Disney’s Q2 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry not good enough. I’m not going to let you two clowns call me a racist.

You don’t know crap about me.

Be better.
I’m gonna let you in on a secret:
I didn’t even see the exchange that started between the 4 of you…

It was flagged and discussed by the elders…

Do you care or should you? Probably not…but the take away is it was being “somewhat widely perceived” as a charged line of thinking…

Am I wrong? Others?
Maybe…Quite possible…

But “do better” is probably the best thing you said here.

cranbiz

I don't agree with you on much, but I would also agree that she would be an excellent leader. While on the same hand, I don't think she can run the day-to-day operations of a company so large and diverse. Just my opinion.
She is a creative and has built one heck of an entertainment empire. She understands the business and it's customers. With the right team behind her, she would probably do a darn fine job with TWDC. She would also be appealing to many of the employees and CM's.

She certainly couldn't be worse than Chapek.

Trauma

I’m gonna let you in on a secret:
I didn’t even see the exchange that started between the 4 of you…

It was flagged and discussed by the elders…

Do you care or should you? Probably not…but the take away is it was being “widely perceived” as a charged line of thinking…

Am I wrong? Others?
Maybe…Quite possible…

But “do better” is probably the best thing you said here.
I don’t know what this means Walter but I freaking assure you I meant what I said.

It is time for Disney to move in a new direction with new leadership and vision.

I think an African American CEO can bring a lot to the table that the company is missing.

I get it I’m a conservative and I can’t possibly mean that right ?

I just dress in white hoods with torches and crap.

BlakeW39

I thought the writing on She-Hulk was lacking, but the show was a perfect representation of the character. If you have an issue with the character, its one that goes back more then 40 years.

What??? No it wasn't. She-Hulk in the comics is an inoffensive and primarily comedic character, funnily enough popular with young male readers.... and not to get political but the primary reasons people hate the show was its criticisms of and mean spirited resentment for the opposite sex.

"MEN!!!! MEN!!!!!"

^^^ Actual dialogue from the show. Not representative of the comic book character.

In the Parks
No
1683842269448.png

I liked it better when we were talking about the actual topic of this thread and not racism.

Casper Gutman

What??? No it wasn't. She-Hulk in the comics is an inoffensive and primarily comedic character, funnily enough popular with young male readers.... and not to get political but the primary reasons people hate the show was its criticisms of and mean spirited resentment for the opposite sex.

"MEN!!!! MEN!!!!!"

^^^ Actual dialogue from the show. Not representative of the comic book character.
Nope. I actually just read She-Hulk's runs in Avengers and Fantastic Four in the 80s. The TV depiction is quite accurate. What's new is the sensitivity.

Trauma

She is a creative and has built one heck of an entertainment empire. She understands the business and it's customers. With the right team behind her, she would probably do a darn fine job with TWDC. She would also be appealing to many of the employees and CM's.

She certainly couldn't be worse than Chapek.
Thank you
View attachment 715742
I liked it better when we were talking about the actual topic of this thread and not racism.
Yeah it’s my fault 100%.

If has been explained to me in PM.

When I said that a Black CEO can’t be worse than Iger that was apparently taken the wrong way.

What I meant that since Iger is the worst CEO possible that of course they would be better, anyone would.

I was trying to make a suggestion while taking a shot at Iger, and I guess it came out wrong.

I assure you that I think it would be a great idea if the next CEO was a PoC and thats what I meant.

Also Iger sucks.

BlakeW39

Nope. I actually just read She-Hulk's runs in Avengers and Fantastic Four in the 80s. The TV depiction is quite accurate. What's new is the sensitivity.

Lol what do you mean nope, provide scans then. It's been a while since I've read her stuff but the show depicted her as a resentful and bitter person, something she isn't the comics. The cliche "sensitivity" argument also isn't compelling because I can read those FF comics and not get any of the palpable negativity one can find in the show.

Trauma

I think, to take this thread in a more positive direction, we should all just think about how happy we are that Michael Iger isn't David Zaslav.

Things can always be worse!
So can we talk about Zelda?

David Zaslav did not make Zelda.

You can give it another chance.

Nubs70

It took 20 years and that’s their only business.

The idiot bobs smirked they’d be making ridiculous cash like next year?

Comcast sells overpriced internet.

The problem with a “content” company is it’s all you got.
…and parks you only want to build timeshares at…nothing actually covered by a ticket
I really wonder if Chapek went to work that morning that he would be named CEO by the time he got in his car that night.

I honestly thin Iger called him over and said " step.aroind this curtain, we need to talk." Then Holy Sh*t, I'm CEO.

cranbiz

I really wonder if Chapek went to work that morning that he would be named CEO by the time he got in his car that night.

I honestly thin Iger called him over and said " step.aroind this curtain, we need to talk." Then Holy Sh*t, I'm CEO.
Once again, the man behind the curtain screwed up.

Slpy3270

Are you MAD??? Zaslav is a nightmare. Putting aside the Batgirl mess, he's erasing huge amounts of shows for small financial gains... and it is erasing, because many of the shows he's pulling from HBOMax and burying have no physical media release, so they can now only be viewed illegally. He's absolutely AWFUL to creators, significantly worse then the other studios. He's steering even harder then Disney into a sole focus on exploiting a very narrow number of IPs like Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings (which doesn't lend itself to that kind of exploitation). His view of what's marketable is so narrow, he isn't particularly interested in any DC characters beyond Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. He is the WORST caricature of a modern entertainment CEO imaginable.

It's even worse than that. If this former Cartoon Network staffer's word is anything to go by, he's pretty much gutted Cartoon Network to a mere brand and nothing else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom