News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2023 Earnings Results Webcast

peter11435

Let’s ask if that was his point?

@EPCOT-O.G.
You were the one who originally questioned today’s stock performance. You were provided an answer as to why stocks across-the-board were getting hit hard today. @EPCOT-O.G. then posted percentage numbers from today. Then it was pointed out why those numbers from today were misleading and that other large players were down by similar or greater amounts today. But sure… go ahead and try to act like the conversation was supposed to be about the last two years .

Tha Realest

You were the one who originally questioned today’s stock performance. You were provided an answer as to why stocks across-the-board were getting hit hard today. @EPCOT-O.G. then posted percentage numbers from today. Then it was pointed out why those numbers from today were misleading and that other large players were down by similar or greater amounts today. But sure… go ahead and try to act like the conversation was supposed to be about the last two years .
Calm down. Or did you take investment advice from Adam the Woo and forget to sell in 2021?

TheIceBaron

These numbers fluctuate. That’s what I saw when I posted. Since that time DIS is now down 2.63% on the day; DJIA “only” down now 1.31%. This is a repeated cycle over the last few years where DIS does poorly compared to the rest of the market.

The numbers do fluctuate but even in the DOW 30 today, Disney isn’t even the worst performer, Goldman Sachs is down nearly 4%, AmEx down 3%, Home Depot and Microsoft also down 2.6%. Outside the Dow so many other sectors are even worse such as the semis. SMCI down almost 7%.

I just don’t think it’s fair or useful to point to Disney particularly today and continue the same attacks on them. If it was a big green day and Disney was red that would be more meaningful, but even still the day to day chart doesn’t matter as much as the larger stock trend (which is down).

peter11435

The numbers do fluctuate but even in the DOW 30 today, Disney isn’t even the worst performer, Goldman Sachs is down nearly 4%, AmEx down 3%, Home Depot and Microsoft also down 2.6%. Outside the Dow so many other sectors are even worse such as the semis. SMCI down almost 7%.

I just don’t think it’s fair or useful to point to Disney particularly today and continue the same attacks on them. If it was a big green day and Disney was red that would be more meaningful, but even still the day to day chart doesn’t matter as much as the larger stock trend (which is down).
Amazon down 3.7%

And more importantly stocks in similar industries… Royal down 5.4%, carnival down 6.6%, Six flags down 7%, sea world down 2.8%

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Amazon down 3.7%

And more importantly stocks in similar industries… Royal down 5.4%, carnival down 6.6%, Six flags down 7%, sea world down 2.8%
The travel sector in particular got hammered today. Plus news that Netflix and Discovery+ could be or are raising prices on their streaming services, more job openings...

TDLFan

I don't know about you, but I think we need Mika and the band on the call to soften blows....
received_326429696635490.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

You’re picking a fight…no reason…but I give you a pass

I know you have all that that “top secret” imagineering info about billions of dollars of park investments about to be greenlit by tight pants Josh…so it’s a big mental burden…amma right?

peter11435

I know you have all that that “top secret” imagineering info about billions of dollars of park investments about to be greenlit by tight pants Josh…so it’s a big mental burden…amma right?
I’m not trying to pick a fight, just pointing out how the conversation progressed. You seemed to be having trouble following along so I figured I’d give you a summary.

Casper Gutman

Wait… are we excited that Disney’s announced plans to accelerate spending in the parks has hurt the stock? This makes pretty clear that current management is a symptom, not the disease - Wall Street does not like theme parks.

JusticeDisney

Really poor response, even by your low standards. You should try to do better.

TheIceBaron

Another day, but all of those are up (in some cases big) while DIS is still down.

And today most stocks are red including the DOW while DIS is green at almost 1%. See why day to day (unless it’s earnings or some massive announcement) it’s a little silly to point to a stocks price and try to make a point about it.

No one is doubting that the stock is on the downtrend and no one is saying Disney leadership is absolved of any accountability. I just think we as a Disney fan community should not be negative for the sake of being negative, especially when such negativity is based on incorrect assumptions of capital markets.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And today most stocks are red including the DOW while DIS is green at almost 1%. See why day to day (unless it’s earnings or some massive announcement) it’s a little silly to point to a stocks price and try to make a point about it.

No one is doubting that the stock is on the downtrend and no one is saying Disney leadership is absolved of any accountability. I just think we as a Disney fan community should not be negative for the sake of being negative, especially when such negativity is based on incorrect assumptions of capital markets.
You not gonna try this repeatedly, are you?

It’s down 60% in 2 years…consistent decline greater than comps

It’s their fault and will continue until confidence is restored. They are the criminal…not the victim in this “injustice”

TheIceBaron

You not gonna try this repeatedly, are you?

It’s down 60% in 2 years…consistent decline greater than comps

It’s their fault and will continue until confidence is restored. They are the criminal…not the victim in this “injustice”

Did you miss my point? I was responding to Epcot OGs post yesterday tracking how DIS was trading on another random day compared to other stocks. More just showing you can’t just dunk on Disney everyday their stock is red. Yeah their two year chart is abysmal which I acknowledged in my post, it’s just nonsensical to attack them nonstop every single time they underperform the market while simultaneously not highlighting when they overperform the market, like today.

BrianLo

This is going to be another same-same quarterly result, but with some data under their belt from the US price hike I suspect we may get some forward-looking profitability calls.

What it also does is drop out Chapek's no good, very bad quarter, which will help slightly normalize the P/E ratio.

P&R again will be propped up Year on Year largely thanks to DCL and SDL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom