Discount code cards

sbkline

One of the assistant managers at the Walmart I work at made a trip to WDW with her family back in May, and she told me recently that she just got a card in the mail offering a stay in the value resort for, I believe, 65 bucks a night for certain time periods. I'm not sure what the time frame was, but I was curious what criteria they use in determining whom to send these cards to. This was her first trip in 12 years or so, and we've been in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008. Granted, 2007 and 2008 were our only times on property, but in 2003 and 2004, we ordered our passes online...so our info should be in the system from those trips as well as the 2007 and 2008 trips (2005 was a one park only trip and we paid at the gate that day). Is it totally random in how they decided whom to send these cards out to? Or does it depend on the dates of your last visit, or what?

I'm mainly just curious, as we don't plan on going next year. But there is still that remote possibility of trying to go, even if only for a very short trip. And if we did decide to go, it would be nice to get one of those discounts. But again, I'm primarily just curious as to why we didn't get one of those cards in the mail, and she did.

wdwmomof3

I don't understand how this works either. I got one sometime last year but of course we could not go during that time. I know that my in-laws got one in her name and another one in his name late last year too, and they had not been in years. He seems to think it was because he was online at Disney World.com, but we don't really know.

You would think that Disney would see the people who go every year, and send them some type of discount to give them a little help with the trip, and during the times that they normally go. They make a ton of money off of us anyway, they should help the ones who return year after year. I had MUCH rather them do this than offer free dining during a time that a lot of us can't go.

I am not sure how this new "Go for free on your Birthday" thing is going to work either. I guess it will be nice for the locals, but it's hard to get excited about that when you are 9 hours away. (just had to vent) :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

hcphish

You would think that Disney would see the people who go every year, and send them some type of discount to give them a little help with the trip, and during the times that they normally go.

Why would they do that? Disney KNOWS your coming back either way. Our family has been going every year since 2005 and are about to embark on our second trip alone this year, and believe me not once have we got a discount code in the mail.

I'm not sure anyone will ever know how that programs works!

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Why would they do that? Disney KNOWS your coming back either way. Our family has been going every year since 2005 and are about to embark on our second trip alone this year, and believe me not once have we got a discount code in the mail.

I'm not sure anyone will ever know how that programs works!

:lol: I know... I guess that's why they don't do it, but it would be a nice little "We appreciate you" type deal. Don't ya think?

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

And I've gotten at least 6 different discount offers so far this year, either in the mail, or in my e-mail, both at home and at work. I already had my plans made, and was finally able to cash in this latest one for free dining. Have you signed up for the trip DVD? I got my 1st postcard about a month after I requested the DVD,

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
As far as I can tell, they send them to people they think may be teetering on a decision. Such as someone who hasn't visited the parks in 5 years but suddenly is visiting the Disney World website again. Or someone who used to visit all the time, but for whatever reason stopped visiting for the last couple years.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

I had a postcard sent to my home address for the first time in 10 years...to my niece's name at my address. She is an adult and I traveled with her and my other niece for a girl's only trip about 3 years ago and she has not been back. When I called reservations, I was told that I could use the pin code even without sharing her last name because it was sent to my home address. But I ended up using an annual passholder pin code, as usual. Since I've been getting the annual pass and we travel to Disney 3 times a year, I have not gotten the postcard pin. They know I'm coming back!

Upvote 0

maleficent87

I planned a grand gathering several years ago & I get something in the mail with everyone else's name that went with us but at my address. Nothing ever comes in my name any longer. Prior to the grand gathering I use to always get a pin code card. That grand gathering messed up my name & address somehow. :brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom