Disappointed

peter11435

DisneyMom63 said:
Get a clue! These people are payed subhuman wages so you can't expect them to be cheary 24/7....:rolleyes:
I wouldn't exactly call them subhuman wages. Sure their not the greatest, but they are above Florida's minimum wage and comparable to similar jobs in the region.

wannab@dis

DisneyMom63 said:
Get a clue! These people are payed subhuman wages so you can't expect them to be cheary 24/7....:rolleyes:

Not 24/7; but, during their shift, yes. It's part of the job requirements. They knew the wages when they accepted the job. If they can't fulfill the requirements of the job, then they have the option of leaving or being let go. :wave:

brich

remingtonsteele said:
As a current Attractions CM, I have found this an interesting thread. I do agree about how guest expectations can make it more difficult to do the little things to make guests happy. As an example, many at my attraction, myself included, really dislike working FP Return. Why? There is a terrible ratio of guest satisfaction. An example: you have a return time of 3:00 on your FP. You came up to me at FP Return at 2:50, and I ask you to wait a few minutes. Almost all of the guests I deal with expect to be let in 10 min. early at the very least, but my responsibility, as conveyed by my manager, is to make they wait until the time. If I let them in a few minutes early, I could be in trouble, and the guest EXPECTS that, so they don't think I am doing anything "magical" for them. If I make them wait till 3:00, most think I am a jerk for not letting them in sooner, some tell me "you don't know how to do your job." If people didn't expect the rules to be broken for them, they may notice CM trying to help in little ways.
I watch that happen at Big Thunder and it amazes me that people will spend those 10 minutes till it's their time standing right in front of the FP return making it nearly impossible for others to get by. In December, I showed my 6 year old how to sit back and watch all the crazies that have to return the minute there time has come up. We watch the chaos, wait about 10 minutes, and then we casually enter the FS return with no rush or madness. I think FS was designed with a time window for a reason... I feel really bad for you CM's that have to deal with stubburn early birds... It ain't a yard sale people!! :lol:

brich

OmegaKnight said:
I work in merchandise and we also have certain rules in which we have to follow. For instance, a guest wanted to pay with a credit card, which wasn't signed on the back. As per our rules, if they aren't signed, we have to request a photo i.d. Well, this guest didn't have a photo I.D. so I couldn't accept his credit card. He started to go off on me that this was the card he used to buy $1,500 in tickets to get into the park and they didn't ask for an I.D. there. I politely told them that CM wasn't doing their job properly and I would be happy to get my manager for them. He paid with another form of payment but he was really mean to me the whole time. Why guests get angry at us for doing our job properly is beyond me.
I've experienced that first hand myself. On the flip side, that guy would skewer you if someone had stolen his unsigned credit card and you didn't ask for an ID and the someone was able to charge stuff on his lost card... :D

Keep up the good work. I'll be looking for you while I'm down in October. I'll be the one with the credit card with an illegible signature on the back... :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom