Disney’s Q3 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm surprised folks aren't making more about the "unfavorable attendance mix" comment / statement yesterday. It's been clear since the pandemic that the leadership has harbored a contempt for some time towards APs, favoring day ticket purchasers, but they're now saying the quiet part out loud.
It's never been a secret. When you explain variances, you explain them in terms of volume and rate. At Disney Parks, rate is a function of price and mix.

pdude81

I think they more or less solved any AP problems by having reservation limits and charging for the line skip program. In WDW I would think they should still really like passholders. Either you buy DVC to get the Sorcerer pass, or you pay full freight on Incredipass. Non residents, that is.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Hold on to your butts.
9BB73C96-165F-4DA3-B0DA-63BF3180F462.jpeg

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'm surprised folks aren't making more about the "unfavorable attendance mix" comment / statement yesterday. It's been clear since the pandemic that the leadership has harbored a contempt for some time towards APs, favoring day ticket purchasers, but they're now saying the quiet part out loud.

I think they more or less solved any AP problems by having reservation limits and charging for the line skip program. In WDW I would think they should still really like passholders. Either you buy DVC to get the Sorcerer pass, or you pay full freight on Incredipass. Non residents, that is.

This is specifically a Disneyland thing. They prefer day guests even at WDW, but passholders in FL spend more than passholders in CA...

Kamikaze

Its part of the larger statement about the per-guest spending. Its 'unfavorable' to that number. An AP is not spending anything on tickets 'per day' so the average per guest drops a ton when one enters.

They aren't really saying 'we don't like AP holders' even though its kinda true, they only like them for the initial pile of cash.

mightynine

And even the CFO, turning away for a moment about her concern over our waistlines, mentioned that basically if a recession caused day guests to pull back, there would be a loosening of blackout dates for APs to take up the spending slack.

I wouldn't be surprised if an AP holder took offense to the idea that the company basically sees you less as a customer to be served and more as a spigot to be turned on to meet quarterly goals, after you give them a not unsubstantial pile of cash.

A comment like that made me quite glad I didn't renew.

Tha Realest

And even the CFO, turning away for a moment about her concern over our waistlines, mentioned that basically if a recession caused day guests to pull back, there would be a loosening of blackout dates for APs to take up the spending slack.
I'm sure the Disney lawyers defending the AP class action suit weren't happy to hear that.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Dark Bob?
Bob is like Roman Reigns circa 2018. They want him to be the face of the company but the fans just aren't having it. If he went full heel he could finally beat Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam.

I wouldn't be surprised if an AP holder took offense to the idea that the company basically sees you less as a customer to be served and more as a spigot to be turned on to meet quarterly goals.

A comment like that made me quite glad I didn't renew.
She's the CFO. Her job is to talk to investors about CFO-things. I find absolutely nothing objectionable in her comments.

VJ

because this is the WDW forum - that comment was directed at DLR

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
But it's relevant given the paused sales of WDW APs, no? Clearly the institutional animus isn't isolated to DL APs
It's not "animus." It's COMPLETELY normal finance language.

If Ford sells 100 small cars and 200 trucks in 2021, then they sell 200 small cars and 100 trucks in 2022, they're going to talk about "unfavorable vehicle mix" in their earnings release. The company has to explain how their performance has changed versus the prior period.

Did we have more or less people? Did they spend more or less money per person?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom