Total: 196 to 205

For comparison:

Netflix: 222
Amazon: 190
HBOmax: 77
Paramount 62
Peacock 28
Starz 20
The key to streaming is content. D+ has their vault and the 21CF vault, along with well developed content generation engine. You've seen the horror of at Netflix because they only have crap. User consolidation of streaming providers is in full force as people cut back expenses. D+ is best positioned in this regard.

With Theme Parks, all they had to do was open the gates. Genie+ and other revenue enchantment schemes are going to wind up being victims of their own purported success. The key has been that there is still enough pent up demand so that insane prices have not affected them. Let's see where this goes in 3-6 months if external economic factors don't settle down.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The key to streaming is content. D+ has their vault and the 21CF vault, along with well developed content generation engine. You've seen the horror of at Netflix because they only have crap. User consolidation of streaming providers is in full force as people cut back expenses. D+ is best positioned in this regard.

With Theme Parks, all they had to do was open the gates. Genie+ and other revenue enchantment schemes are going to wind up being victims of their own purported success. The key has been that there is still enough pent up demand so that insane prices have not affected them. Let's see where this goes in 3-6 months if external economic factors don't settle down.
I'm curious how much spending per guest would increase if attendance slipped enough to increase guest happiness. I know when parks are slammed I'm less likely to happily spend on merchandise, and I spent more early in the pandemic when crowds were low.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Luckily, D+ is getting great content from Pixar, Marvel, LucasFillm series, and DAS.

However, I was just tracking how well their made-for-D+ movies were doing... and almost all of them have really low audience and critical scores. And so, Disney Live Action keeps sucking, whether making movies for the theaters or streaming.

VJ

"Guardians of the Galaxy...

... Cosmic Rewind"
bob chapek doesn't know how to speak - he either over-enunciates or under-enunciates and always talks like he's gaining momentum and goes faster and faster and then randomly stops like it's the end of the sentence even though it obviously isn't

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Stock is back in the red.
Huh?

1652302042236.png

CaptainAmerica

I don't understand why Netflix isn't tanking in after-hours trading right now. "Streaming is in decline" would be a bad story for them. "Netflix uniquely sucks" is even worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom