Disney’s Q1 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast - Wednesday, Feb 8, 2023

DonniePeverley

It's a new show for Paris' 30th anniversary. Will run from now till May.

But they did a smaller version of the drone light show for the Avengers Campus (Paris) grand opening. Pretty much a test run. Was very cool to watch (online at least lol).

So are they keeping the drones - or have they now gone?

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
The Iger-led restructuring is likely to be announced around the earnings conference date.

Layoffs are expected to be "minimal" compared to what other media companies have been dealing with.
Back to discussing this, I do not wanna see Disney's TV studio units get consolidated, because they shouldn't have their name attached to an adult-oriented show. I especially don't wanna see the Disney name at the end of every future Simpsons episode either.

doctornick

Have started to hear that parks enthusiasts will want to tune into this. This might relate to what @SplashZander was mentioning in another thread about WDI being very busy as of recently.

You know, going back to this, while I wouldn’t normally think they’d say anything granular about the parks at an earning report… I could kinda see Iger announcing a Pandora expansion here. I mean, he’ll surely hype up the massive box office for A:WoW and saying that they “synergize” and add to the theme parks related to it feels like the kind of thing he would say to try to paint Disney as different than other companies uniquely able to monetize IPs in multiple ways.

No inside knowledge and I could be totally off, but it seems plausible to me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You know, going back to this, while I wouldn’t normally think they’d say anything granular about the parks at an earning report… I could kinda see Iger announcing a Pandora expansion here. I mean, he’ll surely hype up the massive box office for A:WoW and saying that they “synergize” and add to the theme parks related to it feels like the kind of thing he would say to try to paint Disney as different than other companies uniquely able to monetize IPs in multiple ways.

No inside knowledge and I could be totally off, but it seems plausible to me.
The problem with avatar is that it’s owned/produced by Lightstorm and TSG…

20th Century Studios - formerly Fox - now Disney…is the distributor.

Avatar and it’s next sequel are not actually Disney films…though I bet Napoleon Bob wants you to think that…

Lightstorm is Cameron and he has self financed for years…like a guy name “george” did with big movies that looked like “Fox” movies in the 90’s

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ooof…

Selling his precious IP??
1675569805158.jpeg

So this is more indication that way more is going on with this proxy than we know…
It will be interesting to watch?

As for parks? Well…they’re not in a position to really do anything we want:
1. Hire staff
2. Freeze/curb prices
3. Build something
4. Fan loyalty programs (passes and discounts…notably)

Nope…get read for more “exclusive magic” That looks eerily like the same old stuff where they can’t handle the crowds

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Ooof…

Selling his precious IP??
View attachment 696579

So this is more indication that way more is going on with this proxy than we know…
It will be interesting to watch?

As for parks? Well…they’re not in a position to really do anything we want:
1. Hire staff
2. Freeze/curb prices
3. Build something
4. Fan loyalty programs (passes and discounts…notably)

Nope…get read for more “exclusive magic” That looks eerily like the same old stuff where they can’t handle the crowds
I bet it’s the Fox IP that he's gonna sell (off). 😄

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I bet it’s the ex-Fox IP that he's gonna sell. 😄
Well we don’t know if it’s true…but if so…a very bad look.

They’re whole pitch on D+ and their acquisitions was that nobody would be able to touch it…therefore it was a gold mine.

Entertainment “crack” for 8 billion people…

Think he regrets speaking/quitting/scheming/returning yet?

doctornick

I bet it’s the Fox IP that he's gonna sell (off). 😄
I feel like there’s a ton of Fox stuff that they aren’t using that could easily be licensed out. Though it’s probably not super valuable but I guess it could be useful to a company trying to buff up their library.

I do think this is probably going to be more Fox or even ABC owned stuff rather than Disney branded or Pixar etc. or maybe just having Disney owned studios being open to producing content for other streamers or networks.

One interesting thing is that Disney actually is licensing content from Sony going forward. I know that was more about Spider Man movies than anything else but it is funny that they are basically talking about doing the opposite now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I feel like there’s a ton of Fox stuff that they aren’t using that could easily be licensed out. Though it’s probably not super valuable but I guess it could be useful to a company trying to buff up their library.

I do think this is probably going to be more Fox or even ABC owned stuff rather than Disney branded or Pixar etc. or maybe just having Disney owned studios being open to producing content for other streamers or networks.

One interesting thing is that Disney actually is licensing content from Sony going forward. I know that was more about Spider Man movies than anything else but it is funny that they are basically talking about doing the opposite now.
So they’re gonna sell off what’s “not the brand”…and then charge $29.99 a month for D+ featuring MCU and the multiverse of confusion, Toy Story 7 (Andy needs a new knee), Frozen 4 (Elsa gets real about her true feelings), Bambi, and the rotting carcass of Star Wars?

…that is NOT what the bobs said was gonna happen to make that $76 a share dividend…

Nope…I’ll find the article somewhere 🤓

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
So they’re gonna sell off what’s “not the brand”…and then charge $29.99 a month for D+ featuring MCU and the multiverse of confusion, Toy Story 7 (Andy needs a new knee), Frozen 4 (Elsa gets real about her true feelings), Bambi, and the rotting carcass of Star Wars?

…that is NOT what the bobs said was gonna happen to make that $76 a share dividend…

Nope…I’ll find the article somewhere 🤓

Still, Disney shouldn’t own 20th Century if they are going to license the latter's content to others than put them on Disney+/Hulu. That would be a thing 20th would do when not under Disney ownership, because if it was Disney doing it, that would make them greedy for money. Oh, and plans can change, @Sirwalterraleigh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom