: as strong as the streaming has been for their stock, its growth rate is going to taper over the next 3 years. Meanwhile at parks and resorts, they can keep turning up the dial but also have some sense of how many customers they might be leaving on the table with capacity where they are.

If you want to grow the company over the next 5 years, domestic parks is where to do it.

mikejs78

Premium Member
All spot-on, except Tron. They'll probably open it "Summer 2023". ;)

Anyone else have the feeling that they will eventually try to tie more things in the parks to D+ subscriptions?
Oh they absolutely will. I suspect that future hotel discounts won't be available to the general public (unless demand is really low). You'll have discounts for AP, Disney Visa cardholders, and Disney+ subscribers.

mikejs78

Premium Member
While I do agree with this most of the time, there is some pretzel logic you can take here: as strong as the streaming has been for their stock, its growth rate is going to taper over the next 3 years. Meanwhile at parks and resorts, they can keep turning up the dial but also have some sense of how many customers they might be leaving on the table with capacity where they are.

If you want to grow the company over the next 5 years, domestic parks is where to do it.

This is absolutely true. One thing I think they have learned (based on conversations I've had with some people here) is that, after gate prices, there's diminishing marginal returns on adding people to the parks - once you get to a certain point, revenue per guest starts to decline while costs go up. That's why they're limiting capacity still.

The key to growth for them at this point is in increasing capacity by building. And I think they may have finally learned that. They'll never be able to catch up from the lost 15 years, but at least they'll hopefully go in the right direction.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Given their recent building timelines, I don't like the odds of anything significant happening in that timeframe. But I'm sure Bob will make a visit and point to where some more recent movie IP can go...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom