Disney’s Q2 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

Jrb1979

Disney is using ABC Good Morning America among some outlets to promote the Guardians Ride that is going to open in late May. It looks very cool.
Which is good as it's a major attraction. What I'm saying is now that Guardians is done the next attraction shouldn't be another E ticket but more along the lines of what Mary Poppins was going to be. IMO the next E ticket shouldn't be build again for 4-5 years from now. Use that money and add a bunch of smaller C-D level attractions.

Lilofan

Which is good as it's a major attraction. What I'm saying is now that Guardians is done the next attraction shouldn't be another E ticket but more along the lines of what Mary Poppins was going to be. IMO the next E ticket shouldn't be build again for 4-5 years from now. Use that money and add a bunch of smaller C-D level attractions.
Build spend build? Not when talk is parks and resorts cap ex may be slashed to the bone.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Stuff like the "Finding Dory's Friends" scavenger hunt in the Seas tells me that at least SOMEONE with small budget-approval authority gets it. They just need to ramp that kind of thing up tenfold.
The Keys are the C tickets

You need a wide variety of them operating at all times.

The problem is they won’t build them…Iger built a couple and because they built so few things - the lines are E length.

They actually only built 1-3 A-C his entire tenure.

For the purposes of this…I’ll make mine train and soarin D…but they’re really Cs

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was easy for me to cut the cord when the Red Sox started 11-20.
Amen

1652375659437.gif

Lilofan

Gotcha.

It’s been full of Disney ads/propaganda since 1996. Nothing unusual about that.
I’ve seen when we get in early into the parks sometimes the ABC crews doing live shots interviewing celebrities etc. ABC ( Iger’s world ) will always I believe put in the best word for all things TWDC.

Tha Realest

The Keys are the C tickets

You need a wide variety of them operating at all times.

The problem is they won’t build them…Iger built a couple and because they built so few things - the lines are E length.

They actually only built 1-3 A-C his entire tenure.

For the purposes of this…I’ll make mine train and soarin D…but they’re really Cs
The problem is that they build C-tickets at E-ticket prices (hi, Spider-Man and Millennium Falcon!)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My guess: D+ ad-supported tier comes in at the current $7.99/month price point. The old $7.99/month price point becomes the new $11.99/month ad-free "Premium" subscription. "Still less than NetFlix" will be the selling point.

Bob knows how to milk cows, and he thinks D+ is mooing.

WDW Pro

My guess: D+ ad-supported tier comes in at the current $7.99/month price point. The old $7.99/month price point becomes the new $11.99/month ad-free "Premium" subscription. "Still less than NetFlix" will be the selling point.

Bob knows how to milk cows, and he thinks D+ is mooing.

I'm hearing $2.99 - $3.99 but that can change over the next six weeks as Disney collects data to justify higher ad costs for commercial buyers.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Probably part of it. My guess is that is the overall hit pulling licensed shows off of other streaming services onto their caused.
I'm guessing most of this Billion was from clawing back all the Star Wars and Marvel films from all the other streaming services to make them exclusive to D+. Then there was the breaking of contracts for which future movies were supposed to go to Netflix and the premium cable channels. Then there were all the Fox contracts that they wanted to get out of (many of the lesser Fox content is still wending its way through various streaming service since Disney didn't want them back so badly).

Then there was the write-off of anticipated income from license deals which was not going to happen any more.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I got in on the 3-year D23 deal for D+. Also, I subscribed to Hulu's top tier.

When Hulu's top tier forced me into "The Bundle", I wound up paying less for Hulu.

When Hulu dropped it's top tier VCR (something like 90 hours of recording) to unlimited capacity for all VCR tiers, I got another reduction.

So, in the past three years, my D+ and Hulu subscription went down twice.

Ldno

Now I’ve seen two posts “hinting” that capacity isn’t the issue and that somehow they “get it”?

Woah…woah here.

It’s 1000% a capacity issue. The feel in the parks is a direct result of 25% more attendees since 2000 with near a net zero add in capacity space.

Let’s not get silly.

I don’t disagree.

The problems are two fold:
1. New hyped attractions coming on line with 1800-2000 capacity
2. Not enough other diversions fo effectively disperse the crowds

I’d submit they aren’t doing well with either/compounding the issues

Correct me if I’m wrong but Disney doesn’t run every ride at full capacity still right?, I’ve been seeing that usually one train per ride will be running or that sometimes two our of three elevator shafts in tower of terror are running, when they talk about capacity that’s the first thing that pops up in my mind, I gathered that Magic kingdom’s full capacity was close to 70k in guests but they still haven’t hit that full number other wise mine train will have 3 mine carts running, etc,etc. I saw a while back how the queue times were inflated, when i got in line the times were like 45% faster than the posted times because I started a timer every queue I got in, pirates was inflated for 90 minutes but from start to loading the boats it was 25 minutes, same with all the other rides as an example.

Even with the virtual queues for Cosmic rewind will help with controlling this. IDDK, rather than Cast Members it always felt like it was to keep their ride maintenance down by a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom