News Disney’s DuckTales World Showcase Adventure Announced for Play Disney Parks Mobile App at Epcot

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
So has there been word on an opening day for this? Since it uses a guest’s own phone and affects things at a distance, it seems like it would be generally COVID friendly. It is poisoned it might actually roll out when Ratatouille opens?
Considering the show ends in precisely a month, I’m starting to doubt if it opens at all.

ToTBellHop

Thought I’d give this a quick bump since the series finale is tonight.
Might as well just skip ahead and make “Disney Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers World Showcase Adventure Starring Chip & Dale and Friends Presented by Chiquita”. By the time it’s done, I know my kids would prefer DCDRRWSASCDaFPbC anyway.

Add it to the abbreviation list to save time later, please.

Surferboy567

Might as well just skip ahead and make “Disney Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers World Showcase Adventure Starring Chip & Dale and Friends Presented by Chiquita”. By the time it’s done, I know my kids would prefer DCDRRWSASCDaFPbC anyway.

Add it to the abbreviation list to save time later, please.
I actually really hope they keep it Ducktales. It’s an excellent show, and really works within World Showcase.

I know your kidding, but I hope this eventually opens. Even for a small distraction.

ToTBellHop

I actually really hope they keep it Ducktales. It’s an excellent show, and really works within World Showcase.

I know your kidding, but I hope this eventually opens. Even for a small distraction.
While I am sure it’s way down their priority list, it is also cheap and IP-based, so you never know.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Considering the show ends in precisely a month, I’m starting to doubt if it opens at all.
Kim possible opened a few months before its last episode and continued on at Epcot for like 5 years after the show ended.

Plus, the characters in ducktales are technically just part of the main crew so it wouldn’t matter.

Surferboy567

Plus, the characters in ducktales are technically just part of the main crew so it wouldn’t matter.
Also, it’s not like they are nobody. I’d wager most people know who Huey, Dewey, and Louie are. Scrooge is definitely well known, and I’d imagine more people know Webby then most would think. The supporting cast of Disney Afternoon characters also help.

Surferboy567

Just saw the series finale, and it was very well done. I bumped an old thread over on the TV discussion board if anyone wanted to discuss.

DoleWhipDrea

Disney Wiki has the opening date listed as Summer 2021, which would IMHO make sense in terms of an opening debut (it could open with the new Creations shop and the updated version of Club Cool) - I can't seem to find an official Disney source that gives an opening date, though.

Even with it being mostly related to something to do with your phone, there's probably going to be small additions around World Showcase as part of the experience. I wonder if some of the work being done in the Morocco Pavilion may be related?

Salted Nut Roll

I'm really hoping this still happens. The Ducktales reboot is honestly so well-done (I don't think I've ever been able to say that about a reboot before!), and works perfectly as a globe-traveling mobile-based game.

doctornick

Disney Wiki has the opening date listed as Summer 2021, which would IMHO make sense in terms of an opening debut (it could open with the new Creations shop and the updated version of Club Cool) - I can't seem to find an official Disney source that gives an opening date, though.

Even with it being mostly related to something to do with your phone, there's probably going to be small additions around World Showcase as part of the experience. I wonder if some of the work being done in the Morocco Pavilion may be related?

Hmmm… maybe they would plan to open Ducktales up on October 1 along with Rat and Harmonius? Give the bloggers an additional thing to write about

i

DoleWhipDrea

I can picture it now:

(In an overly chipper male Disney voice)

"While you wait for a chance to snag a boarding pass for our new ride that will take up most of your day, you can now waste away the hours letting your children help Uncle Scrooge and the kids solve fantastic mysteries from different countries as you traipse around World Showcase! Don't forget to enjoy another specialty cocktail at each stop!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom