Disappointed with very few fun room displays at Pop this year

ThinkTink721

We were really disappointed that we only had one fun room display done for us during our entire stay at Pop this year.

My kids always look forward to returning to the room after a day at the parks to see what the room looks like.

My hubby actually called the front desk to ask if we could get more displays done.

We did leave a tip for the display that was done.

Our mousekeeper was very nice - she tried to be helpful by giving us a cute elephant that was made from washcloths. We thanked her, but it just wasn't the same as having the room done when you're not there.

I think they had a change in their mousekeepers crew & I know that when they are new, they have to attend a class to learn how to make the displays.

We were just kind of disappointed, that's all. :(

Correction: My hubby informed me that he did not call the front desk. He had to go to the front desk to check on something else & he just asked them if they still did the displays. They replied that the mousekeepers who had been to the class usually did them & they had a towel animal sent to our room. He didn't ask for one. Sorry about the confusion. :) :wave:

ssidiouss@mac.c

We were really disappointed that we only had one fun room display done for us during our entire stay at Pop this year.

We were just kind of disappointed, that's all. :(

I have to agree on this. Our last 2 trips to the Pop were disappointing when it came to room displays.

We buy a lot of stuffed animals and all during our trip but we had no fun room or window displays to surprise us during our last 2 trips :cry:

We used to tip at the end of our trip but during the last 2 trips we switched to tipping each day to hopefully motivate the help to do some room displays or something but we got nothing :confused:

Over the course of our long stays (11 nights the last trip) we wound up paying more in tips from switching to tipping each day but we are definitely going back to just tipping at the end for our future trips so we can take into consideration the room displays or lack there of. I don't need an elaborate display or anything.. but putting a stuffed animal in the window or making a towel animal would be nice to see once in awhile when returning to your room.

Upvote 0

themerebear6453

Don't get on their case for "complaining". At first I was like "Whatever lady get over your stupid towels" but then I remembered our previous trips and how excited my brother and sisters were when they did the small displays. Its this kind of stuff that really makes your trip extra special and there's nothing wrong with calling the front desk to request (which is what it sounded like more than a complaint to me) these extra services. It's worth a shot, especially after you spend so much money and know you have a kid who will really appreciate it. Its these little extra things that makes guests choose to continue to stay on Disney property anyway.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Id rather they spent time cleaning the rooms properly and less time making towel toys. Time that has to be ultimately paid for by me the guest. But then Im a miserable old git, but an old git with standards.

I know, but when you have kids, they usually get a kick out of the displays! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom