News Disney’s DuckTales World Showcase Adventure Announced for Play Disney Parks Mobile App at Epcot

doctornick

I have a feeling that this was quietly cancelled.

They stopped Sorcerers of the MK earlier this year and have yet to bring back the Pirates one, so that may be true. :( Maybe they feel like they no longer need this kind of stuff - or at least until they figure out how to charge to do it via Genie+

Edit: Still doing the Wilderness Explorers at DAK, though it's not quite the same thing. Ironic though since that's the most labor intensive and least COVID safe (since it involves direct interactions with other people) of these kinds of parks scavenger hunts.

Last edited:

peter11435

They stopped Sorcerers of the MK earlier this year and have yet to bring back the Pirates one, so that may be true. :( Maybe they feel like they no longer need this kind of stuff - or at least until they figure out how to charge to do it via Genie+

Edit: Still doing the Wilderness Explorers at DAK, though it's not quite the same thing. Ironic though since that's the most labor intensive and least COVID safe (since it involves direct interactions with other people) of these kinds of parks scavenger hunts.
From everything I have heard the ducktails project was paused with Covid and unlikely to pick back up. I have not heard anything about it in nearly a year so things could have or may still change.

The wilderness explorers were brought back quickly and remain because animal education is an integral part of AZA accreditation.

castlecake2.0

Soooo the “other” site is confirming that this is still going ahead, but does not explain where the info is from. Anyone heard anything?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Soooo the “other” site is confirming that this is still going ahead, but does not explain where the info is from. Anyone heard anything?
That other site makes it clear they believe it's still happening based on a December 2020 blurb.

I don't know why it wouldn't happen unless the SFX tech needed a lot of repair. Or they fired the writers and coders for the adventure during the pandemic and they can't find anyone to make it happen.

castlecake2.0

That other site makes it clear they believe it's still happening based on a December 2020 blurb.

I don't know why it wouldn't happen unless the SFX tech needed a lot of repair. Or they fired the writers and coders for the adventure during the pandemic and they can't find anyone to make it happen.
Seems odd for them to post a new article about it today with no new info. Would love this offering to come back but with the show being cancelled it feels like it is already dated.

doctornick

Seems odd for them to post a new article about it today with no new info. Would love this offering to come back but with the show being cancelled it feels like it is already dated.
IIRC Kim Possible came out after that show ended too. And Agents P was like during the last season of P&F. They don’t have a history of bringing this stuff out quickly.

That said Ducktales has multi-generation awareness and would be just fine even without an active show

JoeCamel

Like most of the world a lot of their programming is done in Ukraine

Club Cooloholic

Reading up on the cancellation, apparently it's something Disney does as a rule after a show hits 65 to 76 episodes. My guess is they don't want to pay voice actors and writers more to keep it going so they say "Thems The Rules"

castlecake2.0

Reading up on the cancellation, apparently it's something Disney does as a rule after a show hits 65 to 76 episodes. My guess is they don't want to pay voice actors and writers more to keep it going so they say "Thems The Rules"
Makes sense, I just find it odd that out of the blue the other site posts an article yesterday saying “it’s still happening” with nothing to back it up other than a two year old statement.

Surferboy567

Ducktales was a great show, and as interactive games go I can see working well. Hope this actually becomes a thing.

Never played Agent P fully, but I also really liked Phineas and Ferb.

EPCOT-O.G.

As far as the DTEU*, a Darkwing Duck reboot has been rumored for some time. There were a few (terrific!) episodes in DuckTales that hinted at this, doing the multiverse thing before the MCU went full into it.

Here’s a story from late last year on it:

*DuckTales Extended Universe

Disney Maddux

As far as the DTEU*, a Darkwing Duck reboot has been rumored for some time. There were a few (terrific!) episodes in DuckTales that hinted at this, doing the multiverse thing before the MCU went full into it.

Here’s a story from late last year on it:

*DuckTales Extended Universe
A Darkwing Duck World Showcase Adventure... Now that would be perfect.

TwilightZone

I was just thinking about this attraction this morning, honestly I think given that Phineas and Ferb seems to always be popular over in Disney+, it might have been more worth it to keep the attraction as - is for a while until they have the time/effort/budget to redo it with Ducktales or something eqaully as timeless.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Should have bought the rights to Carmen Sandiego from the Learning Company (or whomever owns the IP. Netflix? Really?) and made that the Epcot attraction. Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago? The attraction synopsis writes itself. oh well. Seems weird to do Ducktales now.

bhg469

The few times we did the games at Epcot, we really enjoyed it. I'm definitely hoping this moves ahead but I would think it's highly unlikely at this point.

Cmdr_Crimson

Should have bought the rights to Carmen Sandiego from the Learning Company (or whomever owns the IP. Netflix? Really?) and made that the Epcot attraction. Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago? The attraction synopsis writes itself. oh well. Seems weird to do Ducktales now.
I have been really wanting them to do this for the longest time..Eisner would have jumped on it in no time..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom