Disney’s Mufasa - the lion king

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's some other information when it was announced -

BrianLo

Original Poster
This should have been the movie they made in the first place instead of a shot for shot animated remake.

Jedijax719

Familiarity is THE draw these days. Whether from books, comics, older movies, or inspirations from other stories, people flock to things they are familiar with. Seems the only possible way to make an original idea popular is to either through animation or with a spin-off.

What was the last truly original live action story that made for a BIG movie release? It's not that people don't have original ideas. It's that studios won't foot the bill to make them.

Magenta Panther

So instead of the dark, elegant, menacing Scar we got in the original Lion King, we get a scruffy mangy bit of animated taxidermy. Yikes.

I rewatched The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe movie at my aunt's house last Easter. And I couldn't help but compare the lion Aslan in that movie with the various lions in the Lion King remake. Aslan blew them all out of the water. Looked like a real lion, but he could act. He could emote. Made you cry a little, even. Why are all the lions in the Lion King remake so expressionless? It's really awkward, especially during the Hakuna Matata scene. Expressionless animals dancing and singing. Creepy as heck!

Phroobar

So instead of the dark, elegant, menacing Scar we got in the original Lion King, we get a scruffy mangy bit of animated taxidermy. Yikes.

I rewatched The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe movie at my aunt's house last Easter. And I couldn't help but compare the lion Aslan in that movie with the various lions in the Lion King remake. Aslan blew them all out of the water. Looked like a real lion, but he could act. He could emote. Made you cry a little, even. Why are all the lions in the Lion King remake so expressionless? It's really awkward, especially during the Hakuna Matata scene. Expressionless animals dancing and singing. Creepy as heck!
Kind of like all the non-breathing people in Mars needs Moms. We know they can do far better if they stopped outsourcing everything to the lowest bidder.

doctornick

Isn't the movie about Mufasa, not Scar? I mean, I don't know because I haven't looked into it, but the title of the film doesn't seem like it will be about the villain of the The Lion King

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom