News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2023 Earnings Results Webcast

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Did you miss my point? I was responding to Epcot OGs post yesterday tracking how DIS was trading on another random day compared to other stocks. More just showing you can’t just dunk on Disney everyday their stock is red. Yeah their two year chart is abysmal which I acknowledged in my post, it’s just nonsensical to attack them nonstop every single time they underperform the market while simultaneously not highlighting when they overperform the market, like today.
That is no point…it’s inferring “these things even out”

That is not the case with DIS…until further notice

The numbers have more leverage than the defense “opinion”

BrianLo

That’s some amazing accounting if 4 boats and a dictatorship in massive recession can pull that off

The beast is WDW…since it opened

Year on Year, not month to month. SDL and DCL were basically non-operational a year ago.

It more looks impressive because it was so bad a year ago, so I suspect again they will be called out. "While we had declines at WDW, they were offset by stronger performance out of Disney Cruise Line, yada yadda".

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Year on Year, not month to month. SDL and DCL were basically non-operational a year ago.

It more looks impressive because it was so bad a year ago, so I suspect again they will be called out. "While we had declines at WDW, they were offset by stronger performance out of Disney Cruise Line, yada yadda".

Well they skated on the one off…but two quarters opens the “pattern” can of worms

BrianLo

Well they skated on the one off…but two quarters opens the “pattern” can of worms

They have actually two more quarters to ride that out. SDL finally reopened permanently in December of last year.

The other hat trick for domestic P&R is going to be DVC this past quarter. Which was in fact fairly explosive between VDH and a fire sale at Grand Floridian.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They have actually two more quarters to ride that out. SDL finally reopened permanently in December of last year.

The other hat trick for domestic P&R is going to be DVC this past quarter. Which was in fact fairly explosive between VDH and a fire sale at Grand Floridian.
Not about wdw

Bob is running out of runway…finally

Good thing too because sycophant fans have been pouring asphalt for the last 10 years

TheIceBaron

That is no point…it’s inferring “these things even out”

That is not the case with DIS…until further notice

The numbers have more leverage than the defense “opinion”

I wasn’t even inferring things will even out for the DIS stock. I invest in semis myself since returns are better.

You just don’t seem to understand that DIS being red on a random day has nothing to do with the long term stock forecast. It’s a basic principle of financial markets that past performance is no guarantee of future results. If they tank on earnings by all means gleefully celebrate. But when the market as a whole is down and DIS with it, just comes off that you don’t understand the stock market by pouncing specifically on DIS.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nobody who is a fan of Disney parks and resorts should celebrate the stock under performing. The company’s response will not be what you want it to be and the fixes will make you angry.
Sometimes you gotta bottom out

The management is BAD…terrible. Every corner they cut for short term gain is collapsing on itself…because the longterm is arriving. It was a matter of time with good will and brand exploitation…we just didn’t know how much.

They have problems. Don’t expect anyone in a nametag to admit it on a live mic

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Nobody who is a fan of Disney parks and resorts should celebrate the stock under performing. The company’s response will not be what you want it to be and the fixes will make you angry.
So we should celebrate and reward incompetence and stupidity in Burbank? There current trajectory all but assures a terrible outcome and with Bobby I back in the captains chair its full steam ahead. I'm not going to reward them by spending $750/night for a deluxe hotel that a mid-rate Marriot makes look like a Motel 6.

Let it be 2008 all over again, I'll be somewhere else.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Sometimes you gotta bottom out

The management is BAD…terrible. Every corner they cut for short term gain is collapsing on itself…because the longterm is arriving. It was a matter of time with good will and brand exploitation…we just didn’t know how much.

They have problems. Don’t expect anyone in a nametag to admit it on a live mic
Almost everything they've got their mitts on in the past decade and half has turned to garbage. The only thing that saves them now is to be broken up and sold.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Almost everything they've got their mitts on in the past decade and half has turned to garbage. The only thing that saves them now is to be broken up and sold.
It’s due to slow burn…which is all “prediction” as far as timing

You don’t have to tell me…I’ve been told I was crying wolf for almost ten years…not because I want FAILURE…because there were signs they weren’t doing wise things. What was I supposed to do? Lie? Get all damp over repackaged festivals, upsell tickets and oversaturated timeshare blocks?

I’m not gonna lie to anyone…acquaintances or strangers
No honor in that.

…ok…I lie to my kids and Captain America…but I feel like I get a pass there

BrianLo

There’s a lot of back patting about the supposed stock exodus on this forum in 2021… but I’ll make sure to keep a mental tally of those who missed the bottom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom