DIS down again. Think it's permanent this time?

The Mom

Premium Member
I hope it's not down permanently because 1. I don't want THIS board to be overloaded again! 2. I think it's a very informative board, just too large for me to ever call it "home." I enjoy browsing there once in a while, but get sensory overload after an hour or so! It's not better or worse than wdwmagic, just different, and I would hate to see it shut down!

Tramp

Originally posted by The Mom
I hope it's not down permanently because 1. I don't want THIS board to be overloaded again! 2. I think it's a very informative board, just too large for me to ever call it "home." I enjoy browsing there once in a while, but get sensory overload after an hour or so! It's not better or worse than wdwmagic, just different, and I would hate to see it shut down!

....yeah, DIS is home to alot of good folks...it must be like living in a city...huge population....lots to do.....but cumbersome to manage....I hope they get it running up to speed soon cuz many of them need a daily fix of their forum just like us.:)

Carl

Original Poster
No, I don't think many would come here.

I think that not many more than the ones who already have come to visit would come here permanently.

wvjules72

I don't think it will ever go down for good. Also, I don't think the DIS is as big as you guys perceive it to be. Yes, they are always talking about the 30,000+ members, but only about 500-700 post on a regular basis.

NowInc, is that a real contact with he mouse head? Thats really cool!

NowInc

Originally posted by wvjules72

NowInc, is that a real contact with he mouse head? Thats really cool!

LoL...nah..im a Digital artist..so I created that in about 3 minutes using Photoshop...

The Mom

Premium Member
Also, I don't think the DIS is as big as you guys perceive it to be. Yes, they are always talking about the 30,000+ members, but only about 500-700 post on a regular basis.

Since this forum only has about 100 regular posters, and maybe another 150 infrequent posters, Dis still seems pretty big! As I said, I have a hard enough time keeping up with the 100 or so folks here....500 would be way too hard for me!
;)

KittyKat

This place is so much more quiet than the DIS.......kind of like the tiny little town I live in. We don't even have a traffic light!!:lol:

MrPromey

I don't think it will ever go down for good. Also, I don't think the DIS is as big as you guys perceive it to be. Yes, they are always talking about the 30,000+ members, but only about 500-700 post on a regular basis.

Well, the last few times I have been over there I've seen about 250 people online which is more than twice as many people as have ever been on all at once on this forum. As a matter of fact, the most that we can really have over here before we run into server problems is about 50...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom