Discounts!!!, Crush-n-Gusher, etc.

ead79

Thanks for the info! The rates you posted seem a little high to me. Perhaps those rates are for the dates that fall under peak season. I'm hoping that the dates that fall under regular season get bigger discounts. It just doesn't make sense to me that an AP rate for a value would be $74 when rack rate for regular season is $77 (that would mean I'm already beating the AP rate with AAA discount, which doesn't add up).

DDuckFan130

wannabeBelle said:
Once these codes are released you call and ask for the code by the three letter name or the type of code ( Florida resident, or Annual Passholder) and you can book the rooms at the hotel of your choice ( assuming that they still have rooms available) at that rate. I Am not so sure how the three day passes work so I will leave that question to others who know better than me!!! Belle
As always, you provide clear and correct information :D. As far as the passes go Piebald, they are exactly like Play 4 Days passes, except they are for 3 days :hammer:. These are only for theme parks...if you want to go to a water park or PI or whatever, that's a separate ticket. But you can hop around with the 3 days pass if you want. Hope that helps.

ead79

wannabeBelle said:
Hi there ead, Rack rate for May for the Value level resorts is $99.00 a night if I Am not mistaken. Belle

Oops, you're right. I guess I was just wishful thinking. :hammer:

Tiggerlover91

wannabeBelle said:
Hi there ead, Rack rate for May for the Value level resorts is $99.00 a night if I Am not mistaken. Belle

You are NOT mistaken. That's how I remember it and thought, wow a $20 savings over a 6 night stay just gives hubby and I more money for food! :sohappy:

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
Piebald said:
How do these codes work? We're planning a small weekend trip perhaps in May and we'd love to take advantage of any discounts. We're Florida residents and whatnot. Also I have a question, with the 3 play day pass or whatever they offer for FL residents, it's not possible for the third day to be a water park is it? I doubt they allow it but it seems like it could be feasible. Thanks for the help.

You can purchase the Florida Resident 3-day play pass for $119 and add the Magic Plus Pack Option to it for $45 bringing the total to $164(174.67 incl. tax).That would give you 3 full days at the theme parks and an additional 2 visits to the water parks, disney quest, and/ or pleasure island. And you have 6 months to use the days on the ticket.

Catherinesmom

The AP code was active for a while tonight. Apparently it was released early, but pulled when people started calling in. The CMs did tell people to call back tomorrow morning, as it should be active then. Sample rates include:

POR $109
All Stars/POP $74
Poly Garden $254
Contemp Garden $209
WL Standard $139

LuvAriel

dr_teeth90210,

Say it isn't so...did i read this right and do you believe that general public codes willnot be released until the fall???

I am planning to go 7/2-7/9 and would love a code. Any information you can give me will be appreciated!!!!
TIA

Tiggerlover91

LuvAriel said:
dr_teeth90210,

Say it isn't so...did i read this right and do you believe that general public codes willnot be released until the fall???

I am planning to go 7/2-7/9 and would love a code. Any information you can give me will be appreciated!!!!
TIA

Most of the CMs who were spoken to have said that they don't know anything about general codes, only those for FL residents and AP holders. Sorry. :eek:

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
LuvAriel said:
dr_teeth90210,

TIA

General codes are very rare. WDW typically will only release a general public code in the very slowest of seasons and currently with the "Happiest Celebration
on Earth" just about to start , Disney is expecting some large crowds.

But if you still want to save money, then try the following...

Call Disney reservations at (407) WDISNEY and get a price quote on a room or a vacation. They're gonna ask you for your address and email. Make sure they get both peices of information. Then you can call back in the next day and you'll give them(the disney agent) your last name and zip code. When
the agent brings up your household information you can politely ask him or her if you received a pin code or promotional offer.

Pin codes are ways for disney to offer special discounts to past and future guests but they got to have your info to receive one.

Oh... and don't try to use a friends pin code either because it's connected automagically to the person it was issued to. So if your not a FL resident or a passholder then this is the best way to receive a discount.

Good luck!!!

AEfx

To begin with, Cheer for the new rates! (Wish it was a tiny bit more of a discount, but I'll take what I can get ;) ) I wouldn't be able to travel 3-4 times a year like I do now without the discounts, and these are just in time.

However, a warning that may be too late for some :

Be VERY Careful when Changing Ressies!

Yes, it is possible, but note two things. First, do NOT make your ressie online if you plan to change it later (i.e. by adding a discount code). They CANNOT do anything with the deposit once you've paid it; if you cancel/change the ressie they cannot apply the old deposit to the new one and will have to refund it instead and in the mean time you must pay a new, second deposit.

This ONLY applies to Internet ressies - ones made over the phone should be just fine and they can move the funds around. Something about doing it on the net first prevents them from doing anything other than refunding (which can take several billing cycles, read below.)

Second, if you are faced with a refund from WDW, check it diligently! They cancelled a ressie and made me a new one under the scenario outlined above (internet ressie in the first place) and told me the standard "it will appear in 1-2 billing cycles". However, it was a debit card - so I could check instantly when it arrived. After a week or so it didn't, so I just shot them off an email wondering how long it takes. Got the same stock e-mail (think this one said 2-3 billing cycles!). I had to call for PS's anyway, and when I did I mentioned the situation and the fact that it was a debit card, so I knew it hadn't been processed yet as I could see my account online.

Long story longer, accounting "lost" my refund. If I had waited 2-3 months before looking into it, I may have never gotten it. When they processed it this time it showed up in about three days.

Moral of the story? Always call and make your ressies (you always pay full-rack rate no matter what on the website anyway), and be diligent if you are ever owed a refund. CRO really can be helpful and is usually a wonderful experience, but knowing about their policies and procedures beforehand can be very valuable in getting the most out of the experience.

AEfx

wannabeBelle

OK Folks, Pam of Kingdom Konsultants JUST Called me. The AP rates have been released as of now!!!! The code is EWY as previously mentioned and the check in dates are from 4/17/05-7/4/05. Happy Calling everyone!!! And a special thank you to Pam for alerting us to an early release!!! Belle

PixiePower

I just got off the phone and was able to apply the discount to my existing AKL stay in MAY. The CM told me these rates were good from APRIL 17- JULY 4.
Only AP rates available yet...FL res to come.
Happy trip planning to all!

LuvAriel

General codes are very rare. WDW typically will only release a general public code in the very slowest of seasons and currently with the "Happiest Celebration
on Earth" just about to start , Disney is expecting some large crowds.

But if you still want to save money, then try the following...

Call Disney reservations at (407) WDISNEY and get a price quote on a room or a vacation. They're gonna ask you for your address and email. Make sure they get both peices of information. Then you can call back in the next day and you'll give them(the disney agent) your last name and zip code. When
the agent brings up your household information you can politely ask him or her if you received a pin code or promotional offer.

Pin codes are ways for disney to offer special discounts to past and future guests but they got to have your info to receive one.

Oh... and don't try to use a friends pin code either because it's connected automagically to the person it was issued to. So if your not a FL resident or a passholder then this is the best way to receive a discount.

Good luck!!!

Thanks dr_teeth90210 for this info. I just tried it and unfortuneatly there were no codes/pins attached to my name. All I can do is hope and wait that either public codes will be released, or I get an email/postcard rate. Otherwise it is offsite for me.

Thanks again

I just called the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 939-6244 to change my reservation. I was on hold for 38 minutes before an agent answered the call. The agent explained that they had over 300 calls in the queue. You might want to wait until later tonight before calling. She also asked my how I knew the AP code had been released. I told her WDWMagic all the way! Thanks all! Saved 150 dollars on my May trip to POR!

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
It appears that my letting the cat out of the bag on these codes caused DRC to release the codes earlier than they thought.

And it appears that InsideOtherPark is correct and that they should be releasing the FL resident discount as early as tomorrow, March 10th(Thursday).

InsideOtherPark.... Who's your connection?

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom