Disney’s Q2 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

pdude81

Correct me if I’m wrong but Disney doesn’t run every ride at full capacity still right?, I’ve been seeing that usually one train per ride will be running or that sometimes two our of three elevator shafts in tower of terror are running, when they talk about capacity that’s the first thing that pops up in my mind, I gathered that Magic kingdom’s full capacity was close to 70k in guests but they still haven’t hit that full number other wise mine train will have 3 mine carts running, etc,etc. I saw a while back how the queue times were inflated, when i got in line the times were like 45% faster than the posted times because I started a timer every queue I got in, pirates was inflated for 90 minutes but from start to loading the boats it was 25 minutes, same with all the other rides as an example.

Even with the virtual queues for Cosmic rewind will help with controlling this. IDDK, rather than Cast Members it always felt like it was to keep their ride maintenance down by a lot.
Half of ToT is down for maintenance. The rest is more of an urban legend, although they often won't start up both sides of BTMR for 20 minutes in the morning. I have no idea why that is and would love someone to explain it to me.

There are still fewer operators and that slows some things down. Fewer attractions so more people per attraction, etc. They inflate wait times but I think it's partially because they are guessing based on outstanding LL's that haven't tapped yet and overestimating slightly to reduce guest anger. I don't think this is a dirty trick to get our money. They get it anyway

pdude81

That sounds an awful like the strategy of keep betting on red.
passenger571.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Correct me if I’m wrong but Disney doesn’t run every ride at full capacity still right?, I’ve been seeing that usually one train per ride will be running or that sometimes two our of three elevator shafts in tower of terror are running, when they talk about capacity that’s the first thing that pops up in my mind, I gathered that Magic kingdom’s full capacity was close to 70k in guests but they still haven’t hit that full number other wise mine train will have 3 mine carts running, etc,etc. I saw a while back how the queue times were inflated, when i got in line the times were like 45% faster than the posted times because I started a timer every queue I got in, pirates was inflated for 90 minutes but from start to loading the boats it was 25 minutes, same with all the other rides as an example.

Even with the virtual queues for Cosmic rewind will help with controlling this. IDDK, rather than Cast Members it always felt like it was to keep their ride maintenance down by a lot.
Well they haven’t. They’ve been caught in the mornings not running rides at full capacity…like one side of space or big Thunder mountain…that affects the whole day.

But I’m not talking about not filling Seats. I’m talking about their attendance going way up and them not building seats.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
As a general rule of thumb Disney runs every ride as close to capacity as they can manage. There are occasions when this doesn’t happen, particularly early in the day. They’ve certainly tinkered with running lower capacities on some rides on lower crowd days, but never seem to stick with it long term. We haven’t had more than a handful of lower crowd days since late September so it’s hard to assess what they’re doing now.

They’re not doing TOT on purpose right now. The one side wasn’t supposed to be undergoing extended maintenance this year, but here we are.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As a general rule of thumb Disney runs every ride as close to capacity as they can manage. There are occasions when this doesn’t happen, particularly early in the day. They’ve certainly tinkered with running lower capacities on some rides on lower crowd days, but never seem to stick with it long term. We haven’t had more than a handful of lower crowd days since late September so it’s hard to assess what they’re doing now.

They’re not doing TOT on purpose right now. The one side wasn’t supposed to be undergoing extended maintenance this year, but here we are.
Right…but it’s to save $100 in labor

We don’t need to kill it…but it is what it is

bjlc57

dis stock was UNDER $100 at one point today.. it finished above.. but it was below $100.. take that Bob Cheapskake.. see how the investors like you now.. hey maybe you can cut some thing else out.. who knows.. charging a $100 to walk through the castle.. or $400 to watch the fireworks at the end of the day.. or better yet.. Bob.. WHY don't you put on the green costume and become Tinkerbell for a week and do the Fly by every night for the whole week to boost morale..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
dis stock was UNDER $100 at one point today.. it finished above.. but it was below $100.. take that Bob Cheapskake.. see how the investors like you now.. hey maybe you can cut some thing else out.. who knows.. charging a $100 to walk through the castle.. or $400 to watch the fireworks at the end of the day.. or better yet.. Bob.. WHY don't you put on the green costume and become Tinkerbell for a week and do the Fly by every night for the whole week to boost morale..
At the current rate of sustained fall - bout $9 a month - it would be mid $80’s by July 4th

And before anyone says “the whole market is down”

Not at this rate…and the doom and gloom conditions haven’t hit yet

Sir_Cliff

dis stock was UNDER $100 at one point today.. it finished above.. but it was below $100.. take that Bob Cheapskake.. see how the investors like you now.. hey maybe you can cut some thing else out.. who knows.. charging a $100 to walk through the castle.. or $400 to watch the fireworks at the end of the day..
The thing is, that's precisely the kind of stuff the investors like. The stock isn't going down because institutional investors think Genie+ is a pain and there are too many upcharge events in the evening at Magic Kingdom.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
At the current rate of sustained fall - bout $9 a month - it would be mid $80’s by July 4th

And before anyone says “the whole market is down”

Not at this rate…and the doom and gloom conditions haven’t hit yet

Lowest performer of the Dow 30, but "the whole market is down". Negative over the last 5 years but "the whole market is down".

Eventually that stops being an excuse, much like a 4 month closure due to Covid cannot excuse 5 year builds.

Nubs70

Lowest performer of the Dow 30, but "the whole market is down". Negative over the last 5 years but "the whole market is down".

Eventually that stops being an excuse, much like a 4 month closure due to Covid cannot excuse 5 year builds.
The P/E ratio shows DIS in on an unsustainable trajectory. At a P/E ratio of 62+, they are a 3x factor out of wack. Either the stock price is to high or earnings are too low, maybe a combination of both. My thought is, when taking recent revenue enhancing efforts into account, the ability for DIS to generate revenue does not meet expectations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom