Disney’s Q1 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast - Wednesday, Feb 8, 2023

hopemax

And if they raised it... it would be paid.

But Bob recognizes the general ill will that would raise.

Better to have cheaper park tickets and expensive upsells.
If they can keep adding ILLs based on popular franchises... You'd get all the bang of increasing admission to the MK to $175 with less of the bad press. As long as the press doesn't start doing things like "How much does it really cost to go to a ball game?" and adds up the parking, tickets, hot dogs, drinks, etc." As long as the media plays nice and just reports the gate price it's all about "consumer choice."

SteamboatJoe

It seems like they are at least aware that the sentiment regarding the decrease in the perceived value of the parks experience is more prevalent and widespread than grumblings from superfans in internet forums and that they are going to need to be cognizant of that in the decisions they make....in the immediate future anyway.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If they can keep adding ILLs based on popular franchises... You'd get all the bang of increasing admission to the MK to $175 with less of the bad press. As long as the press doesn't start doing things like "How much does it really cost to go to a ball game?" and adds up the parking, tickets, hot dogs, drinks, etc." As long as the media plays nice and just reports the gate price it's all about "consumer choice."

Enter... Bob's personal PR knife-woman. She will keep the media in line for Bob and make sure they strictly toe the company line.

Animaniac93-98

It seems like they are at least aware that the sentiment regarding the decrease in the perceived value of the parks experience is more prevalent and widespread than grumblings from superfans in internet forums and that they are going to need to be cognizant of that in the decisions they make....in the immediate future anyway.

Or at least their PR team is aware of this.

We can only hope it leads to real, meaningful changes at the parks.

Sir_Cliff

I have my doubts regarding how much impact this will have in practice, but I am happy that the negative effects of going crazy with pricing is at least now part of the conversation with the parks. Under Bob 2.0, the tone was very openly that they would keep raising costs to whatever the market would bear without any real thought of how that might effect public perception of the parks and the company as a whole.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So much for creativity, eh?

Toy Story 5 is a hilariously stupid idea. Frozen 3 doesn't make any sense either beyond "it'll make a bunch of money regardless". Zootopia is fine, I guess.

"Zootopia 2 - Citizens on Patrol", coming 2026, only from Disney! Terrible movie, IMHO, and I can't imagine a contrived sequel being better.

Ghost93

So much for creativity, eh?

Toy Story 5 is a hilariously stupid idea. Frozen 3 doesn't make any sense either beyond "it'll make a bunch of money regardless". Zootopia is fine, I guess.

Toy Story is getting more and more depressing as a franchise. How many times can they keep hammering the point that the toys are immortal and will always be abandoned by their human owners?

Frozen III could work if they give us a good villain and a love interest for Elsa.

SteamboatJoe

Still a little concerned that parks and products are still one and the same - synergy will still be a thing. Although I guess when looking at re-structuring, there are many other factors that come into play. At least the current head came up through parks.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Toy Story is getting more and more depressing as a franchise. How many times can they keep hammering the point that the toys are immortal and will always be abandoned by their human owners?
Maybe this time whoever they end up with with ask to be buried with their favourite toys and they'll have to escape from the grave?

Tend to agree the Zootopia sequel is the only one I think "fair enough" about. Was always surprised they did so little with that film after it was such a massive hit.

MagicHappens1971

Still a little concerned that parks and products are still one and the same - synergy will still be a thing. Although I guess when looking at re-structuring, there many other factors that come into play. At least the current head came up through parks.
Synergy has existed since the founding of TWDC. Some could argue that they basically invented and perfected it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom