Discounts for Cast Members

tinkerbell88

Original Poster
What discounts do cast members actually get? I know the web site says stuff like merchandise,food,and entertainment, but does anyone who has experinced working there already know exactly what the benefits are for cast members?

juan

full-service restaurants 20% off at lunch
all quick-service at AK 20% off
all resorts restaurants 20% all the time
merchandise 20% off (40% during the holidays)
resorts 40%-50% off rooms
free admission to PI Sun-Thurs discounted rate Sat & Sun
varying rate of discount at typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach

joanna71985

full-service restaurants 20% off at lunch
all quick-service at AK 20% off
all resorts restaurants 20% all the time
merchandise 20% off (40% during the holidays)
resorts 40%-50% off rooms
free admission to PI Sun-Thurs discounted rate Sat & Sun
varying rate of discount at typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach

Besides these, there is also discounts on:
full-service resturants- lunch before 5:30 and dinner after 8:30 (I believe)
tickets- I believe it is 10%
discount on special event tickets (certain nights)

tinkerbell88

Original Poster
You are given 6 3-people park hopper tickets when you do the CP. That means you can let up to 3 people into the parks 6 times.
Does it have to be the same three people or can be different people at different times? For example: Three come on one day and then three come on a different day. Is that possible?

joanna71985

Does it have to be the same three people or can be different people at different times? For example: Three come on one day and then three come on a different day. Is that possible?

No it can be different people. But here is the important thing to remember- if you don't bring all 3 people on one day the other tickets get wasted. For example: if you only bring 2 people on one day, the 3rd person does not carry over.

tinkerbell88

Original Poster
No it can be different people. But here is the important thing to remember- if you don't bring all 3 people on one day the other tickets get wasted. For example: if you only bring 2 people on one day, the 3rd person does not carry over.
What if I only bring like one person?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Just to clarify, it's a pass that can cover up-to 3 people. At the entrance gates (the ones marked "CM's and Guests") they swipe the pass, deduct a day from your total days, then give you up-to 3 park hopper passes right there on the spot.

sum41914

Yes it acts as a normal park hopper. Also the up to 3 guests to let in can use those tickets all day long, for FP, hopping to other parks ect..., and if you do not use all 3 passes in one day they are wasted and cannot be used, also pay attention to the expiration date, as it will not work after December 31st of that year whether you got it in January or October. Heres the deal with the guest passes. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to explain this the best that I could.

1. What you receive is a Blue Main Gate Pass. It looks like a hotel room key, plastic with a magnetic strip on the back, also your CM name is printed on the ticket and unless your CM id (white,red,yellow,blue CPs get the temp white ID) has a picture on it your going to need your license or if your a CP your housing ID will do.
2. When you go to use it, present your blue main gate pass to the park greeter at the Cast Member Entrance turnstiles. They will run the blue pass through first then your ID, to check that it is valid.
3. They will then run the pass through the ticket taker for every guest your admitting (up to 3), finger scans aren't taken. They then issue the guests a paper park hopper ticket, it says park hopper on the back and has a line for a signature and must be signed if hopping to another park.
4. This hopper allows you entrance to all 4 theme parks and the use of the fast pass system.

Now time to put this into real world event. EXAMPLE TIME:

Lets for giggles assume you are a CP (College Program, not what the full timers like to call you, but that is for another discussion) Your family, which consists of lets say a Mom, Dad and snotty little brother :hammer: , is down for the weekend and want to go to MK and EPCOT for a day. So you set out that morning, taking the Monorail from the TTC or by Disney bus, w/e :animwink: (as you cannot admit your guest via backstage, tunnels, costuming, only the main entrance). Now im not sure where the Cast Member Turnstile is at MK but that is where you want to head usually towards the right of all the turnstiles. It is set up like a turnstile as we know and love them. You then present your Blue Main Gate pass and your ID to the Cast member (Adam, for kicks) at the turnstile. They then send the ID and BMGP through the ticket taker thing. They they send the BMGP through the ticket taker once for your mom, twice for your dad, and three times for your little brother. Making a total of 3 times. They will then hand your family members their hopper tickets. Then they go through the turnstiles and you make them sign the backs of the tickets. Next you ride the mountain range and see the 3 o'clock parade and have a Dole Whip and your mom goes, I could really go for a ride on Soarin.
So then its off to EPCOT. After a short leap and bound to EPCOT, once again to the main entrance. Head to the second turnstile to the left of the middle, thats the Cast Member Entrance. Let your family go through first (don't have to but hey, they are your guests) they put their ticket in and scan their finger (for the first time) and they you go your off to soar over Cali.
=======Intermission======
Alright so about a month has gone by and some friends of yours back home come to visit you and go to the parks. Do the same process but this time, they are going to visit for 2 days and Jimmy will join you on the second day. So you and Bob go to AK and you follow the same process, you get ONE park hopping ticket from cast member "Maria" and you take a spin on Everest. That was one day for one guest. (So far you have used 2 days of your Blue Main Gate pass, one on your family and one for your friend.) So now its the second day of your friends visit and Jimmy is going to join you. This time its off to MGM, hand off your ID and Blue Main Gate and its through the gates you go with Paper Park Hoppers in your friends hand. (Now your up to 3 Days used) Tower of Terror, RNR, maybe a little GMR and your off to EPCOT, (take the bus, the boat took me 35 mins one time) Go back to CM entrance and go through the entrance, finger scans sct... and enjoy your night watching Illumination with your friends and knowing that you still have 3 Days of 3 Guest Passes left for Family, Friends and Family Friends you never knew you had.

Alright well that is my in depth look at the Blue Main Gate Pass System, please let me know if I forgot something important, or if you have any further questions feel free to PM me or Post your Q here.

Have a Magical Day!

-Sum

edh

Hello,

I am planning on doing the College Program for Spring 2007. What about discounts on Cirque Du Soleil and the Disney Cruise line?

ImaYoyo

Hello,

I am planning on doing the College Program for Spring 2007. What about discounts on Cirque Du Soleil and the Disney Cruise line?
The Disney Cruise line has separate programs based on what you're looking for. The deepest discount is what is called Space Available. Any current CMs here BETTER not post those rates, as those are confidential (hint, hint). But there is also a confirmed discount program and a Florida resident discount program. Neither of which come CLOSE to the space-available rates. Lets just say you cruise for little.

For Cirque, the discount changes. I believe currently it's 50% off of cat 2 and 3. You can call the cirque box office and ask for Laura Tirado to find out.

By the way, if you're planning to do the Spring 07 program, I think you're a couple of months too late... ;)

edh

Sorry, I mean't fall. But thanks for the information. I guess I just hope I can get a few days off one week and hopefully take a cruise, but I guess you just need to show on on short notice, and just hope you can get on. Also, is it fairly easy to get Space Available rates? And can you take your family? Also, what are the blackout dates for the hotel dicounts, and the theme park discounts, if any?

ImaYoyo

Sorry, I mean't fall. But thanks for the information. I guess I just hope I can get a few days off one week and hopefully take a cruise, but I guess you just need to show on on short notice, and just hope you can get on. Also, is it fairly easy to get Space Available rates? And can you take your family? Also, what are the blackout dates for the hotel dicounts, and the theme park discounts, if any?
Hotel discounts are never blacked out (based on availability, they are available 365 days a year). Other discount block-out days vary. F&B can be blocked out during peak times all year (spring break, winter holiday and free dining periods). Merch discount usually dec. 18th-January 3rd.

Dont fret, all of this will be clearly explained to you when you arrive.

As far as space available, they're easy to get. But you don't get much more than 30 days notice as far as which cruises are available. So if you're like DW where your schedule is changed on a 30-day calendar, it's tough to plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom